Do you WANT to believe in God?

Extra-terrestrials started manipulating our genes around 50,000 years ago, which is when humans suddenly started to be cognizant. The different branches of early humans were some of their failed experiments. So I don't need to believe in an invisible Big Guy theory, I know what really happened.

Where's the "proof" and "evidence"?
He doesn't need it, he believes it.
Yes. For the aliens to be real you have to believe in them. If you don't believe then they'll never come or beam you up when you die.
Extra-terrestrials exist. Thousands upon thousands of people have abduction stories... I don't need faith, I have proof.
One time I went to a gay bar and had a few too many drinks. I woke up at this dudes house and my butt hurt. He said aliens came down and probed me in the middle of the night. I believed him.
And why wouldn't you? :wink:

The belief in God is one thing, religion is another. People often confuse the two. I believe in God but I choose to be honest with myself and not fill in all the blanks because I want to and then consider them as facts.
So how does that manifest? Are you saying you believe in God but aren't religious? Don't go to church etc?
Yes, I'm a theist but not religious, unlike the eagle person I do not personalize who or what god is. I don't know and neither does anybody else. Anyoen saying so speaks from faith, which is fine and dandy, BUT when they present it as fact I gotta call bull.

Extra-terrestrials started manipulating our genes around 50,000 years ago, which is when humans suddenly started to be cognizant. The different branches of early humans were some of their failed experiments. So I don't need to believe in an invisible Big Guy theory, I know what really happened.

Well no need for discussion then.
I thought maybe a fact was revealed or available to him he could share that we didn't have.

Yes. For the aliens to be real you have to believe in them. If you don't believe then they'll never come or beam you up when you die.
Extra-terrestrials exist. Thousands upon thousands of people have abduction stories... I don't need faith, I have proof.
But the abduction stories don't stand up to close scrutiny or provide actual proof or evidence, do they?
All lot of them absolutely stand up to close scrutiny. So do tons of UFO sightings. Also, does Roswell mean anything to you?

Eastern christians are ateists. They believe on Satan or communism.

Only one faith they have they how never are welcome to United Kingdom.

The British are against communists.

:alirulz:

One time I went to a gay bar and had a few too many drinks. I woke up at this dudes house and my butt hurt. He said aliens came down and probed me in the middle of the night. I believed him.
So you're a fudgepacker? Not surprised really. :D

But the abduction stories don't stand up to close scrutiny or provide actual proof or evidence, do they?
I had space goo coming out of my butt for a day. I should have saved it and sent it in for testing. I looked at it under a microscope and there were what looked like hundreds or thousands of alien spawns swimming around. I destroyed them because I was afraid they would mature and take over the world like in the movie Aliens.

[URL='http://www.newhealthadvisor.com/What-Does-Sperm-Smell-Like.html'][/URL]
Tell me that's not a baby alien.

I thought maybe a fact was revealed or available to him he could share that we didn't have.
All lot of them absolutely stand up to close scrutiny. So do tons of UFO sightings. Also, does Roswell mean anything to you?
Yes. I've never seen irrefutable 'evidence' for any of this stuff.

I had space goo coming out of my butt for a day. I should have saved it and sent it in for testing. I looked at it under a microscope and there were what looked like hundreds or thousands of alien spawns swimming around. I destroyed them because I was afraid they would mature and take over the world like in the movie Aliens.

Tell me that's not a baby alien.
Such a pity you HAD TO destroy them. But I understand and take your word for it :)

The belief in God is one thing, religion is another. People often confuse the two. I believe in God but I choose to be honest with myself and not fill in all the blanks because I want to and then consider them as facts.
So how does that manifest? Are you saying you believe in God but aren't religious? Don't go to church etc?
Yes, I'm a theist but not religious, unlike the eagle person I do not personalize who or what god is. I don't know and neither does anybody else. Anyoen saying so speaks from faith, which is fine and dandy, BUT when they present it as fact I gotta call bull.
Ok. Thank you. I most of the time don't believe there is a God, but when catastrophe strikes, have found myself attempting to pray and wishing it were true and that I could believe. I suppose a lot of people do this, hypocritical as it is (me, not you, lol)

And why wouldn't you? :wink:
He did swear to god that it was true. Why would anyone do that if they were lying? Do they want to go to hell?

We believe witness' in court who swear to god, why should I not believe? Who am I?

Ok. Thank you. I most of the time don't believe there is a God, but when catastrophe strikes, have found myself attempting to pray and wishing it were true and that I could believe. I suppose a lot of people do this, hypocritical as it is (me, not you, lol)
If there is a creator of the universe, it is obvious it doesn't care. If it does care, it cares if you are a good person, not if you believe in him.

You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe.

What I'm saying is, if God wanted to send us a message, and ancient writings were the only way he could think of doing it, he could have done a better job.

Then you haven't been paying attention.
So how do you explain that suddenly around 50,000 years ago humans started an intelligence explosion, after having evolved pretty much zero in the previous millions of years? And if evolution is solely responsible, then in millions of years, will all animals be able to build spaceships and fly them to other planets?

That's the worst time to contemplate the idea. Better to think about it when you are not stressed and when you are being rational and logical.

If I'm swimming in the ocean and a shark starts to circle me, all of the sudden I'm praying to god too.

Eastern christians are ateists. They believe on Satan or communism.
Jesus wasn't a capitalist.
According to the story he was a carpenter. That's an occupation that charges a fee for their service, since that was the system they lived under, capitalist is the only reasonable conclusion.
Maybe they bartered services and goods?
Jesus was a liberal loafer who survived on handouts.

That's the worst time to contemplate the idea. Better to think about it when you are not stressed and when you are being rational and logical.

If I'm swimming in the ocean and a shark starts to circle me, all of the sudden I'm praying to god too.
No, you should be hoping that in your next life that you're not such a dumbass. :D

Then you haven't been paying attention.
So how do you explain that suddenly around 50,000 years ago humans started an intelligence explosion, after having evolved pretty much zero in the previous millions of years? And if evolution is solely responsible, then in millions of years, will all animals be able to build spaceships and fly them to other planets?
We already can build spaceships and fly them to other planets. Did you forget we are animals too?

Oh, and scientists suggest dolphins might be A LOT smarter than we think. Their brains have been evolving for millions of years longer than ours have. Just because they can't build a spaceship doesn't mean they aren't smart. Look at us as humans. Do we seem smart to you? Dolphins live a great life and aren't destroying the planet. So what you can make a microwave? BFD.

Forum List

Back