🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Doctors kill 100,00+ Americans per year; Cops...1000 or less. Why the bias outrage?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/08/01/opinion/more-treatment-more-mistakes.html?referrer=

They're both supposed to help us and protect us.
They both kill people...often by accident or recklessness. Rarely but certainly disturbing...they do it out of malice.

Cops do it about 1000 times a year.
Doctors do it about 100,000 times or more a year...some estimate 200,000 or more.

Why is the national outrage. ...for the far smaller problem?

Big rig truckers kill about 5,000 a year with their recklessness.

Hmmm.....no protests.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/08/01/opinion/more-treatment-more-mistakes.html?referrer=

They both kill people...often by accident or recklessness. Rarely but certainly disturbing...they do it out of malice.

Doctors do it about 100,000 times or more a year...some estimate 200,000 or more.

Apples and orangatans comparison.

Doctors aren't authority figures.

Obama wants rebellion against authority.

Hmmm.....no protests.
The fuck we do. Where do you get your info?
I THOUGHT that number was bogus until I looked. It's correct.
Stockton Truck Accident Lawyer Big Rig Accident Attorney Stockton Semi Truck Accident Lawyer In Stockton
You know what they say about statistics being used for lying. From that site you would never know that 3/4ths of accidents involving semis and 4 wheelers are the fault of the 4 wheeler, that safety has improved over a decade straight. Statistics lie in what they imply, that 5000 people are killed because of trucks. A further breakdown of the figures would paint a completely different story.

And by the way, for the same reason the OP's implication is also misleading, thrown into relief by the fact that many people in hospitals are dying anyway. Statistics are a tool for the unscrupulous few to deceive the unintelligent masses.

How many of those was the car driver at fault?

Probably many. Just like the criminal is often at fault in a cop shooting death.

Doctors kill 100X more people in America than cops.
It's funny, in a nation where 10% of the populace is on drugs one EXPECTS doctors to be drug free. I spent 27 years working end stage rehab and there were MANY doctors who were drunk right AFTER lunch DAILY.

Hmmm.....no protests.
Stockton Truck Accident Lawyer Big Rig Accident Attorney Stockton Semi Truck Accident Lawyer In Stockton
You know what they say about statistics being used for lying. From that site you would never know that 3/4ths of accidents involving semis and 4 wheelers are the fault of the 4 wheeler, that safety has improved over a decade straight. Statistics lie in what they imply, that 5000 people are killed because of trucks. A further breakdown of the figures would paint a completely different story.

And by the way, for the same reason the OP's implication is also misleading, thrown into relief by the fact that many people in hospitals are dying anyway. Statistics are a tool for the unscrupulous few to deceive the unintelligent masses.
NOT arguing with you. I checked BECAUSE I thought it was bogus. But the RAW number backs the statement. The RAW number mind you.

Hmmm.....no protests.

Statistics when not given with a proper context make for telling great lies by presenting only a partial truth.

Hmmm.....no protests.

Statistics when not given with a proper context make for telling great lies by presenting only a partial truth.
True enough and that RAW number does NOT assign fault. While factual the number IS misleading.

Hmmm.....no protests.

I agree. And it proves my point.

5000 killed in big rig accidents. Sounds like a lot.

But relative to how many there are and all the miles you guys drive...its tiny. Vast majority of big riggers are the safest people on the road.

The 1000 killed by cops? Same sensationalized statistical hype.

And 3/4 of both groups are the other guys fault.

Hmmm.....no protests.

True enough and that RAW number does NOT assign fault. While factual the number IS misleading.

Yep. Just like the media saying cops kill 1000 Americans a year.

In context...its a TINY number. And when fault is assigned....its a non story. North Charleston and Tulsa incidents...in context of 24/7/364 policing by 1, 000, 000 cops....are VERY rare. They're like an F5 tornado. Very devastating. ..but exceptionally rare.

Hmmm.....no protests.

NOT arguing with you. I checked BECAUSE I thought it was bogus. But the RAW number backs the statement. The RAW number mind you.
The whole discussion is based on illusion. Do cops kill a thousand people in cold blood? Do 100,000 patients die because their doctors didn't do all they could to save them?

I'm a professional truck driver. We are trained not only in the safe operation of a 70 ft, 80,000 lb tractor trailer combination, but also to look out for the safety of everyone on the road, often protecting reckless 4 wheelers from their own stupidity. Never do I lose sight of the fact that some minivans driving around me contain entire families who depend on me to be safe.

Deaths caused by dereliction by a truck driver are very rare. Many more are simply us dying in an accident because you just had to buy that latest car, designer jeans, dog food, attic fan, or just pump gas into the Subaru Outback to take a drive up the coast.

Sometimes we kill for you, but much more often we die for you.

And nobody drapes a flag over our coffin.

Hmmm.....no protests.

But relative to how many there are and all the miles you guys drive...its tiny. Vast majority of big riggers are the safest people on the road.

Ok, maybe I'm a little sensitive on this.

Sniff...

Hmmm.....no protests.

The whole discussion is based on illusion. Do cops kill a thousand people in cold blood? Do 100,000 patients die because their doctors didn't do all they could to save them?

I'm a professional truck driver. We are trained not only in the safe operation of a 70 ft, 80,000 lb tractor trailer combination, but also to look out for the safety of everyone on the road, often protecting reckless 4 wheelers from their own stupidity. Never do I lose sight of the fact that some minivans driving around me contain entire families who depend on me to be safe.

Deaths caused by dereliction by a truck driver are very rare. Many more are simply us dying in an accident because you just had to buy that latest car, designer jeans, dog food, attic fan, or just pump gas into the Subaru Outback to take a drive up the coast.

Sometimes we kill for you, but much more often we die for you.

And nobody drapes a flag over our coffin.

You're exactly right.

That was my point. Truckers are VERY safe. Yet...5000 people die in wrecks with them...many not the truckers fault.

But...a tiny number relative to number of drivers plus miles driven.

Just like 1, 000, 000 cops...doing 24/7/365 policing. ....having 1000 deaths is a tiny number...especially considering the profession is confronting criminals.

Hmmm.....no protests.

Sniff...

Haha...I know the feeling.

But it shows how the media smear against cops is nonsense. Its such a tiny "problem" within context.

Sniff...

Haha...I know the feeling.

But it shows how the media smear against cops is nonsense. Its such a tiny "problem" within context.
Tell that to Al and Jesse.....

Then again, that would be a waste of time and breath.

Forum List

Back