CDZ Does John Kerry deserve a Nobel Peace Prize?

To our conservative members

Would you support a Nobel Prize if it turns out all your fears were unfounded and it brings stabilization to the region?

No, he doesn't deserve a Nobel Prize. It's a weak treaty at best and a future nuclear war in the Middle East at worst. Does any intelligent human being on the planet actually think Iran will honor any agreement when they have been lying and cheating their way to nuclear weapons capability for a decade now?

Without actually seeing it, how do you know it is weak?

Conservatives screamed about the Carter peace treaty brokered between Egypt and Israel and yet, it is still in effect to this day. In fact, it is the ONLY ME peace treaty that has held, even as the Muslim brotherhood took over Egypt.

Food for thought.
Because Kerry (the traitor) negotiated it and Obama is obviously anti-Israel. Do you honestly think Iran will give up their goal of developing nuclear weapons?

He deserves one about as much as Obama did. What they have done is given Iran the go ahead to destroy Israel. Let's watch this peace unfold like we watched their interference in Egypt unfold, in Syria unfold. The gullibility of Americans is remarkable. If we have learned anything by Obama's foreign policies is that we have learned nothing........

The problem with that kind of posturing is that you have no idea what is actually in the agreement, and it's not just about Pres. Obama. What part of "7 nations are in on this agreement" do you not understand?

I understood it when North Korea made the same deal, and I understand it now. We were gullible enough to believe it then, and here we go again.......

No, he doesn't deserve a Nobel Prize. It's a weak treaty at best and a future nuclear war in the Middle East at worst. Does any intelligent human being on the planet actually think Iran will honor any agreement when they have been lying and cheating their way to nuclear weapons capability for a decade now?

What do they have to gain by not honoring it?

What do they stand to gain by having economic sanctions lifted?
Nuclear weapons!

Here's a piece of information from the developing WAPO article on this:

Obama announces outlines of a nuclear deal If Iran cheats the world will know - The Washington Post

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani tweeted just before 1 p.m. ET, "Solutions on key parameters of Iran #nuclear case reached. Drafting to start immediately, to finish by June 30th."

This is remarkable information because Iran is noted for being pretty tight-lipped about everything. This also means that a specific date for the end-product has been set.

Conservatives screamed about the Carter peace treaty brokered between Egypt and Israel and yet, it is still in effect to this day. In fact, it is the ONLY ME peace treaty that has held, even as the Muslim brotherhood took over Egypt.

Food for thought.
Because Kerry (the traitor) negotiated it and Obama is obviously anti-Israel. Do you honestly think Iran will give up their goal of developing nuclear weapons?

I return for lifting economic sanctions, why wouldn't they?

In effect, they get paid for NOT doing something

U.S. Iran reach historic nuclear framework agreement

Through his hard work and tough negotiations, John Kerry has just made the whole world safer

They should give him one right after they give the prize to Nevil Chamberlin. He was pretty excited about his worthless deal as well.

I wouldnt celebrate anything on paper with the Iranians, they are Liars and will continue to try and dominate when they can The Iranians also deny that anyone in their country is homosexual. It doesnt exist. look what they have recently done to their own young people who tried to rise up. No, i would celebrate nothing. Whats the Nobel Prize worth these days? Might as well give Kerry the prize from a cracker jack box.

Nuclear weapons!

What is stopping them from getting nuclear weapons right now?

The Kerry Plan provides a path away from developing weapons, what does your path lead to other than further destabilization in the region?

U.S. Iran reach historic nuclear framework agreement

Through his hard work and tough negotiations, John Kerry has just made the whole world safer

They should give him one right after they give the prize to Nevil Chamberlin. He was pretty excited about his worthless deal as well.

I wouldnt celebrate anything on paper with the Iranians, they are Liars and will continue to try and dominate when they can The Iranians also deny that anyone in their country is homosexual. It doesnt exist. look what they have recently done to their own young people who tried to rise up. No, i would celebrate nothing. Whats the Nobel Prize worth these days? Might as well give Kerry the prize from a cracker jack box.

I'm sorry

But that really doesn't make much sense

He deserves one about as much as Obama did. What they have done is given Iran the go ahead to destroy Israel. Let's watch this peace unfold like we watched their interference in Egypt unfold, in Syria unfold. The gullibility of Americans is remarkable. If we have learned anything by Obama's foreign policies is that we have learned nothing........

