🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do You Think 'Cracker' Is A Racial Slur?

Do You Think The Term 'Cracker' Is A Racial Slur

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Personally I don't care.

If some idiot I don't know calls me a name I ignore them.

if you actually listen to Jeantel's testimony she originally said that Martin called Zimmerman creepy white cracka. When asked to repeat it she then changed it to creepy assed cracka.
start at 7:45 and listen
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdzrBw-x8Xc]Rachel Jeantel FULL Testimony. George Zimmerman Trial - YouTube[/ame]

No more and no less than the N-Bomb is

Well no.

"Cracker" means the "crack" of the whip. Or something a boss has. It's a racial slur, but one that recognizes who is dominant.

Actually, it's a slur that is now meant to evoke emotion and blame people who did nothing wrong.

well--'Uncle Kracker' just ruined it as an effective racial slur, as far as I am concerned.

I liked that song. never knew who he was --if he is still around.

I suppose there is profound meaning in the name ? 'Uncle'--Uncle Tom and Kracker--white racist? Is that it?

ah--my days on message boards. I think I was so overwhelmed by a military discussion that I typed something that I later couldn't believe. 'Follow Me'--yes, there are times to follow and times to walk alone--why anyone wants to lead, I cannot say.
The song is just a silly, little ditty--deep analysis is not needed.

My father is greek and has olive skin.. people use to call him names like, High yellow, half n***** etc.. I think any term meant to harm another person based upon their race, is racist in in its intent.

Well no.

"Cracker" means the "crack" of the whip. Or something a boss has. It's a racial slur, but one that recognizes who is dominant.

where it comes from is not what defines it as a racial slur.

How it is used is what defines it as a racial slur.

I just accept that I will be hated for something.

Once in a MacDonalds--I provoked someone to rage. Ended up on the ground --she was going to finish me off.

My blood sugar was up and I had listened to some talk show. Slamming 'the teachers'--the worthless, incompetent teachers.
Always best to keep my mouth shut, expect to be hated and be pleasantly surprised if I am not.
~~
We cut that 'S' a long time ago. really. Why bother, why bother--everybody pretty much agreed.
We reprimand each other over little things--cutting in line, failure to returns carts to the store. People of all colors and creeds do this. Anal and annoying and I wish we would stop.

:( that makes me sad.

Nobody has ever called me a cracker and it wouldn't bother me if they did

Is that the best ya got?

Ya'll know where the term "honky" came from? There was a time when a white man could get some oral his wife wouldn't give him in the ghetto. So he'd leave the tavern, drive into the black neighborhood, find a likely spot and honk his horn. A black prostitute would come down off a stoop, a price would be agreed to, she'd hop in the car and do her thing. :)

Last edited:
No more and no less than the N-Bomb is

Well no.

So when a black guy calls me a cracker he is admitting I'm superior?
And all this time I thought he was insulting me,when in fact he was giving me a complement?
Boy do I feel silly.

Is that the best ya got?
Then the word " ****** " shouldn't bother you either.

The word "cracka" depicts whites as whip cracking slave owners. It is without a doubt an indisputable, derogatory, racist term! :whip:

Ya'll know where the term "honky" came from? There was a time when a white man could get some oral his wife wouldn't give him in the ghetto. So he'd leave the tavern, drive into the black neighborhood, find a likely spot and honk his horn. A black prostitute would come down off a stoop, a price would be agreed to, she'd hop in the car and do her thing. :)

So, hardly anything has changed, no??

where it comes from is not what defines it as a racial slur.

How it is used is what defines it as a racial slur.

I just accept that I will be hated for something.

Once in a MacDonalds--I provoked someone to rage. Ended up on the ground --she was going to finish me off.

My blood sugar was up and I had listened to some talk show. Slamming 'the teachers'--the worthless, incompetent teachers.
Always best to keep my mouth shut, expect to be hated and be pleasantly surprised if I am not.
~~
We cut that 'S' a long time ago. really. Why bother, why bother--everybody pretty much agreed.
We reprimand each other over little things--cutting in line, failure to returns carts to the store. People of all colors and creeds do this. Anal and annoying and I wish we would stop.

:( that makes me sad.

really it was my fault--listen to 'S' and think that way--leads to problems.

I have tested this out enough--however others can live --what works for me is a lighter approach. I get along well when I go with that. Talk radio --only in small doses.

Is that the best ya got?

The word "cracka" depicts whites as whip cracking slave owners. It is without a doubt an indisputable, derogatory, racist term! :whip:

Still doesn't bother me

Cracker has never had the social stigma of ******. It lacks the clout against whites

Is that the best ya got?

Still doesn't bother me

Cracker has never had the social stigma of ******. It lacks the clout against whites

all any of this means to me --is that 'kids'--those under 30--grew up with that 'language'-some quaint cultural mix.

Hysteria--over that--not me. An interesting phenomena, perhaps--worthy of discussion, if you have the time.

Somewhere in the 80's I can recall talking about these things. Can't believe we are back to that.
I finally went with a generic approach--after worrying what others might think if I said '?'.

at the dog parks--none of this matters--people are on their cell phones and listening to i pods.

fine with me.

Is that the best ya got?

So you're okay with being blamed for slavery? That's what it means.

Whites were the slaveholders......its the way it worked

If it makes you feel any better, I don't mind being called a Yankee either
More blacks act like " ******* " than whites who act like " crackers " . If you were down south, and a bunch of the indigneous started calling you yankee - you wouldn't like it. You might be scared for your life!

THE HARD TRUTH - BLACKS HATE WHITE PEOPLE! [PSA] - Video Dailymotion

Last edited:

Forum List

Back