Do you WANT to believe in God?

That is religion ( man made religion ) not a personal relationship with Jesus.
So you do or do not have a faith? What happened to the believing part?

I would never have made it through breast cancer treatment x2 without the faith that I have with Christ. God doesn't just live in the church , He lives in your heart. The more you get to know Him, ( lightbulb moments) the stronger your faith becomes.

What do you mean what happened to the believing part?

It says in the bible ( Jesus parable quotes) to believe as a child does. A child doesn't get all tangled up into the confusion of a relationship with God. They just know, and don't know the politics of life like adults do.

I feel a strong connection with God, especially after my sister died in 2001. When she died I felt my sister and God walk through me. Incredible experience it opened up the understanding of the spiritual realm around us.
But you said you weren't religious. My point is that you are, deeply religious.

I am deeply spiritual with my relationship with God....Not Religious ....it is different. religion is all man made rules.
Bullshit. You are dishonest. You wouldn't know jack shit about Jesus if it wasn't for the bible. You are no different than any other religious nut that thinks they have the truth.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think Eaglewings is saying that she avoids the man made trappings/aspects of religion, ie joining a particular denomination/group, going to a particular denominations church, observing rituals laid down by these groups, and so on. I've heard many people say they do this and they often state they a have a personal spiritual relationship with God/Jesus as opposed to being 'religious'.

Simple Definition of religious

• : of or relating to religion

• : believing in a god or a group of gods and following the rules of a religion

That is religion ( man made religion ) not a personal relationship with Jesus.

I would never have made it through breast cancer treatment x2 without the faith that I have with Christ. God doesn't just live in the church , He lives in your heart. The more you get to know Him, ( lightbulb moments) the stronger your faith becomes.

It says in the bible ( Jesus parable quotes) to believe as a child does. A child doesn't get all tangled up into the confusion of a relationship with God. They just know, and don't know the politics of life like adults do.

I feel a strong connection with God, especially after my sister died in 2001. When she died I felt my sister and God walk through me. Incredible experience it opened up the understanding of the spiritual realm around us.

I am deeply spiritual with my relationship with God....Not Religious ....it is different. religion is all man made rules.
Bullshit. You are dishonest. You wouldn't know jack shit about Jesus if it wasn't for the bible. You are no different than any other religious nut that thinks they have the truth.
Why are you so angry?

I'm tired of having to do all the work. Time for someone else to help me
Or you could simply accept that fact that beliefs are beliefs and not torture yourself over it. People say they know this and that but in reality it's a belief. Believing something doesn't make it appear. You can't know something simply because you believe it.

I would agree with this statement when I first became a baby christian. Trying to believe was like trusting in santa clause.

As your journey widens and you grow , to me it is not a belief it is a living fact to me I feel the Holy Spirit..no need to wonder. Especially when I can be told anyday that my cancer is all over my body...
You get to that point in life , you do much soul searching.
You're brainwashed, you can no longer even be honest with yourself. A Muslim can be just as dedicated as you, just as devout, even more. To you it's a fact because you believe what you've been told. Facts are facts, beliefs are beliefs. Beliefs don't become facts simply because that's what we want. You are locked into circular reasoning. "I believe it because it's true, it's true because I believe it."
It's the circular reasoning and blind faith I can't 'accept' or understand too. But, each to their own, as long as they do no harm.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think Eaglewings is saying that she avoids the man made trappings/aspects of religion, ie joining a particular denomination/group, going to a particular denominations church, observing rituals laid down by these groups, and so on. I've heard many people say they do this and they often state they a have a personal spiritual relationship with God/Jesus as opposed to being 'religious'.

Simple Definition of religious

• : of or relating to religion

• : believing in a god or a group of gods and following the rules of a religion
He or she might never go to church or follow any rules but the fact is that it's still a religion. Just mentioning Jesus means it's a particular religion, Christianity. I've said the same thing myself, I was a Christian for at least 20 years. I believed I had the truthful way, but so does everybody else. It's par for the course.

