Does Israel really belong to the Jews?

Stop it with the fairy tales.

You're praying to cows and you want me to stop believing in fairy tales? Look. I believe in the Creator of Heaven and Earth. God Almighty. In the day of trouble you call on your god and I'll call on my God and we'll see which one answers. Until then? Hold onto that thought!

* Reality check

The City of David is historical fact. Look it up and while you are at it review the story of how the city got its name. Quite a wonderful story!

You mean Gath of the Philistines, before the Jews invaded the first time?

David purchased it...Samuel 24:24.
But that requires being literate.
Legal transactions suck!

God gave it to the Jews. It's as simple as that.

Only in their written book and then its still iffy. He gave all the lands to King Cyrus as well.

The Jewish Bible was wrote by men and is their view of God. Indians probably thought God gave them the USA , but found out differently.

Aren't you Christian btw?

She pretends to be, but she's only as 'Christian' as 'Christian Identity' or the 'Aryan Nation'.......

You're praying to cows and you want me to stop believing in fairy tales? Look. I believe in the Creator of Heaven and Earth. God Almighty. In the day of trouble you call on your god and I'll call on my God and we'll see which one answers. Until then? Hold onto that thought!

* Reality check

The City of David is historical fact. Look it up and while you are at it review the story of how the city got its name. Quite a wonderful story!

Wrong name. Try again. I believe in second chances!

* Reality check

It was called Jebus, the Jebusites held it until King Davids men conquered and took it.

http://biblehub.com/judges/19-10.htm
King James Bible
But the man would not tarry that night, but he rose up and departed, and came over against Jebus, which is Jerusalem; and there were with him two asses saddled, his concubine also was with him.

Read up on the story here:
1 Chronicles 11:7 David then took up residence in the fortress, and so it was called the City of David.

Context

6Now the king and his men went to Jerusalem against the Jebusites, the inhabitants of the land, and they said to David, "You shall not come in here, but the blind and lame will turn you away"; thinking, "David cannot enter here." 7Nevertheless, David captured the stronghold of Zion, that is the city of David. 8David said on that day, "Whoever would strike the Jebusites, let him reach the lame and the blind, who are hated by David's soul, through the water tunnel." Therefore they say, "The blind or the lame shall not come into the house."…

Cross References

2 Samuel 5:8
On that day David had said, "Anyone who conquers the Jebusites will have to use the water shaft to reach those 'lame and blind' who are David's enemies." That is why they say, "The 'blind and lame' will not enter the palace."

2 Samuel 5:9
David then took up residence in the fortress and called it the City of David. He built up the area around it, from the terraces inward.

2 Samuel 6:12
Now King David was told, "The LORD has blessed the household of Obed-Edom and everything he has, because of the ark of God." So David went to bring up the ark of God from the house of Obed-Edom to the City of David with rejoicing.

2 Samuel 6:16
As the ark of the LORD was entering the City of David, Michal daughter of Saul watched from a window. And when she saw King David leaping and dancing before the LORD, she despised him in her heart.

1 Kings 2:10
Then David rested with his ancestors and was buried in the City of David.

1 Kings 8:1
Then King Solomon summoned into his presence at Jerusalem the elders of Israel, all the heads of the tribes and the chiefs of the Israelite families, to bring up the ark of the LORD's covenant from Zion, the City of David.

1 Kings 9:24
After Pharaoh's daughter had come up from the City of David to the palace Solomon had built for her, he constructed the terraces.

Last edited:
I am not a Middle East scholar. I dabble and have interest. My thoughts are that the British gave a small portion of "Palestine" to the Jews because they were tired of the Irgun terrorizing them. Now legitimized, they, we, penalize the Palestinians because they use terror to attempt to gain freedom. We should all abhor terrorism.

Why does the US support Israel so adamantly? I completely agree that we need a strong ally in the Middle East. But should we look the other way while our ally continuously, with our UN veto protection, defies resolutions regarding their actions and occupation? For biblical reasons? Is the political state of Israel the "great nation" of Abraham? And does the Christian faith support occupation and blockade of a people?

