Do you WANT to believe in God?

I have much experience of the existence of a spirit world and they say there is a God. Being in a higher plane of existence they should know. They say we reincarnate hundreds, if not thousands of times, on this and other worlds in a long journey of spiritual evolution until we reach a state of grace, or enlightenment, after which we no longer need to reincarnate and we continue to evolve into higher and higher realms of experience as immortal beings.
The truth be told I am weary of the whole idea of suffering and struggling through countless incarnations and oblivion seems like a reasonable option to me. But I can't undo what I have learned and so I think the soul has to go on getting reborn into new lives until perfected.
I know the spirit world can see into the future because I have had evidence of it, so God knows what is going to happen before it does. He allows suffering because it causes growth in the soul, and if our real status is eternal and immortal beings then dying is no big deal. It is just like throwing off an old coat or mortal body, and putting on a new one.

If you don't, do you wish there was a God? Or proof of one?
Or do you hope there is not one?

"Want" is not a part of the equation. With fire I do believe that there is One.

I mean to WANT to live for God. To WANT to please him and for Him to be the priority in your life.
Of course, many don't believe in a God like that.
Many believe God wants you to be happy and please yourself first and foremost

I mean to WANT to live for God. To WANT to please him and for Him to be the priority in your life.

I see.

...Some people believe that the fire of hell is experienced in this life.

I think this life is fine.
I have no problem with it.
If this is hell, I'm good to go

I think this life is fine.
I have no problem with it.
If this is hell, I'm good to go

I see...Psalm 21:9:

Psalm 21:9
King James Version (KJV)
(9)Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: the Lord shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them.

Life isn't happy , it is harder than shit... But giving over to God the things that make us crazy and the things we try to control, brings peace of not having to carry or drag painful things for years any more.

The hardestpart of being a believer is handing over the control to God. We all hold onto painful things that we actually don't have control of jack shit except for how we respond to things.

god-grant-me-serenity.jpg

I've done that.
Handed it over to God.
The next day, I'm worried.

Makes no sense

Warren-Wiersbe-Quote-See-Only-Problems.jpg

Then blind me to them because I can not turn my brain off my myself..... again, idiocy

...Some people believe that the fire of hell is experienced in this life.

I have seen hell in action many times, look at the beautiful animals and God's beautiful earth is being destroyed by humans that just don't get how precious life is.

I've done that.
Handed it over to God.

Makes no sense

Because you gave it to God and took it back...lol we all do that so I actually pray seeing Gods big hands coming down and taking it all away. It works..
Anytime I start to feel really angry or frustrated, every time I am usually controlling something that I can not change, and let it go.

The only think precious is God.
We are born in sin - evil - we are only made acceptable to go through Jesus.
We have made our own hell be allowing sin to enter due to our self centeredness and rebellion.

Not much bothers or shocks me.
I might get grossed out, but, tragedies don't affect me in any way....

I've done that.
Handed it over to God.

Makes no sense

Because you gave it to God and took it back...lol we all do that so I actually pray seeing Gods big hands coming down and taking it all away. It works..
Anytime I start to feel really angry or frustrated, every time I am usually controlling something that I can not change, and let it go.

Well if I took it back it's not consciously. Can't turn off my mind. It's a fucking joke. Only God can remove that.

I've done that.
Handed it over to God.

Makes no sense

Maybe you have better mind control. Good for you

... or maybe God empowers you to do it.
he certainly is not doing it for me.

Then blind me to them because I can not turn my brain off my myself..... again, idiocy

Yes the talking to the brain is stressful, this is why many become a addict to shut those sounds up.

In recovery we call it Obsession...I don't get loaded any more , so you have to find other ways to release the obsession...yoga, dancing, cooking

The fear of death is a constant spectre in the human condition. We have this life, but every last one of us knows that we will die. What happens at death? Are we snuffed out like a candle? If so, then what is the point of life?

We invent god to give life a purpose, to say that death is not the end, that this life is just part of a greater whole.

In addition, there is great evil in this world, and evil seems to be rewarded. People like Kim Jong Il live in splendor while they murder thousands. Criminals like Hillary Clinton are held above the laws of man. So the desire that justice be done in the next life burns in the heart of man. So we invent god to carry out retribution on those who escaped justice in this life.

Yes the talking to the brain is stressful, this is why many become a addict to shut those sounds up.

In recovery we call it Obsession...I don't get loaded any more , so you have to find other ways to release the obsession...yoga, dancing, cooking

honestly, I don't worry.
I take pills for that since I can't drink wine
I hate to cook, not time for yoga or dance because if I'm not work or doing errands I have to spend my time with my husband.
I am too lazy and unmotivated to do anything else.
I have no will, so God will have to empower me or, it remains. Which is fine. Like I said, he has to do something - not me. I can't (and won't)

I've done that.
Handed it over to God.

Makes no sense

Maybe you have better mind control. Good for you

Not really, I had a counselor do a test on my husband and I ..It pointed out that I freaken hate it when he tries to control me...
I have to drive so I am in control hate driving with me.

no it is not easy..

Forum List

Back