Do You Think It's Ok To Bribe Congressmembers To Get Their Votes?

Do you think it's OK to bribe congress?

• Yes. But I don't like it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
youre not playing fair rabbi. if you were given a link you wouldnt take your own advise and shut the fuck up would you?

Come up with a link and let's see.
But I dont go around making claims about parties and their behavior that I can't support. Unlike seemingly most of the liberal posters around here.

We're still waiting for your evidence that gay marriage leads to horsefucking.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

youre not playing fair rabbi. if you were given a link you wouldnt take your own advise and shut the fuck up would you?

But I dont go around making claims about parties and their behavior that I can't support. Unlike seemingly most of the liberal posters around here.

Stop by his barn on Sunday morning. Ever since MA allowed gay marriage, the Rabbi has been a busy boy.

I'm still waiting for evidence you are smart enough to engage in debate. I think the wait will be a long one.

i want assurances, rabbi. :)

I want to fuck supermodels. That aint gonna happen either.
If you had a link you would have posted it already. So I'm pretty confident.

The Supreme Court has as much as said it's OK. They said money is speech so when someone delivers a bag of money to an elected official, they're just talking.

I thought it was called "Tipping"
Unless you were born yesterday you should catch the reference.

Stop by his barn on Sunday morning. Ever since MA allowed gay marriage, the Rabbi has been a busy boy.

:lol: Not to put too fine a point on it but I don't understand where wingnuts come up with some of this stuff. JD Hayworth seemed like he knew wherof he speaks as well..

:lol: Not to put too fine a point on it but I don't understand where wingnuts come up with some of this stuff. JD Hayworth seemed like he knew wherof he speaks as well..
Yep. I read somewhere that he spends all his vacation time at a dude ranch in Montana. I sure hope he isn't married. :eek:

tom delay took the slap on the wrist from the ethics committee. nick smith r-michigan redacted his claim that cash was involved, but $100k was the ticket he'd claimed before (being hushed?) the investigation.

take your pick of links...

No.

Its everything that is wrong in American politics, but the 'us vs them' crowd loves it, as long as it favors their 'side.'

The American side can go fuck itself obviously.

You're talking about a bill that was 6 years in Congress.
In any legislation like that there is arm twisting there is give and take.
But the level of outright bribery--promising future political appointments in exchange for votes, is unprecedented here. That is what distinguishes this as bribery versus traditional give and take politics.
Of course having had this pointed out, you will withdraw from the discussion and go on to some other misinformed view. Like always.

NO RABBI, it is NOT unprecedented......not in the least unprecedented. the level of what you call bribery, was well above what is happening now, to pass this bill....it was downright ILLEGAL to hold that vote opened for 3 plus hours when the rules say 15 minutes....and the vote after 15 minutes was a NO VOTE, they never closed the vote after it was counted and recorded....they kept it open for 3 straight hours of BRIBING....they offered to PAY for a congressman's son run for office, PHARMA was allowed on to the floor of congress to bribe the others...bush got on the phone at 3 am in the morning to bribe for votes...the house did this in the middle of the night, the wee hours of the morning hoping to HIDE their shenanigans.....

Please post links that describe how congressmen were offered actual money for their personal benefit in exchange for their votes.
If you can't do that then shut the fuck up.

read it and weep rabbi....read it and weep!

it'll give you the gist of the scumminess and hopefully open your eyes and the eyes of others...

NO RABBI, it is NOT unprecedented......not in the least unprecedented. the level of what you call bribery, was well above what is happening now, to pass this bill....it was downright ILLEGAL to hold that vote opened for 3 plus hours when the rules say 15 minutes....and the vote after 15 minutes was a NO VOTE, they never closed the vote after it was counted and recorded....they kept it open for 3 straight hours of BRIBING....they offered to PAY for a congressman's son run for office, PHARMA was allowed on to the floor of congress to bribe the others...bush got on the phone at 3 am in the morning to bribe for votes...the house did this in the middle of the night, the wee hours of the morning hoping to HIDE their shenanigans.....

Please post links that describe how congressmen were offered actual money for their personal benefit in exchange for their votes.

it'll give you the gist of the scumminess and hopefully open your eyes and the eyes of others...

It would be nice if the story actually supported anything you've written. But it doesn't. Yet another example of being unable to see any difference in two wildly different cases.
But I did find this:
There's perhaps no better example of this than Medicare. The Medicare prescription-drug bill, passed in late 2003 after a bitter partisan struggle, represented the program's biggest expansion since it began more than 40 years ago. But with its enormous expense and inadequate coverage, it has proved to be a disaster. Twenty percent of enrollees have higher drug costs than they did before signing up. In the next three months, an estimated three and a half to seven million people will hit the notorious "donut hole," in which coverage stops until their drug spending reaches $5,100. "We ended up with a program that undermines Medicare and costs way too much for a program with major gaps in coverage," said Roger Hickey, co-director of the Campaign for America's Future Campaign for America's Future (CAF) is an American political organization founded by a group of progressive leaders. Its main issues of concern include the environment, energy independence, health care reform, Social Security, education, and congressional accountability. and a founder of Americans United, a coalition of consumer and labor groups demanding that Congress fix the plan.
So if that plan, which was minor, is expensive and makes things worse, why does anyone think the Obama plan, which is many times the cost and many times the intrusiveness, is going to produce better results????

