🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Does Anyone Disagree with This?

You and I are told increasingly we have to choose between a left or right. Well I'd like to suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There's only an up or down"

Anyone have a problem with the above thoughts?

You choose a candidate that best fits your needs. The middle class have only one choice, Democrats.

The reasons that many middle class people disagree has been ENDLESSLY discussed.

Have you EVER listened to those reasons? Or just dismissed them and called them names?

The reasons that many middle class people disagree has been ENDLESSLY discussed.

Have you EVER listened to those reasons? Or just dismissed them and called them names?

I have. And more importantly, according to the middle class the two biggest problems facing them today are wages and the economy. The ONLY party addressing either or both are Democrats.

...according to a completely partisan democrat....what a fucking surprise.

...according to a completely partisan democrat....what a fucking surprise.

No rebuttal....

"Rebuttal"? To "only democrats have any answers to anything! Republicans are poopy-heads!"? If you want to be taken seriously, try being more than some mindless, partisan drone.

"Rebuttal"? To "only democrats have any answers to anything! Republicans are poopy-heads!"? If you want to be taken seriously, try being more than some mindless, partisan drone.

The two biggest problems facing the middle class today aren't wages and the economy?

"You and I are told increasingly we have to choose between a left or right. Well I'd like to suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There's only an up or down"

There is no up or down, that is merely an illusion.

"You and I are told increasingly we have to choose between a left or right. Well I'd like to suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There's only an up or down"

There is no up or down, that is merely an illusion.

You're missing the point, of course.

This is the issue of this election: Whether we believe in our capacity for self-government or whether we abandon the American revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capitol can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves.

You and I are told increasingly we have to choose between a left or right. Well I'd like to suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There's only an up or down—[up] man's old—old-aged dream, the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order, or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism. And regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course.

Thanks, Tehon.
I wonder if any of the conservatives want to change their answers. :)

Ronald Reagan's optimism about the Left being, whatever, human? has been dis-proven with the passage of time.

He was a great man. But he was wrong on this issue.

Left and right really matters.
Your perception seems warped. Not that what you believe is warped, but that you believe people who have another idea are less than human? That is not letting the sun shine in. That is not going to get us out of the morass we are currently in.

It is not their political positions that make them less than human, but their sociopathic behavior.

You made a really strong point about "listening" earlier.
I posted my opinion on the biggest single cause of "not listening".
You first made it about me personally, and then when I pointed out that that was not why I had brought it up,
you have not bothered to reply.
HOw much are you listening to me?
DId you seriously consider for one microsecond what I was saying?
Or is your mind completely closed?

A thumbs-up/thank you is not a reply?
I am listening, but when you open your response by calling the other side sociopaths, I wonder how much listening YOU are willing to do. This thread is doing much better discussing the OP's point than fussing over personal aspersions. Interpret my lack of further response as you will.

Missed or forgot about the thumbs up.

And try being personally, viciously attacked for false reasons for a couple of decades, and see how you respond.

You and I are told increasingly we have to choose between a left or right. Well I'd like to suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There's only an up or down"

You choose a candidate that best fits your needs. The middle class have only one choice, Democrats.

I have. And more importantly, according to the middle class the two biggest problems facing them today are wages and the economy. The ONLY party addressing either or both are Democrats.

So, you missed Trump's top two issues? IN the context of this thread, that shows bad listening on your part.

This is the issue of this election: Whether we believe in our capacity for self-government or whether we abandon the American revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capitol can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves.

You and I are told increasingly we have to choose between a left or right. Well I'd like to suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There's only an up or down—[up] man's old—old-aged dream, the ultimate in individual freedom consistent with law and order, or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism. And regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would trade our freedom for security have embarked on this downward course.

Thanks, Tehon.

Ronald Reagan's optimism about the Left being, whatever, human? has been dis-proven with the passage of time.

Funny thing was; When he was Governor of California, he signed the most significant consumer rights laws in the nation, which for the most part are still in effect. That, of course, was before the ideology change when Republicans were the 'left.'

THe REpublicans were NOT the Left at any time since WWII, at least.

YOu are probably using a definition of "Right" that loosely translates to "bad".

Who is telling us we must ‘choose’ between left or right, ‘increasingly’ or otherwise.

The issue is more the perception that one is ‘compelled’ to make a ‘choice’ rather than the options available.

Agree with the first part. Don't see the sense of the second part. Eclecticism prevents dualism.
Can you explain that a little more fully? It's been a long day.
For you yes. I prefer terse statements that require thought without slinging 'feces'.
There is agreement that the division into 'right' and 'left' is more than can be accepted. Dividing instead into another binary mode is a distinction without a difference, and, so, to be equally eschewed. Eclecticism, choosing what works, is to be preferred, and that, by definition, means being flexible and responsive, not decided and dead.
Is that better?
Correct.

Eclecticism, or pragmatism, is always the best course of action, rejecting political dogma and partisan bias, and instead implementing policies and measures based on facts, evidence, and what’s proven to work, selecting the best of what all political and economic doctrines have to offer.

Who is telling us we must ‘choose’ between left or right, ‘increasingly’ or otherwise.

The issue is more the perception that one is ‘compelled’ to make a ‘choice’ rather than the options available.

Hey! That not only made sense, but it actually was on topic.

GOOD JOB!

Our real options are limited. THe election has come down to Trump or Hillary.

I'm happy with Trump and HIllary is just more of the same.

The two biggest problems facing the middle class today aren't wages and the economy?

If you want to be taken seriously, try being more than some mindless, partisan drone.

If you want to be taken seriously, try being more than some mindless, partisan drone.

Answer the question: The two biggest problems facing the middle class today aren't wages and the economy?

Thanks, Tehon.

Funny thing was; When he was Governor of California, he signed the most significant consumer rights laws in the nation, which for the most part are still in effect. That, of course, was before the ideology change when Republicans were the 'left.'

YOu are probably using a definition of "Right" that loosely translates to "bad".

The best economy ever for the middle class was 1956 do to the Union supporting Republicans.

The 'left' supports people, the 'right' supports business and the rich.

The ideological shift between the two parties happened during the mid 60's.

GOOD JOB!

In your own words, what has Trump in plan to help the middle class with wages and the economy?

GOOD JOB!

In your own words, what has Trump in plan to help the middle class with wages and the economy?

Reducing the labor pool by deporting illegals, and limiting immigrant, especially work visas, will reduce supply and drive up price, ie wages.

ESPECIALLY in the context of Trade POlicy designed to bring back manufacturing jobs, which will be better paying jobs for the working and middle class AND additional jobs, ie demand for labor, also driving up wages.

Higher wages leads to increased consumer demand, and with more domestic production, some of that demand will put money BACK into the US economy.

Ta Da, a number of self reinforcing positive cycles.

GOOD JOB!

Reducing the labor pool by deporting illegals, and limiting immigrant, especially work visas, will reduce supply and drive up price, ie wages.

ESPECIALLY in the context of Trade POlicy designed to bring back manufacturing jobs, which will be better paying jobs for the working and middle class AND additional jobs, ie demand for labor, also driving up wages.

Higher wages leads to increased consumer demand, and with more domestic production, some of that demand will put money BACK into the US economy.

Ta Da, a number of self reinforcing positive cycles.

And employers will pay more for their employees. That's a fairy tale.

Says the person who quoted from a speech called "A Time for Choosing".

And?
Just saying.

Was there a point to asking the question without providing the context for the quote?

Forum List

Back