Does how you dress affect how you're treated?

Particularly the NECK tattoo...what are they thinking? :cuckoo:

neck tattoo removal is painful.

May require more than just a plastic surgeon.

Sunshine, you want to venture on the topic? ;)

Fads come and fads go. Some of those fads entail things that many people regret. I know when I was a girl, ALL the guys who went away to war had tats. Not so much anyone else. You couldn't pay me to get a tat, but I know a lot of women who have them. I think some have already regretted theirs, and others soon will. There is money to be made in tat removal.

That what I was talking about :D

If one abuses drugs or alcohol or is a criminal, one will be surrounded by those who abuse drugs or alcohol or criminals. One will become sick and poor. People will steal from you. This is how it is.

Tats and piercings will not make one a druggie or an alkie or a criminal, but they are associated with an unhealthy lifestyle and crime.

I had to tell a patient once that his chances of finding a job would be greatly enhanced if he would change his hair color from green to a color that actually grows out of the human head.

:lmao:

If one abuses drugs or alcohol or is a criminal, one will be surrounded by those who abuse drugs or alcohol or criminals. One will become sick and poor. People will steal from you. This is how it is.

Tats and piercings will not make one a druggie or an alkie or a criminal, but they are associated with an unhealthy lifestyle and crime.

I had to tell a patient once that his chances of finding a job would be greatly enhanced if he would change his hair color from green to a color that actually grows out of the human head.

you would be surprised how many actually genuinely do not realize that IS a problem.

Probably the same percentage as stupid girls who dress like whores, act like whores and after being raped can't understand WHY.
The common sense and rules of appropriate conduct haven't been taught to at least 2 generations now.

No girl is responsible for her own rape.

However, putting self in danger from others who don't know that is stupid.

you would be surprised how many actually genuinely do not realize that IS a problem.

Probably the same percentage as stupid girls who dress like whores, act like whores and after being raped can't understand WHY.
The common sense and rules of appropriate conduct haven't been taught to at least 2 generations now.

I would be very slow to say it is ever a girl's fault, actually I would say it is never a girl's fault. Just because men are more visually oriented, does not give them any pass when a girl decides to dress like that.

I am very cynical when it comes to women claiming they were raped. I have know three girls who have cried rape, and one guy who was accused by some slut who just didn't want her boyfriend to think she cheated.
I think women are raped every day, but I think women cry "rape" just as much. And they ruin it did actually victims.

don't skew it your leftist way. the question of responsibility is irrelevant.

If a girl does not want to be raped she would act and dress appropriately.
Being raped is harmful. One wants to avoid that. Mothers ( and fathers) used to teach their daughters how to prevent being viewed as a potential aim.

I am very cynical when it comes to women claiming they were raped. I have know three girls who have cried rape, and one guy who was accused by some slut who just didn't want her boyfriend to think she cheated.
I think women are raped every day, but I think women cry "rape" just as much. And they ruin it did actually victims.

could not agree more.

But if a girl wants to avoid unnecessary advances ( even if that is not rape) she should know some basic rules as well.
It is self-defense.

I would be very slow to say it is ever a girl's fault, actually I would say it is never a girl's fault. Just because men are more visually oriented, does not give them any pass when a girl decides to dress like that.

repeating - whose fault is that is irrelevant.

One wants to decrease the chances of being harmed in any way.

Not dressing like a slut and not acting like one increases the chances of being viewed as NOT a potential aim for an easy sex.

Being raped is harmful. One wants to avoid that. Mothers ( and fathers) used to teach their daughters how to prevent being viewed as a potential aim.

Don't ever think we will let your reactionary socon traditionalist or others' leftist values govern, Vox, ever. The only cultural slut here is you.

Girls should be smart, but they are not ever responsible for rape.

don't skew it your leftist way. the question of responsibility is irrelevant.

Don't ever think we will let your reactionary socon traditionalist or others' leftist values govern, Vox, ever. The only cultural slut here is you.

Girls should be smart, but they are not ever responsible for rape.

oh, go fuck yourself, moron.

the thread is "how does the way you dress affect how you are being treated".

if you want your daughter to be raped go ahead and recommend her to dress like a whore and act like one and guarantee her - it does not matter, one should not judge you by the way you look and act and you won't be held responsible for that.
She won't be blamed in a trial and everybody will be sorry for her.
But she still would be raped.
And the main reason would be her moronic father who won't teach her basic common sense rules.