"No. It wasn't the airplanes...it was Beauty that killed the Rabbi..."

(inside joke, my cousins used to have pony named Beauty)

It would be nice if the story actually supported anything you've written. But it doesn't. Yet another example of being unable to see any difference in two wildly different cases.
But I did find this:
There's perhaps no better example of this than Medicare. The Medicare prescription-drug bill, passed in late 2003 after a bitter partisan struggle, represented the program's biggest expansion since it began more than 40 years ago. But with its enormous expense and inadequate coverage, it has proved to be a disaster. Twenty percent of enrollees have higher drug costs than they did before signing up. In the next three months, an estimated three and a half to seven million people will hit the notorious "donut hole," in which coverage stops until their drug spending reaches $5,100. "We ended up with a program that undermines Medicare and costs way too much for a program with major gaps in coverage," said Roger Hickey, co-director of the Campaign for America's Future Campaign for America's Future (CAF) is an American political organization founded by a group of progressive leaders. Its main issues of concern include the environment, energy independence, health care reform, Social Security, education, and congressional accountability. and a founder of Americans United, a coalition of consumer and labor groups demanding that Congress fix the plan.
So if that plan, which was minor, is expensive and makes things worse, why does anyone think the Obama plan, which is many times the cost and many times the intrusiveness, is going to produce better results????

Maybe this is what you're looking for:

The Medicare-related bribe allegation is all the more startling -- and credible -- because it was raised by an angry Republican member who claimed his own leadership team dangled a $100,000 campaign contribution in front of him in return for his Medicare vote. When that didn't work, according to Rep. Nick Smith, R-Mich., a fiscal conservative and former dairy farmer, party leaders then threatened to derail Smith's son's upcoming campaign to succeed him in Congress.

FLASHBACK: GOP leaders allegedly bribe, and then threaten, Congressman over Medicare vote | Media Matters for America

The Medicare-related bribe allegation is all the more startling -- and credible -- because it was raised by an angry Republican member who claimed his own leadership team dangled a $100,000 campaign contribution in front of him in return for his Medicare vote. When that didn't work, according to Rep. Nick Smith, R-Mich., a fiscal conservative and former dairy farmer, party leaders then threatened to derail Smith's son's upcoming campaign to succeed him in Congress.

FLASHBACK: GOP leaders*allegedly bribe, and then threaten,*Congressman*over Medicare vote | Media Matters for America

No, that actually doesn't support Carefuckall's contention either. First it is merely an allegation by a loser. Second, campaign contributions don't go into the pol's pocket.
Now, if the person had been offered a job somewhere, that would be different.

looks like a landslide against.. but it will be rammed jammed and crammed down our throats anyway.. all for the unions. :lol::lol::lol:

The Supreme Court has as much as said it's OK. They said money is speech so when someone delivers a bag of money to an elected official, they're just talking.

You have a vote, do you not? The answer is quite simple. 'We, the People' should vote out each and every corrupt asshole in Washington. And keep voting them out every damned time we find out about corruption - no matter which side. Eventually, like the dogs that they are, they will learn not to bite the hand that feeds them.

So how do you feel about the recent USSC decision allowing unlimited campaign fund donations? In favor of it?

You have a vote, do you not? The answer is quite simple. 'We, the People' should vote out each and every corrupt asshole in Washington. And keep voting them out every damned time we find out about corruption - no matter which side. Eventually, like the dogs that they are, they will learn not to bite the hand that feeds them.

So how do you feel about the recent USSC decision allowing unlimited campaign fund donations? In favor of it?

When did you stop beating your dog?

Go back and review the decision, which did not allow unlimited campaign fund donations. Then ask an intelligent question.

When did you stop beating your dog?

Go back and review the decision, which did not allow unlimited campaign fund donations. Then ask an intelligent question.

You are correct. The recent Supreme Court decision does not authorized DIRECT contributions to the campaign funds of INDIVIDUAL politicians. Rather, it lifts former (portions of McCain-Feingold) restrictions on corporate spending on political ads.

In other words, although Big Business cannot dump unliminited amounts of money into the campaign coffers of individual politicians, it can dump unlimited amounts of money into their campaigns via campaign ads.

Thanks for the (civil portions of your) comment - I learned something about this decision because of it.

FLASHBACK: GOP leaders*allegedly bribe, and then threaten,*Congressman*over Medicare vote | Media Matters for America

No, that actually doesn't support Carefuckall's contention either. First it is merely an allegation by a loser. Second, campaign contributions don't go into the pol's pocket.
Now, if the person had been offered a job somewhere, that would be different.

the goalposts are over yonder now.:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back