Does Florida’s “Don’t say Gay Bill” prohibit instruction on heterosexual couples?

Republicans were very cautious in crafting their bill

They saw how the court ruled when they tried to consider homosexual relationships as second class during the gay marriage debate

So they didn’t specifically identify homosexuals under “sexual orientation”
As such, the bill applies to all sexual orientations including heterosexual

Just stop talking to other peoples' little kids about sex. You can stop, right?

One could only argue that if one is a crappy parent. Either way, what kids are exposed to or not is up to the parents in the house. What goes on in schools is up to the state government. Because in both cases, those are the people in charge of those places.

What should be outlawed is fools like you trying to be "clever" when you manifestly aren't equipped for it.
Mindless MAGA Mush

The Bill states “Classroom instruction by school personnel or third parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age-appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards."

The bill does not specifically specify discussion about homosexuality.
So if a teacher reads a book about a family with a Mommy and a Daddy, isn’t that a discussion of their sexual orientation?

Is a book written about a little girl or a little boy identifying their gender identity?

According to the law, a school system can be sued if a teacher provides instruction about ANY sexual orientation …..Heterosexual, Homosexual or Transsexual

No, the book book on mommy and daddy is just fine. Same for mommy and mommy, and daddy and daddy. Whats not cool is discussing who is screwing who to kids who rang in age from 5 to 7. Pretty simple shit.

No, the book book on mommy and daddy is just fine. Same for mommy and mommy, and daddy and daddy. Whats not cool is discussing who is screwing who to kids who rang in age from 5 to 7. Pretty simple shit.
Of course nobody is actually teaching screwing to five year olds

But in the Conservative world of alternative reality, it is a crisis they have to fight

But in the Conservative world of alternative reality, it is a crisis they have to fight
They make up their little nightmares to scare voters. desantis is just a smaller version of TFG.

5 to 8 year olds need to worry about not finding cat shit in the sand box, not sexual identity. Its not a "conservative" or "Liberal" thing. Its a parent thing. Parents can have that talk with their kids. Its not up to publoc school teachers.

5 to 8 year olds need to worry about not finding cat shit in the sand box, not sexual identity. Its not a "conservative" or "Liberal" thing. Its a parent thing. Parents can have that talk with their kids. Its not up to publoc school teachers.
But those kids are coming into public schools

Not every kid will come from a traditional family. Some will have single parents, some may live with grandparents, some may have two mommies

Explaining that not every family is heterosexual is worthwhile

Moving away from more of the scene chewing rhetoric around the issue, what is it that opponents of the law object to?

To clarify, I think there are direct suit provisions against teachers which would make me seek employment elsewhere regardless of the cause, but beside that, what is the reasonable opposition to the bill?

Edit. I just read the March version of the bill. I do not see those direct suit provisions except against the district. So I don't actually what the issue is. This really is the language:
. Classroom instruction by school personnel or third
98 parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur
99 in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age100 appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in
It has requirements to provide information concerning whether or not a child may receive healthcare support services, with an opt out provision. As a former K-12 parent that appears appropriate.

There is a provision permitting a parent access to health or medical records, and these cannot be denied. Again that is not unusual, and its my understanding that a parent has the same rights to medical records outside of school.

It has a provision permitting suit of the school district. Thats not unusual.

Other than I see absolutely no need for the bill as no evidence has been presented of a need for it in Florida (or potentially now in Texas), I am not actually seeing the issue.

Last edited:
The Bill states “Classroom instruction by school personnel or third parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age-appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards."

The bill does not specifically specify discussion about homosexuality.
So if a teacher reads a book about a family with a Mommy and a Daddy, isn’t that a discussion of their sexual orientation?

Is a book written about a little girl or a little boy identifying their gender identity?

According to the law, a school system can be sued if a teacher provides instruction about ANY sexual orientation …..Heterosexual, Homosexual or Transsexual
You mean reading a book about a family where a mother and father biologically produce children identifies their identity? You are sick. You and BRANDON belong together

Moving away from more of the scene chewing rhetoric around the issue, what is it that opponents of the law object to?

To clarify, I think there are direct suit provisions against teachers which would make me seek employment elsewhere regardless of the cause, but beside that, what is the reasonable opposition to the bill?

Edit. I just read the March version of the bill. I do not see those direct suit provisions except against the district. So I don't actually what the issue is. This really is the language:

It has requirements to provide information concerning whether or not a child may receive healthcare support services, with an opt out provision. As a former K-12 parent that appears appropriate.

There is a provision permitting a parent access to health or medical records, and these cannot be denied. Again that is not unusual, and its my understanding that a parent has the same rights to medical records outside of school.

It has a provision permitting suit of the school district. Thats not unusual.

Other than I see absolutely no need for the bill as no evidence has been presented of a need for it in Florida (or potentially now in Texas), I am not actually seeing the issue.

Well, as someone who has worked in the medical administrative field for many years, I can assure you that a minor's legal guardian always has access to and control over the minor's medical records. It absolutely floored me to hear that any school anywhere might think that it could refuse a parent with legal custody of the child access to the child's records.

If you don't know what the need for the bill is, then you must have been living under a rock. There have been stories about this available in the news - although I realize the mainstream media has suppressed it in their own feeds - for some time now.

Or you can just visit "Libs of TikTok" and view all sorts of videos of actual teachers proudly talking about it.

Well, as someone who has worked in the medical administrative field for many years, I can assure you that a minor's legal guardian always has access to and control over the minor's medical records. It absolutely floored me to hear that any school anywhere might think that it could refuse a parent with legal custody of the child access to the child's records.

If you don't know what the need for the bill is, then you must have been living under a rock. There have been stories about this available in the news - although I realize the mainstream media has suppressed it in their own feeds - for some time now.

Or you can just visit "Libs of TikTok" and view all sorts of videos of actual teachers proudly talking about it.

Yes but none of those stories are from Florida. Again I don't see the issue with either the legislation itself or need for it. It reads a harmless showboating.

Yes but none of those stories are from Florida. Again I don't see the issue with either the legislation itself or need for it. It reads a harmless showboating.

Are you really going to try to go with, "You didn't cite stories SPECIFICALLY from Florida, so that means it's happening everywhere else, but not there!"?

Not only are there vast numbers of other examples - which I am NOT going to spoonfeed to you; I suggest you get off your lazy ass and research the subject you've presumed to bloviate on - but simply the fact that it IS widespread in other places would be enough for Florida to want to head it off in their state.

Once again, let me reiterate that I'm not remotely impressed with your, "I haven't bothered to read up and find out what's going on, and I assume the fact that I haven't seen what I've ignored means it doesn't exist."

Forum List

Back