Do you think humans live too long, or not long enough?

I do wish we had longer life spans.
I could easily do another hundred years without getting bored as long as I could still do the things I can now.
Now it just feels like the tank is approaching 1/4 full and there's nowhere to fill up.
We have pretty much peaked and we did good. The ancients had about thirty years to get their living done and we are now up to around 80 years on average.

We have pretty much peaked and we did good. The ancients had about thirty years to get their living done and we are now up to around 80 years on average.
Most of it is because of modern medicine dealing with obesity and associated diseases. It would be better if we all ate better and we eliminated HFCs and processed foods in general. We are what we eat and what we eat sucks.

Most of it is because of modern medicine dealing with obesity and associated diseases. It would be better if we all ate better and we eliminated HFCs and processed foods in general. We are what we eat and what we eat sucks.
Yes, modern medical treatment has expanded our life span. The ancients ate pure food and had a lot more physical exercise than modern man.
Maybe you can add a few years to your life by being health conscious but I think we have pretty much plateaued.

Think about it.

At this point in human evolution, it takes us about 50+ years of our lives to REALLY figure it all out. Well, as much as we are able.
We spend too much of our teen years being stupid. We spend most of our early adulthood being stupid and working to pay for being stupid.
Then once we get to retirement age, we either end up having to work until we die, or just hang around the house until we die.
And really, by the time we do figure it all out and how to REALLY make things better, its too late......we're worm food.

So......what if humans were able to extend life another 100 years? Would you take it? Would you use all you have learned to become the person you always wanted to be? Or do something exceptional with all those skills and knowledge aquired?
Do you think humans would be better off knowing they can literally spend half of their life figuring it all out before actually getting to LIVE the life you want?

Just a thought.

I actually figured life out as it was mine around 25.

Now worth about 1.5 million.

I am older than 50, but i can still work out and do an 11 mile bike ride at 10mph, without it being electric. (pussy boy bike).
Approaching 60 myself and still do residential construction. Climbing roof systems and carrying a lot of heavy crap. Going up and down ladders and stairs all day, it's probably equivalent to going up and down a skyscraper a couple times a day.
Two overweight buddies of mine passed in the last couple years, but they had heart issues and lived a sedentary lifestyle.
I believe as we get older, the best thing to do is keep moving and be active.
Every friend my age couldn't possibly do what I can on a daily basis.

Forum List

Back