Do You Think That A $12,000 Sign-On Bonus Every Year Is Good For Employees?

Do You Think A $12K Sign-On Bonus Is Good?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
P

Private1

I was just wondering do you think that receiving a Free $12K Sign-On Bonus every year along with your monthly salary is a good Sign-On Bonus for Employees.

Sign on bonuses are usually one-time deals. I've never heard of a company that did annual sign on bonuses. Do you mean profit sharing bonus?

I was just wondering do you think that receiving a Free $12K Sign-On Bonus every year along with your monthly salary is a good Sign-On Bonus for Employees.

If it's every year then it's not a sign on bonus.

Depends on the details. Are you wages frozen? Do you have to give a certain number of years if you take the bonus? Is your work schedule conducive to family time? Are you disallowed from buying stock? My main question would be whats the catch? Companies dont give away free money unless they expect a 3-1 ratio on ROI

Hey Miss Kat...

... Uncle Ferd blowin' ya a kiss...

... possum got a bashful look about him.

Would I like an extra $12k a year? Sure!

But, as Asclepias pointed out, there are other things to consider.

In the private sector, I would wonder whether a business could sustain handing out $12k (above and beyond the normal compensation pkg) for very long.

Make it a performance based bonus, with clear goals, and you could get some to kick it into another gear.

Forum List

Back