Does mathematics exist?

More precisely, scientists are made to believe that they use "mathematical methods"

So you are saying that scientists believe they are using mathematical methods, but they are not? That is absolutely ridiculous. If they use mathematical methods, they would certainly know it. You simply want to pretend they do not to maintain your ridiculous contention that mathematics does not exist.

So you are saying that scientists believe they are using mathematical methods, but they are not? That is absolutely ridiculous. If they use mathematical methods, they would certainly know it. You simply want to pretend they do not to maintain your ridiculous contention that mathematics does not exist.

Since there is no definition of mathematics, there is no mathematics, so there are no mathematical methods.

No I won't argue with kaku, let kaku just fuck off

Your Asperger's Syndrome is showing.

Grammatically correct, sufficient vocabulary, somewhat appropriate knowledge ...
But the utter inability to make the proper connects and correlations in what you think.

If the scientists are using algebra, geometry, or trig in their research, they are using mathematical methods.

The poster is incapable of making that connection because they don't accept or distinguish the cues in appropriate correlation.
You might as well be speaking in a foreign language.

It's not an understanding or intelligence problem ...
To them, what they think supersedes what you are trying to express in all manners.

Your Asperger's Syndrome is showing.

Grammatically correct, sufficient vocabulary, somewhat appropriate knowledge ...
But the utter inability to make the proper connects and correlations in what you think.

This is actually a kind of autism, its milder form. This is just a mathematical algorithmic mindset, a good memory and a built-in calculator in the head, right?

I definitely don't suffer from it. lol

If the scientists are using algebra, geometry, or trig in their research, they are using mathematical methods.
Yes, it's all now fashionable to call "mathematical". Haven't they invented math eggs yet?

This is actually a kind of autism, its milder form. This is just a mathematical algorithmic mindset, a good memory and a built-in calculator in the head, right?

I definitely don't suffer from it. lol

My point is that it really doesn't have anything to do with anything other than what you think ... To you.
I know you know what you think ... And you are incapable of being corrected at any cost.

My point is that it really doesn't have anything to do with anything other than what you think ... To you.
I know you know what you think ... And you are incapable of being corrected at any cost.
You want to "fix" me by making me autistic? I would prefer schizophrenia.

Yes, it's all now fashionable to call "mathematical". Haven't they invented math eggs yet?

WTF? Math eggs? What are you talking about?

And no, it is not about "fashionable". It is about using mathematical concepts that are very old. Most algebra, geometry and trig concepts are ancient.

WTF? Math eggs? What are you talking about?

And no, it is not about "fashionable". It is about using mathematical concepts that are very old. Most algebra, geometry and trig concepts are ancient.
When were they generalized into the concept of "mathematics" and according to what specific criteria was this done?

You want to "fix" me by making me autistic? I would prefer schizophrenia.

At what point did you get the silly idea I was offering to fix you?
I thought I made it pretty clear that you cannot be fixed.

You understand what you think ... You are convinced you are correct ...
And there is nothing I can say that would convince you otherwise.

When were they generalized into the concept of "mathematics" and according to what specific criteria was this done?

The entire discipline is mathematics. And that includes various subsets, such as geometry, which is used to describe and measure shapes, from simple circles to more complex ones.

So what the fuck was the "math eggs" thing about?

Descartes defined mathematics as the science of order and measure.

In itself, this specification is doubtful. But even if it is accepted, it does not correspond to the pretensions of modern mathematicians.

Wrong. Mathematics exists. Just because something is a man-made construct does not mean it doesn't exist.

According to Merriam-Webster dictionary:
"the science of numbers and their operations, interrelations, combinations, generalizations, and abstractions and of space configurations and their structure, measurement, transformations, and generalizations"

It's all an illusion!

henningdoug.jpeg

Forum List

Back