🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Does Anyone Disagree with This?

This is the issue of this election: Whether we believe in our capacity for self-government or whether we abandon the American revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capitol can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves.

You and I are told increasingly we have to choose between a left or right. Well I'd like to suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There's only an up or down—[up] man's old—old-aged dream, the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order, or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism. And regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course.

Thanks, Tehon.

This is the issue of this election: Whether we believe in our capacity for self-government or whether we abandon the American revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capitol can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves.

You and I are told increasingly we have to choose between a left or right. Well I'd like to suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There's only an up or down—[up] man's old—old-aged dream, the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order, or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism. And regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course.

Thanks, Tehon.
I wonder if any of the conservatives want to change their answers. :)

Thanks, Tehon.

Ronald Reagan's optimism about the Left being, whatever, human? has been dis-proven with the passage of time.

He was a great man. But he was wrong on this issue.

Left and right really matters.

Thanks, Tehon.

Ronald Reagan's optimism about the Left being, whatever, human? has been dis-proven with the passage of time.

He was saying that liberalism leads to totalitarianism. I agree with you though, he was wrong on this as he was wrong on most issues.

Thanks, Tehon.

Your perception seems warped. Not that what you believe is warped, but that you believe people who have another idea are less than human? That is not letting the sun shine in. That is not going to get us out of the morass we are currently in.

Thanks, Tehon.

Your perception seems warped. Not that what you believe is warped, but that you believe people who have another idea are less than human? That is not letting the sun shine in. That is not going to get us out of the morass we are currently in.

It is not their political positions that make them less than human, but their sociopathic behavior.

You made a really strong point about "listening" earlier.

I posted my opinion on the biggest single cause of "not listening".

You first made it about me personally, and then when I pointed out that that was not why I had brought it up,

you have not bothered to reply.

HOw much are you listening to me?

DId you seriously consider for one microsecond what I was saying?

Or is your mind completely closed?

Thanks, Tehon.

He was saying that liberalism leads to totalitarianism. I agree with you though, he was wrong on this as he was wrong on most issues.

How do you like those brownshirts in San Jose? Very liberal, wouldn't you say?

Thanks, Tehon.

What is it exactly that you are referring to?

Thanks, Tehon.

Sorry, I thought that was clear.

You said that Reagan was wrong on liberalism leading to totalitarianism.

So I pointed out that liberalism since Reagan's time has degenerated, or gone "down" to using Brown shirt tactics, in San Jose, ie using political violence in the streets to suppress the Freedom to Assemble of their enemies.

This is where, in order to disagree with me, you need to claim that those thugs are not representative of the Left and show the steps the democratic mayor took to clear the streets and protect the Trump supporters, and how Hillary has strongly rejected such tactics.

"You and I are told increasingly we have to choose between a left or right. Well I'd like to suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There's only an up or down"

Anyone have a problem with the above thoughts?
Yes both are false dichotomies

"You and I are told increasingly we have to choose between a left or right. Well I'd like to suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There's only an up or down"

You and I are told increasingly we have to choose between a left or right. Well I'd like to suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There's only an up or down"

You choose a candidate that best fits your needs. The middle class have only one choice, Democrats.

Mostly liberals and socons tell you that you have to choose between right and left. If you're not a liberal, liberals call you right. If you're not a socon, socons call you left.

The rest of the world is smarter than you, other then you two groups of morons, people overwhelmingly grasp that I'm neither

So I pointed out that liberalism since Reagan's time has degenerated, or gone "down" to using Brown shirt tactics, in San Jose, ie using political violence in the streets to suppress the Freedom to Assemble of their enemies.

This is where, in order to disagree with me, you need to claim that those thugs are not representative of the Left and show the steps the democratic mayor took to clear the streets and protect the Trump supporters, and how Hillary has strongly rejected such tactics.
But what if I don't disagree. People who suppress the right of others to speak are not espousing liberal principles. Where does that leave us in terms of liberalism leading to totalitarianism?

Left and right is better if she is on her side
up and down is better if she is on top

But what if I don't disagree. People who suppress the right of others to speak are not espousing liberal principles. Where does that leave us in terms of liberalism leading to totalitarianism?

Facing the fact that modern American "liberalism" has abandoned liberal principles.

And has since well before Reagan.

It leaves us in that the people who call themselves liberals aren't liberals, they are authoritarian leftists. Actual liberal philosophy is about recognizing the rights of others, the individual rights. The authoritarian leftist Democrat party is about removing our individual rights. What we call actual liberals now are libertarians, classic liberals. Calling a Democrat a liberal is an oxymoron

Facing the fact that modern American "liberalism" has abandoned liberal principles.

And has since well before Reagan.

Not entirely, but it does show the folly of trying to place labels on people. In this case, based on the actions of a few. Liberalism doesn't lead to totalitarianism.

Forum List

Back