Regardless of how powerful you feel about your beliefs, they are still just that, beliefs. That's why it's called a faith, not a fact.

Why are you so angry?
Angry? WTF? I called bullshit bullshit. How does that translate into anger to you? I call a spade a spade, if someone refuses to believe they are even religious they are brainwashed. You don't get deeper and deeper into knowledge because you believe something is real, you get increasingly brainwashed, that's how it works.

I gained knowledge through studying history and it's eventually overcame my beliefs. There's nothing like facts to dispel beliefs. But it wasn't easy.

Or you could simply accept that fact that beliefs are beliefs and not torture yourself over it. People say they know this and that but in reality it's a belief. Believing something doesn't make it appear. You can't know something simply because you believe it.

I would agree with this statement when I first became a baby christian. Trying to believe was like trusting in santa clause.

As your journey widens and you grow , to me it is not a belief it is a living fact to me I feel the Holy Spirit..no need to wonder. Especially when I can be told anyday that my cancer is all over my body...
You're brainwashed, you can no longer even be honest with yourself. A Muslim can be just as dedicated as you, just as devout, even more. To you it's a fact because you believe what you've been told. Facts are facts, beliefs are beliefs. Beliefs don't become facts simply because that's what we want. You are locked into circular reasoning. "I believe it because it's true, it's true because I believe it."
It's the circular reasoning and blind faith I can't 'accept' or understand too. But, each to their own, as long as they do no harm.
True, but for some it does great harm. Some people go way off by trying to live a split personality life. When they break it isn't pretty.

The argument can be made, that, no matter what you believe, it could be considered "brainwashing"

Becoming a Christian has nothing to do with logic or reasoning. It's revelation and a change of "heart" (or soul/spirit) -
Faith is the substance of things promised of God
The evidence of things not "seen" - you have to have FAITH that there IS a God that is omniscient (knows ALL - more than we possibly can)
It requires SUBSERVIENCE to an all knowing God.
Much like a child who must listen to their Parent, only God is the Perfect and inerrant parent.

It's possible a fact can be revealed or be know by someone and not someone else.
Therefore, certain facts are no available to everyone

Extra-terrestrials started manipulating our genes around 50,000 years ago, which is when humans suddenly started to be cognizant. The different branches of early humans were some of their failed experiments. So I don't need to believe in an invisible Big Guy theory, I know what really happened.

If you don't, do you wish there was a God? Or proof of one?
Or do you hope there is not one?

“I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there’s little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.” – Carl Sagan

Extra-terrestrials started manipulating our genes around 50,000 years ago, which is when humans suddenly started to be cognizant. The different branches of early humans were some of their failed experiments. So I don't need to believe in an invisible Big Guy theory, I know what really happened.

Where's the "proof" and "evidence"?

Sometimes I think faith is a gift. Sometimes I think it is just illogical.
If there is a God, I wish they would show their face. It would solve SO many world problems.. Alien or spirit, I don't give a shit. Show your face and explain things.

I am beginning to believe more and more in Predestination.
I think there are some that just get revelation and inspiration.
Some don't
Some want to, try to, but God just is not available to them...
IMO, all predestination means is that God is one narcissistic mad man with a twisted fuckin mind.
If this god is really THE god, I don't want him to "save me"; from a "predestination" POV.
If there was a perfect god who cared, he wouldn't have made pain hurt so much. The other day I saw a racoon who clearly was hit by a car and died on the side of the road. I wonder how much it had suffered before it died. It was curled up in a ball. Poor thing.

No reason a god would have made us meat eaters when we can clearly survive on greens.

He doesn't need it, he believes it.

quote-my-experiences-with-science-led-me-to-god-they-challenge-science-to-prove-the-existence-of-god-wernher-von-braun-213035.jpg

This is a great video

Forum List

Back