Does how you dress affect how you're treated?

Someone asked me before I retired what I would do different in health care now, if I could do it all over. My answer: Tattoo removal

Nothing worse than seeing the position of the boobs of the girl in your tattoo at 50.

you would be surprised how many actually genuinely do not realize that IS a problem.

Probably the same percentage as stupid girls who dress like whores, act like whores and after being raped can't understand WHY.
The common sense and rules of appropriate conduct haven't been taught to at least 2 generations now.

I would be very slow to say it is ever a girl's fault, actually I would say it is never a girl's fault. Just because men are more visually oriented, does not give them any pass when a girl decides to dress like that.

repeating - whose fault is that is irrelevant.

One wants to decrease the chances of being harmed in any way.

Not dressing like a slut and not acting like one increases the chances of being viewed as NOT a potential aim for an easy sex.

Wow...fucking really?
Someone VERY close to me was raped at 15 wearing a fucking black Metallica concert tee, jeans and black cowboy boots...hardly what a "slut" would wear.
You POS asshole, what do you know about rape? Please...tell us your personal story of either yourself or someone close to you that has been raped, that makes you such a fucking expert knowing WHY a girl/woman gets raped based on the clothes she wore.

I spent my time in monkey suits and I hated every minute of it.

Now I do not own a suit. Will not own a suit.

I usually dress in work clothes. Carhartt's mostly.

I don't give a shit what people think of my wardrobe and I don't have to.

I would be very slow to say it is ever a girl's fault, actually I would say it is never a girl's fault. Just because men are more visually oriented, does not give them any pass when a girl decides to dress like that.

Not dressing like a slut and not acting like one increases the chances of being viewed as NOT a potential aim for an easy sex.

Wow...fucking really?
Someone VERY close to me was raped at 15 wearing a fucking black Metallica concert tee, jeans and black cowboy boots...hardly what a "slut" would wear.
You POS asshole, what do you know about rape? Please...tell us your personal story of either yourself or someone close to you that has been raped, that makes you such a fucking expert knowing WHY a girl/woman gets raped based on the clothes she wore.

f*ck off idiot and join fakey

You are judged by how you dress. There is nothing wrong with that either. If you care, others care in response.

of course you are. but some hypocritical idiots aka starkey and demons pretend not to understand that

Last edited:

Wow...fucking really?

Just as I suspected..you have NOTHING but your sick and twisted judgements.

YOU fuck off...moron.

Wow...fucking really?

YOU fuck off...moron.

go f*ck yourself, idiot. there is nothing to study to know that the way you dress and act is the way you are judged. to assume that if a girl does dress as a slut and acts as a slut that she is not going to be judged as a slut and therefore increasing her risks to be harmed, including rape is an evidence of moronic hypocrite, or a woman hater.

Or BOTH.

YOU fuck off...moron.

go f*ck yourself, idiot. there is nothing to study to know that the way you dress and act is the way you are judged. to assume that if a girl does dress as a slut and acts as a slut that she is not going to be judged as a slut and therefore increasing her risks to be harmed, including rape is an evidence of moronic hypocrite, or a woman hater.

Or BOTH.

AGAIN...what do you PERSONALLY KNOW about rape? Can you answer that?

YOU fuck off...moron.

Or BOTH.

personally I know the statistics of rape incidence and prtevalence and the statistisc of psych consequences of rape.
That is enough.

Or BOTH.

personally I know the statistics of rape incidence and prtevalence and the statistisc of psych consequences of rape.
That is enough.

Statistics??? Why don't you dig those up and post those 'statistics' for us...please...show the board just what it is YOU KNOW about rape based on these 'statistics'........and, make sure those 'statistics' are from a legit source.

You are judged by how you dress. There is nothing wrong with that either. If you care, others care in response.

The obligation of the beholder to be civilized is not mitigated by how another person dress.

Vox has revealed his vile personality, with the characteristics associated with far right reactionary human hemorrhoids.

What an asshole.

Last edited:

Wow...fucking really?

Vox, you truly are an idiot, are you not?

When I was in grad school, I worked for a few months in an art gallery.

The sales reps told a story about a dirty bum with a brown paper bag they had kicked out of the gallery a few months before I started. He ended up going to a gallery down the street and spending $100,000 on some art; he was carrying his cash in the paper bag.

