Time is a measure of expansion of the universe. So yes. Even Trump knows this. Don’t you think you should get in line?
When did time begin then
~14 billion years ago when space and time were created from nothing.
That's funny, what branch of physics details how something can come from nothing.

It's pure psychobabble
It’s called inflation theory and it is the leading cosmological model, dumbass.
Theory is not reality, you can not see the difference, since everything in physics is provable, inflation theory is not physics
You are truly an idiot.

Yes, it actually is physics. The first clue should have been quantum tunneling event and conservation laws.

Well, that is neither here nor there, is it?
Mary please do not pick on ding, his 85 IQ is already severely strained
Do you mind if I ask what you do for a living?
Stock picker, you wanna see my apples
Don’t quit your day job.
Hell that funds my 401k and Roth IRA.....

Silly
I’ve been a practicing engineer for over 30 years.

The things you have posted in this thread tell me that you don’t have a clue about any of this.

When did time begin then
That's funny, what branch of physics details how something can come from nothing.

It's pure psychobabble
Theory is not reality, you can not see the difference, since everything in physics is provable, inflation theory is not physics
You are truly an idiot.

Yes, it actually is physics. The first clue should have been quantum tunneling event and conservation laws.

Ok, tell us now how nothing created everything by exploding? What exploded?

Don’t quit your day job.

Silly

The things you have posted in this thread tell me that you don’t have a clue about any of this.
I know as much about where the universe came from as you and every theoretical physicist alive or dead

Exactly as much

It's pure psychobabble
You are truly an idiot.

Ok, tell us now how nothing created everything by exploding? What exploded?
I didn’t say nothing created it I said it was created from nothing.

In a closed universe the gravitational energy which is always negative exactly compensates the positive energy of matter. So the energy of a closed universe is always zero. So nothing prevents this universe from being spontaneously created. Because the net energy is always zero. The positive energy of matter is balanced by the negative energy of the gravity of that matter which is the space time curvature of that matter. There is no conservation law that prevents the formation of such a universe. In quantum mechanics if something is not forbidden by conservation laws, then it necessarily happens with some non-zero probability. So a closed universe can spontaneously appear - through the laws of quantum mechanics - out of nothing. And in fact there is an elegant mathematical description which describes this process and shows that a tiny closed universe having very high energy can spontaneously pop into existence and immediately start to expand and cool. In this description, the same laws that describe the evolution of the universe also describe the appearance of the universe which means that the laws were in place before the universe itself.

Well, that is neither here nor there, is it?
I do mind, but thank you for asking. Do you mind if I ask you WHAT that has to do with this?
He is just wanking himself off, humor him
I’m not a fan of trolls. I do not suffer fools.
But yet you argue the about the existence of god. Oookay. Or did I miss something? You want to talk all sciency? If God is real, well, its damn hard to prove it. Well, Electrons, and all that science stuff makes this board function. I pray, but God like to make itself indistinguishable from background random occurrences. Rolling the bones.

Don’t quit your day job.

Silly

I know as much about where the universe came from as you and every theoretical physicist alive or dead

Exactly as much
Based on that statement I am surprised you believe anything can be known about anything.

I do mind, but thank you for asking. Do you mind if I ask you WHAT that has to do with this?
But yet you argue the about the existence of god. Oookay. Or did I miss something? You want to talk all sentiency? if God is real, well, its damn hard to prove it. Well, Electrons, and all that science stuff makes this board function. I pray, but God like to make itself indistinguishable from background random occurrences. Rolling the bones.
I have not gotten within 100 miles of God, but you sure are itching to talk about God.

But yet you argue the about the existence of god. Oookay. Or did I miss something? You want to talk all sentiency? if God is real, well, its damn hard to prove it. Well, Electrons, and all that science stuff makes this board function. I pray, but God like to make itself indistinguishable from background random occurrences. Rolling the bones.
I have not gotten within 100 miles of God, but you sure are itching to talk about God.
You lost me somewhere. Let's hit the restart button. What is your point?

Red shift tells us the universe is expanding.

Cosmic background radiation confirms the prediction that the so-called "big bang" (i.e. the initial expansion of the universe) would leave behind a radiation signature.

Friedmann's solutions to Einstein's field equations predicts that the universe would occupy the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of a single atom.

Inflation theory explains observations that no other model address (flatness problem, magnetic-monopole problem, horizon problem).