I love Jews. I love Arabs. I love blacks, whites, Mexicans etc. But I'm growing weary of the one sided heavy handed treatment of the poor souls, who are not all terrorists, in Palestine.

Thoughts...
A lot of people like you including my-self have much ambivalence in this conflict, and so do many Jews I personally know...On one hand the Holocaust bore home the message to fearful Jews and Zionism seemed like a life and death necessary to have a Jewish safe-haven, of course that meant that the Palestinian who lived on that land would have to accept the Western Political Fiat or move on...

That was an injustice, and it still goes on, daily...

SHOOTING OVER 2000 ROCKETS INTO TINY ISRAEL THE LAST TWO WEEKS HAS A HIGH PRICE!!!HUH?? War is hell!!!!

Attempting to break out of the control of a foreign power that controls one's land borders, air space and territorial sea, is a right of people under siege. A blockade is an act of war.

How does firing rockets into civilian targets accomplish that goal?

That man is a fool who says to himself, “There is no God!” Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.Psalm 14:1===Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. and you????

I am God.

YES!!! WHAT NATION ON EARTH WOULD ALLOW OVER 2000 ROCKETS TO BE FIRED INTO THEIR NATION IN TWO WEEKS TIME and not strike back???? YET MANY WANT TO CONDEMN TINY ISRAEL.

YES!!! WHAT NATION ON EARTH WOULD ALLOW OVER 2000 ROCKETS TO BE FIRED INTO THEIR NATION IN TWO WEEKS TIME and not strike back???? YET MANY WANT TO CONDEMN TINY ISRAEL.

What nation would drop leaflets first and give fair warning ahead of time for everyone to leave? What other nation has ever done that? Only Israel! Only Israel!

GOD'S DEED TO THE LAND GIVEN TO THE JEWISH PEOPLE===And I will bring back the captives of My people of Israel, and they shall build the wasted cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.

15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them,” saith the Lord thy God.
AMOS 9:14-15==“Thus saith the Lord of hosts: ‘Behold, I will save My people from the east country and from the west country;

8 and I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. And they shall be My people and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.’
ZACH. 8:7-8==LORD= Thou hast given them this land which Thou didst swear to their fathers to give them, a land flowing with milk and honey. jer.32:22

God gave it to the Jews. It's as simple as that.

Show me the deed signed by your god!

Allow me the pleasure, Dilloduck!

IT IS WRITTEN:

Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.

Exodus 32:13

I am not a Middle East scholar. I dabble and have interest. My thoughts are that the British gave a small portion of "Palestine" to the Jews because they were tired of the Irgun terrorizing them. Now legitimized, they, we, penalize the Palestinians because they use terror to attempt to gain freedom. We should all abhor terrorism.

Why does the US support Israel so adamantly? I completely agree that we need a strong ally in the Middle East. But should we look the other way while our ally continuously, with our UN veto protection, defies resolutions regarding their actions and occupation? For biblical reasons? Is the political state of Israel the "great nation" of Abraham? And does the Christian faith support occupation and blockade of a people?

I love Jews. I love Arabs. I love blacks, whites, Mexicans etc. But I'm growing weary of the one sided heavy handed treatment of the poor souls, who are not all terrorists, in Palestine.

Thoughts...

Your bolded words above are so inaccurate as to be a complete lie. Even Wiki could give you a better account of the situation.

As to your titular "question" - Yes, Israel belongs to the Israelis, to the Jewish People.

The fact is, the UN - not the US or the UK - voted to partition the Mandate in '22 (creating 'Jordan') and again in '47. The Israelis accepted their portion of the Mandate, the Palestinians rejected theirs - and five Arab armies invaded Israel to eradicate the nascent State.

Before the Partition vote, the 'Arab League' had already met and agreed to beggar and eject en masse their Jewish citizens - by coordinating their ethnic cleansing and land theft, they figured that those just about one million Jews would ALL wind up 'dumped' into Israel, an overnight increase of 25% - all beggars.

You might want to look at some of those 'resolutions' to see how just or fair they truly are. And yes, we should support our allies - which Israel is.