Last edited:
EVERYONE is judged by how they dress...it's just one aspect of appearance.

Given the cultural obsession with looking thin, having perfect teeth, perfect hair, it's not at all surprising that clothing is part of the equation.

I certainly notice that I am treated differently when wearing an expensive suit as compared to jeans and a t-shirt.

Tell me about it.

I can nary get a look from women when I'm wearing my usual t-shirt and $5 pair of sweat shorts from Wal-Mart.

But when I'm dressed professionally in a suit at work, WHOA! I've got to beat them off with a stick!

images

Jerry Rivers hates thugs wearing hoodies.
I'm an old White guy but I do own a hooded sweatshirt which I haven't had occasion to wear yet, but will if a weather occasion arises. So while there are exceptions, as a rule the "hoodie" is most commonly worn by young Black males.

Returning to the example I offered of pegged pants in the fifties, everyone who wore them was not a "hood." But a group of young White males wearing tightly pegged pants with high-rises did project an intimidating impression -- especially in the gang-oriented South Brooklyn (Waterfront) neighborhood where I was raised.

A person does not have the right to touch you even if you are sitting there naked. But this thread isn't about rape. It is about yet another whiney black person who wants to hang out with whites but doesn't want to put forth the effort to dress and behave the way whites dress and behave. Just another whine, and one most of us are tired of. Not only does not dressing and acting appropriately get you kicked to the curb where I live, whining about getting kicked to the curb does to. If she wants to be accepted then she has to accept the social mores where she is.

Same shit different pot.

Last edited:
You manner of dress will dictate how your are received, perceived and respected in accordance with the ceremony, circumstance and setting for which your are dressed. A top hat and tails will not do well when the the reason for your presence is good old fashioned hard work nor will overalls do at a wedding unless the invitation dictates that is appropriate. It ain't about color, religion or politics; it is about style and self respect.

(as my avatar clearly demonstrates)

We had a drug rep who dressed pretty much in top hat and tails every call and he was top salesman in his company. :D

You manner of dress will dictate how your are received, perceived and respected in accordance with the ceremony, circumstance and setting for which your are dressed. A top hat and tails will not do well when the the reason for your presence is good old fashioned hard work nor will overalls do at a wedding unless the invitation dictates that is appropriate. It ain't about color, religion or politics; it is about style and self respect.

We had a drug rep who dressed pretty much in top hat and tails every call and he was top salesman in his company. :D

I like clothes, fashion and dressing well. Fedoras for cooler weather and panama hats for warmer weather. I just enjoy it and it translated well for business.

A person does not have the right to touch you even if you are sitting there naked.

having the right and what actually happens are two totally different universes.

Trayvon Martin did not have the right to touch George Zimmerman as well

'

Terrible discrimination occurs everyday based on clothing.

That is why nudism should be mandatory.

Most particularly, all people running for office or in office should be required to be nude at all public appearances.

I like clothes, fashion and dressing well. Fedoras for cooler weather and panama hats for warmer weather. I just enjoy it and it translated well for business.

KY was hit VERY hard by the Great Depression. Somehow in all that, it became a measure of status to have nice clothes which were current and stylish. I love looking at the old pics of my folks back in the 20s and 30s. They looked sensational, and so did my brother and sister who are older. I also know that my mother sacrificed a lot for her family. She sewed most of the clothes the children wore, an they were always nice, but when my brother and sister were small in the 30s she didn't always eat so they could. So, pics from that era are misleading. Clothes here are still a big status symbol. The public won't see your house, and maybe not your car, but they will see what you wear anytime you go out. If you are a sloppy dresser, you won't be in the 'in' crowd. I used to work with a clerk who would say, 'That person's mother didn't care enough about him/her to teach him/her how to dress.

I have several hats that I like to wear too. I pick them up usually when I travel. They aren't something I shop for, but they just present themselves to me.

I personally have to have pretty things around me. I am a visual person. My house has to be furnished nicely, pretty lights, etc. My late husband was drop dead gorgeous.

Last edited:
'

Terrible discrimination occurs everyday based on clothing.

That is why nudism should be mandatory.

Most particularly, all people running for office or in office should be required to be nude at all public appearances.

then everyone will move south to 29th northern latitude :D

Forum List

Back