Inflation theory explains how matter and energy had a beginning and avoid the thermal equilibrium problem from the SLoT that an infinite acting universe cannot avoid.

Trying to validate god's existence. Obviously trying to validate that. If someone has a engineering degree, Brilliant. Kudos. But you don't exactly understand the universe, you can build a bridge or a dam. But they fail too. Like your logic.

Trying to validate god's existence. Obviously trying to validate that. If someone has a engineering degree, Brilliant. Kudos. But you don't exactly understand the universe, you can build a bridge or a dam. But they fail too. Like your logic.
GOD validates HIS own existence. The Bible begins: In the beginning GOD... There is no explanation.

Last edited:
It's not my logic sweetheart, it is the leading cosmological model that explains the formation of the universe. You aren't arguing with me. You are arguing with the leading physicists. World renowned physicists such as Stephen Hawking, Alan Guth and Alexander Vilenkin.

when some asks abou
It's not my logic sweetheart, it is the leading cosmological model that explains the formation of the universe. You aren't arguing with me. You are arguing with the leading physicists. World renowned physicists such as Stephen Hawking, Alan Guth and Alexander Vilenkin.
I think we are talking past each other here. Name dropping and all that side. Religion is about the metaphysical, science is about the hard facts we deal with. Where the universe came from is not a scientific issue. You know that. Chicken or the egg. it is great fun debating it. There is no answer. Life goes on. We live, we die.

Does the creation of space and time qualify as a miracle?

Approximately 14 billion years ago all of the matter and energy in the universe popped into existence out of nothing and occupied the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of a single atom and then began to expand and cool.
A miracle implies there is a god. A watchmaker. A act of god. if my dog poos, is that a miracle? The Devine watchmaker argument all over again. So who made the watchmaker, and on and on. Well the universe isn't anything like a watch. And if there is a god, it sure likes to hide beneath ambiguities. I still pray to whomever, as a weak human being humbled by the universe .

when some asks abou
I think we are talking past each other here. Name dropping and all that side. Religion is about the metaphysical, science is about the hard facts we deal with. Where the universe came from is not a scientific issue. You know that. Chicken or the egg. it is great fun debating it. There is no answer. Life goes on. We live, we die.
That does usually happen when you are involved in conversations.

Where the universe came from is not a scientific issue. You know that. Chicken or the egg. it is great fun debating it. There is no answer.
It is 100% a scientific issue and there is an answer.

When did time begin then

It's pure psychobabble

Doesn't inflation deal with what happened after the Big Bang, rather then before?
Inflation is the quantum tunneling event where all the matter and energy in the universe was created. Then the universe began to expand and cool. The phrase Big Bang is the initial expansion.

But no, not after. Before. Inflation is a very short lived event. Not to be confused with the expansion of the universe.

Well, some further reading shows that the timing is often presented in a contradictory fashion; some places show inflation as immediately after the Big Bang, some immediately prior. In neither case, however, do I see anything indicating that inflation shows matter and energy being created. From my reading of the concept, it is about the extremely rapid expansion of the universe either immediately after or immediately before the BB, not about how the energy that was expanding came into being. I could well be missing things, however; do you have any links I might go to where it explains how inflation describes the creation of the energy of the universe?

It's pure psychobabble

Doesn't inflation deal with what happened after the Big Bang, rather then before?
Inflation is the quantum tunneling event where all the matter and energy in the universe was created. Then the universe began to expand and cool. The phrase Big Bang is the initial expansion.

But no, not after. Before. Inflation is a very short lived event. Not to be confused with the expansion of the universe.

Well, some further reading shows that the timing is often presented in a contradictory fashion; some places show inflation as immediately after the Big Bang, some immediately prior. In neither case, however, do I see anything indicating that inflation shows matter and energy being created. From my reading of the concept, it is about the extremely rapid expansion of the universe either immediately after or immediately before the BB, not about how the energy that was expanding came into being. I could well be missing things, however; do you have any links I might go to where it explains how inflation describes the creation of the energy of the universe?
You want sad, colleges are still teaching that DNA mutations are the driving force behind evolution that happen gradually over time, yet the mouse and the cherry blossom experiment proves that major changes can happen in one generation and that there is a cognitive link between the mind and the gonads. This rewrites every book ever printed and tosses Darwin to the curb, and brings into suspect that mutations are in fact random. So we do not understand what we are, but we are to understand where everything came from....Nope so there is no link to that

Forum List

Back