The US is in no sense founded upon nor dependent on the Christian (nor any other!) faith: our government should be doing NOTHING based upon Christian belief because we are a secular republic.

As to what the Christian (or Jewish or Muslim or Hindu or....) faith supports - that is up to each one's views and conscience.

The blockade is legal, and as for the purported 'occupation' of Gaza - HAMAS says it's not occupied. Israel has the right, in fact the duty, to do what they feel is necessary to protect their civilians from the attacks by HAMAS, PIJ, Fatah, and whatever other jihadis.

I must tell you, based on the language coming from previous posters here who've claimed like you that 'I love everyone' - I'm quite underwhelmed by the love those posters have demonstrated for anyone who doesn't blame Israel for absolutely everything.

* Reality check

It was called Jebus, the Jebusites held it until King Davids men conquered and took it.

Judges 19:10 But, unwilling to stay another night, the man left and went toward Jebus (that is, Jerusalem), with his two saddled donkeys and his concubine.
King James Bible
But the man would not tarry that night, but he rose up and departed, and came over against Jebus, which is Jerusalem; and there were with him two asses saddled, his concubine also was with him.

1 Chronicles 11:7 David then took up residence in the fortress, and so it was called the City of David.

Context

6Now the king and his men went to Jerusalem against the Jebusites, the inhabitants of the land, and they said to David, "You shall not come in here, but the blind and lame will turn you away"; thinking, "David cannot enter here." 7Nevertheless, David captured the stronghold of Zion, that is the city of David. 8David said on that day, "Whoever would strike the Jebusites, let him reach the lame and the blind, who are hated by David's soul, through the water tunnel." Therefore they say, "The blind or the lame shall not come into the house."…

Cross References

On that day David had said, "Anyone who conquers the Jebusites will have to use the water shaft to reach those 'lame and blind' who are David's enemies." That is why they say, "The 'blind and lame' will not enter the palace."

David then took up residence in the fortress and called it the City of David. He built up the area around it, from the terraces inward.

Now King David was told, "The LORD has blessed the household of Obed-Edom and everything he has, because of the ark of God." So David went to bring up the ark of God from the house of Obed-Edom to the City of David with rejoicing.

As the ark of the LORD was entering the City of David, Michal daughter of Saul watched from a window. And when she saw King David leaping and dancing before the LORD, she despised him in her heart.

Then King Solomon summoned into his presence at Jerusalem the elders of Israel, all the heads of the tribes and the chiefs of the Israelite families, to bring up the ark of the LORD's covenant from Zion, the City of David.

After Pharaoh's daughter had come up from the City of David to the palace Solomon had built for her, he constructed the terraces.

Listening to you is like listening to David Koresh and then rest of the bible thumpers brandishing scriptures and braying like donkeys to a modern world well beyond the reach of your intellect...Really even the intelligent Zionists must be snickering at this hocus pokus...

Judges 19:10 But, unwilling to stay another night, the man left and went toward Jebus (that is, Jerusalem), with his two saddled donkeys and his concubine.
King James Bible

Context

Cross References

Listening to you is like listening to David Koresh and then rest of the bible thumpers brandishing scriptures and braying like donkeys to a modern world well beyond the reach of your intellect...Really even the intelligent Zionists must be snickering at this hocus pokus...

Lucifer couldn't stand against the Word of God either. So this reply of yours does not surprise me in the least.

As one Philosopher wisely noted, "When the debate is lost?" Slander becomes the tool of the loser!

There is no consolation prize for you, Pbel.

Last edited:

King James Bible

Truth is not slander!

Context

Cross References

Lucifer couldn't stand against the Word of God either. So this reply of yours does not surprise me in the least.

As one Philosopher wisely noted, "When the debate is lost?" Slander becomes the tool of the loser!

There is no consolation prize for you, Pbel.

Truth is not slander! Now go thump!

You have yet to speak truth. When might we expect that to begin, Pbel? Any idea?

* Truth is the Word of God!

Last edited:
It is written:

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

- Romans 3: 4

Forum List

Back