One can use one's outfits as a disguise...quite useful at times.
When I go in on weekends to get some work done, I dress similar to what the street bums wear. They think I am one and do not solicit.

I do prejudge the punks with their belt lines below their butt cheeks....so that they have to spread their legs apart while walking to keep their pants from falling. I don't understand why someone would want to copy a fad that started in prison...unless it's a signal that they're ready to be humped.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AudGd7-QkN8]How many weapons can you carry wearing baggy pants.! Garrett.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

Let's be careful out there!

When I was in grad school, I worked for a few months in an art gallery.

The sales reps told a story about a dirty bum with a brown paper bag they had kicked out of the gallery a few months before I started. He ended up going to a gallery down the street and spending $100,000 on some art; he was carrying his cash in the paper bag.

One can use one's outfits as a disguise...quite useful at times.

When I worked at the front door of a state hospital doing assessments, I saw many a street person come in with more money in a pillowcase than I had in my bank account.
I saw many a veteran come into the VA psychotic and grandiose blathering about having $200,000 in the bank, but when the social worker checked he wouldn't have $200,000 in the bank he would have $800,000 in the bank. There are lots of exceptions, and yes, one can be fooled by appearances, but the general rule still applies when it comes to how people dress, how clean they are, etc. You will not be accepted in social circles where I live if you dress like a slob. If the woman wants her daughter accepted she needs to get off her lazy ass, clean her up, and dress her well.

What you are wearing is not as important as is what you are wearing is clean and tidy.

What is important is how you present yourself... do you speak english or gangsta ghettoneese? Do you walk with confidence or are you shifty?

The ONLY thing sales people are nice to is the color of your credit card

That's not the case everywhere. I recall back in 2011, I was VERY sick when I went to my primary care doctor's office. He sent me to the ER. The nurse was mean to me, the doctor blew me off. I worked for the government so my face sheet said something about 'government insurance.' I had bathed, washed my hair but not styled it. Too sick, just pulled it back in a pony tail. I had on very clean, albeit unmatching sweat pants and sweat top. I'm sure I made more than both of them. My primary care doctor got me in with a cardiologist and a pulmonologist and I was told at that time I had only a few months to live. But to the hospital where I went, I was nothing but a welfare case. I got the records, and had planned to go talk to the CEO about it, but as of yet have not done so. Just as long as I never have to go there again, it will be copacetic.

Wow...fucking really?

Rapists don't choose their victims based on the clothes they wear, they choose their victims based on behavior, body language and a perception of vulnerability. It is not at all unusual to find women that have been raped multiple times over a period of many years, by different rapists. They can change their clothes, they can't change themselves or their behavior.

OH my, all this reminds me of when we were just out of law school, one of my friends who did sit for the bar and practiced was struggling. Her boyfriend told her she had 'a little image problem' She asked me and reluctantly I told her he did have a point. She came to visit, and I showed her my gold jewelry I wore when I worked, and suggested she might want a better car than the little hatchback with the side mirror torn off. Also suggested she invest in some designer things like shoes and purse. And maybe 3 expensive business suits, one to wear, one to hang in the closet, and one to go to the cleaners.

When she looked around at the other lady lawyers in town she saw of what we spoke
She did all that I advised, traded the hatchback for a Mercedes that she got for a song at CarMax. Recession was in full swing, so luxury cars were really cheap. She bought a nice diamond ring at a pawn shop, and some gold earrings. She bought suits from Dun and Bradstreet, some nice shoes and a $400 Brahmin purse that would go with all of them. All that made a world of difference in her business.

In the world of business and law, you don't dress for the job you have. You dress for the job you WANT to have. It is pretty much the same in social circles.

Wow...fucking really?

Rapists don't choose their victims based on the clothes they wear, they choose their victims based on behavior, body language and a perception of vulnerability. It is not at all unusual to find women that have been raped multiple times over a period of many years, by different rapists. They can change their clothes, they can't change themselves or their behavior.

Correct. They choose women who seem unsure of themselves and who look unlikely to fight back. They also look for women with long hair because they can grab the long hair and you have a harder time getting away. When I find myself in places I am most Uncomfortable, I tuck my purse under my arm, hold myself erect and walk in a very confident manner.

Forum List

Back