Do you WANT to believe in God?

I would never have made it through breast cancer treatment x2 without the faith that I have with Christ. God doesn't just live in the church , He lives in your heart. The more you get to know Him, ( lightbulb moments) the stronger your faith becomes.

What do you mean what happened to the believing part?

It says in the bible ( Jesus parable quotes) to believe as a child does. A child doesn't get all tangled up into the confusion of a relationship with God. They just know, and don't know the politics of life like adults do.

I feel a strong connection with God, especially after my sister died in 2001. When she died I felt my sister and God walk through me. Incredible experience it opened up the understanding of the spiritual realm around us.
But you said you weren't religious. My point is that you are, deeply religious.

I am deeply spiritual with my relationship with God....Not Religious ....it is different. religion is all man made rules.
Bullshit. You are dishonest. You wouldn't know jack shit about Jesus if it wasn't for the bible. You are no different than any other religious nut that thinks they have the truth.
Why are you so angry?
Angry? WTF? I called bullshit bullshit. How does that translate into anger to you? I call a spade a spade, if someone refuses to believe they are even religious they are brainwashed. You don't get deeper and deeper into knowledge because you believe something is real, you get increasingly brainwashed, that's how it works.

I gained knowledge through studying history and it's eventually overcame my beliefs. There's nothing like facts to dispel beliefs. But it wasn't easy.
I just thought you sounded really angry, that's all.

Extra-terrestrials started manipulating our genes around 50,000 years ago, which is when humans suddenly started to be cognizant. The different branches of early humans were some of their failed experiments. So I don't need to believe in an invisible Big Guy theory, I know what really happened.

Where's the "proof" and "evidence"?
He doesn't need it, he believes it.

Well no need for discussion then.
I thought maybe a fact was revealed or available to him he could share that we didn't have.

quote-my-experiences-with-science-led-me-to-god-they-challenge-science-to-prove-the-existence-of-god-wernher-von-braun-213035.jpg
One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. it is simply too painful to acknowledge -- even to ourselves -- that we've been so credulous.

I'm tired of having to do all the work. Time for someone else to help me
Or you could simply accept that fact that beliefs are beliefs and not torture yourself over it. People say they know this and that but in reality it's a belief. Believing something doesn't make it appear. You can't know something simply because you believe it.

I would agree with this statement when I first became a baby christian. Trying to believe was like trusting in santa clause.

As your journey widens and you grow , to me it is not a belief it is a living fact to me I feel the Holy Spirit..no need to wonder. Especially when I can be told anyday that my cancer is all over my body...
You get to that point in life , you do much soul searching.
You're brainwashed, you can no longer even be honest with yourself. A Muslim can be just as dedicated as you, just as devout, even more. To you it's a fact because you believe what you've been told. Facts are facts, beliefs are beliefs. Beliefs don't become facts simply because that's what we want. You are locked into circular reasoning. "I believe it because it's true, it's true because I believe it."
It's the circular reasoning and blind faith I can't 'accept' or understand too. But, each to their own, as long as they do no harm.

Becoming a Christian has nothing to do with logic or reasoning. It's revelation and a change of "heart" (or soul/spirit) -
Faith is the substance of things promised of God
The evidence of things not "seen" - you have to have FAITH that there IS a God that is omniscient (knows ALL - more than we possibly can)
It requires SUBSERVIENCE to an all knowing God.
Much like a child who must listen to their Parent, only God is the Perfect and inerrant parent.
I agree and understand. It's why I can't be religious.

Extra-terrestrials started manipulating our genes around 50,000 years ago, which is when humans suddenly started to be cognizant. The different branches of early humans were some of their failed experiments. So I don't need to believe in an invisible Big Guy theory, I know what really happened.

This is a great video

This is a great video:

Yes. For the aliens to be real you have to believe in them. If you don't believe then they'll never come or beam you up when you die.

The belief in God is one thing, religion is another. People often confuse the two. I believe in God but I choose to be honest with myself and not fill in all the blanks because I want to and then consider them as facts.

No easy for God how have Catholic or Lutheran beliver behind me and never want what I wanted or God don't care about me ?! I hopes on Lord after I am death.

Humans share most of our genes with other creatures of this planet, but we have a set of genes unique to humans that give us the ability to think, reason and have language that started to emerge around 50,000 years ago, and which cannot be attributed to simple evolution. Plus, nearly all the creation stories from all the cultures around the world have beings that comes from the sky, often riding fiery chariots, which is their way of describing spaceships. As well, the human species was around for millions of years with pretty much nothing in the way of the intelligence we have today, until 50,000 when all that started to change. So millions of years of evolution=not much evolving. In the past 50,000 years=we went from cavemen to being able to fly in space...

Don't be fooled into believing that the only people that believe in God and Jesus are ignorant sheep.

Do your homework! See what is out there!

Yes. For the aliens to be real you have to believe in them. If you don't believe then they'll never come or beam you up when you die.
Extra-terrestrials exist. Thousands upon thousands of people have abduction stories... I don't need faith, I have proof.

I don't care who believes in god, that isn't a reason I should believe in god.

Lots of people believe in a god.
Argumentum ad populum. The popularity of an idea says nothing of its veracity. Geocentrism, a flat earth, creationism, astrology, alchemy and the occult were all once pervasive beliefs. Furthermore, religions are culturally relative and, for the most part, are inconsistent and mutually exclusive.

Smart person X believes in god or ‘You are not qualified’.
Ad hominem + Argument from Authority.

Invisible pink unicorns exist. You’re not an expert in them, so you can’t say they don’t.

The validity of a claim, such as the existence of god, is not governed by the intelligence of the minds which hold it. Evidence and reason are the deciding factors.

Sir Isaac Newton, one of history’s greatest scientists, was not only intensely religiousbut also believed in alchemical transmutation. Alchemy is, however, fully incorrect given our modern understanding of chemistry, the atom and nucleosynthysis.

The fact that an intelligent person holds an irrational belief is simply evidence that our brains are able to compartmentalise world-views and models from one another, usually in order to maintain a state of ‘ignorant bliss’ and escape the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

Extra-terrestrials exist. Thousands upon thousands of people have abduction stories... I don't need faith, I have proof.
...and they ALWAYS get "probed".

wink wink

One time I went to a gay bar and had a few too many drinks. I woke up at this dudes house and my butt hurt. He said aliens came down and probed me in the middle of the night. I believed him.

But the abduction stories don't stand up to close scrutiny or provide actual proof or evidence, do they?

Forum List

Back