The problem with that kind of posturing is that you have no idea what is actually in the agreement, and it's not just about Pres. Obama. What part of "7 nations are in on this agreement" do you not understand?

I understood it when North Korea made the same deal, and I understand it now. We were gullible enough to believe it then, and here we go again.......

No. North Korea did not make the same deal. You are aware of this, right?

Food for thought.

Do you really think they're motivated by money?

Nuclear weapons!

The Kerry Plan provides a path away from developing weapons, what does your path lead to other than further destabilization in the region?
Certainly not our president.

Food for thought.

Yes

They have alot of oil they want to sell

Nuclear weapons!

Certainly not our president.

What specific path would you like us to take rather than this international treaty?

I am not sure anyone deserves a peace prize for this and I do think that we should wait and see what happens.

An agreement to extend time in order to make a final agreement is hardly reason to uncork the champagne.

That being said, most people are unaware that these negotiations have been going on for ten years, spanning the second half of President Bush's (43's) tenure as president and, until now, all of Pres. Obama's tenure. These talks have involved a number of countries, not just the USA and Iran.

But even if a deal is reached, we need to wait many years to see if it is actually going to be honored on all sides.

I am not too hopeful, knowing what a bad track record Iran has, but I think it is fair to say that Pres. Obama is giving it his best shot, in spite of lots of treachery within the US Senate (Republicans).

OH MY GOD!!
A reasonable response from someone.
This needs to be written down somewhere...
Of course you had to throw in some rhetorical statement before finishing the post - but damn - an honest, intelligent response... I am truly shocked.
I fully expected a circle jerk celebration thread to break out. That would be the usual response.

Are you aware that we are in the CDZ? Are you aware of the rules of the CDZ?

I wasn't aware that giving someone a compliment was against CDZ rules???
I said...you made a reasonable response...intelligent response..I am truly surprised.

Oh, thank you for the compliment part of it.

I recommend that we stay focused on the topic of the OP itself.

What I think would be good would be to see the actual complete framework, with specifics, when it comes out.

But the OP topic is not a serious one. I mean the topic itself, not the post.
It goes without saying that it is premature to start a victory dance before anything even happens. And when details come out, all of the indications so far is that it is basically "okay Iran, we will remove sanctions as soon as possible - now don't you make any weapons grade uranium..mmmkay?? Promise? Please?? And when we want to look and see if you are, don't hide anything or not let us look where we want - or we will be upset..mmmkay???
Trusting Iran is like trusting the devil himself.

Food for thought.

Yes

They have alot of oil they want to sell
They're already selling it.

President Obama called the deal an "historic understanding" that was "a long time coming."

Speaking in the White House Rose Garden, he said it "shuts down" Iran's path to a bomb using enriched uranium.

"This deal was not based on trust," the president said. "It was based on unprecedented verification."

If and when a final agreement is reached, he said, "It will make our country, our allies and our world safer."

Why wasn't this part of the article quoted?

But the OP topic is not a serious one. I mean the topic itself, not the post.
It goes without saying that it is premature to start a victory dance before anything even happens. And when details come out, all of the indications so far is that it is basically "okay Iran, we will remove sanctions as soon as possible - now don't you make any weapons grade uranium..mmmkay?? Promise? Please?? And when we want to look and see if you are, don't hide anything or not let us look where we want - or we will be upset..mmmkay???
Trusting Iran is like trusting the devil himself.

Ok, now we are getting somewhere.

If you feel that way, then there is a way to voice it in the CDZ that actually fosters debate.

You could have written:

"I feel like this is not a serious topic for debate, because" ____________,

and then write your reasons.

I am not disagreeing with you that trusting Iran is a lot like trusting the devil. But even the time that has been invested in these 10 long years of negotiations has set Iran back - and that is to our advantage. Even the Mossad made it clear that Iran is no where close to a nuclear weapon.

And as a secondary thought, I still think it would be good for us to see EXACTLY what is in the agreement before getting all umbraged up.

President Obama called the deal an "historic understanding" that was "a long time coming."

Speaking in the White House Rose Garden, he said it "shuts down" Iran's path to a bomb using enriched uranium.

"This deal was not based on trust," the president said. "It was based on unprecedented verification."

If and when a final agreement is reached, he said, "It will make our country, our allies and our world safer."

Why wasn't this part of the article quoted?

What exactly do you mean?

Forum List

Back