Does the God of the Bible exist?

• Yes.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • No.

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe there's some Supreme Being I don't know but I'm sure the God of the bible doesn't exist.
It's made up because it's too anthropomorphic :)

Just think for a minute what that 1/10 of each family's crops amounted to way back then. The whole God thing was devised by con men like Joseph Smith and they got rich from it while people who gave 10% of everything did the best they could. Just look at some of the fruits:

IMG_0191.jpg

Lincoln_Cathedral_01_crop.jpg

Upart2.jpg

This proves that either God exists and he wants us to be Mormon or Joseph Smith is the most talented con man ever to be born.

Maybe there's some Supreme Being I don't know but I'm sure the God of the bible doesn't exist.
It's made up because it's too anthropomorphic :)

Just think for a minute what that 1/10 of each family's crops amounted to way back then. The whole God thing was devised by con men like Joseph Smith and they got rich from it while people who gave 10% of everything did the best they could. Just look at some of the fruits:

IMG_0191.jpg

Lincoln_Cathedral_01_crop.jpg

Upart2.jpg

This proves that either God exists and he wants us to be Mormon or Joseph Smith is the most talented con man ever to be born.

Smith had already served time for a con.........I'll go with that:

The Arrest Records of Joseph Smith from 1826 to 1830 are Rediscovered and Given to the Mormon Church.
�Joseph Smith's Arrest Record Surfaces In New York�� excerpt:

�``It is not a small thing. These are important papers to a major religion,'' she said. ``It's a piece of the historical puzzle that was missing for nearly 35 years.'' �

� The documents include arrest warrants, court transcripts and legal bills from four separate charges filed against Smith. Storms said the cases involved Smith's involvement in glass looking, or treasure seeking, and being a disorderly person. �

�One of the documents includes a bill from then-South Bainbridge Justice Albert Neely to the county for services rendered. Included in the bill is a $2.68 charge for fees in examining the case of ``Joseph Smith, the glass looker.''

This is from an article Sep. 16th, 2005.Source:http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story

There is no known way for you to know that that is what Moses or anyone else experienced.

Not true. If a sailor in ancient times reported seeing a sea monster and subjectively described it in great detail to the people of the land, they would not know what he really saw unless of course they headed out to sea and saw the same thing. Then they would know exactly what was seen even if the many conflicting descriptions of sea monsters remained unintelligible to everyone else.

How can you rule out some other god? Or fairies? Or aliens? Or time travelers? Or time-travelling aliens?

Some other God? There is no other God but God. Of course time traveling aliens communicating with ancient people is a possibility, but then, if that is true, our belief in a supreme being comes from what they already know to be the truth as a more highly advanced and intelligent species.

And what about mental illness? You should ask me how I could possibly know that it wasn't just mental illness.

Last edited:
There is no known way for you to know that that is what Moses or anyone else experienced.

Not true. If a sailor in ancient times reported seeing a sea monster and subjectively described it in great detail to the people of the land, they would not know what he really saw unless of course they headed out to sea and saw the same thing. Then they would know exactly what was seen even if the many conflicting descriptions of sea monsters were unintelligible to everyone else.
Ok. Where did Moses record that what he saw was only in his mind and super-imposed

How can you rule out some other god? Or fairies? Or aliens? Or time travelers? Or time-travelling aliens?

Some other God? There is no other God but God.[/quote]
That's a Christian/Muslim idea. Nothing in the Tanakh claims there is only one god. And on what basis do you claim there is only one?

Of course time traveling aliens communicating with ancient people is a possibility, but then, if that is true, our belief in a supreme being comes from what they already know as a more highly advanced and intelligent species.
Why do you think that? You're assuming honesty.

And what about mental illness? You should ask me how I could possibly know that it wasn't mental illness.
I don't care. I'm assuming, for the sake of argument, that Moses was sane and actually experienced something. Even given that, your claims cannot be supported.

I don't care. I'm assuming, for the sake of argument, that Moses was sane and actually experienced something. Even given that, your claims cannot be supported.

Not true.

Moses left a way for people to know whether a person has received a prophecy or teaching from the same God that appeared to him or not, a way to find out with certainty whether they are honest and sane, outright deceptive, or just mentally ill.

You have no way of knowing this but my claims have already been thoroughly vetted decades ago, and then verified, supported and confirmed - in a very big way - in full view of skeptics; believers and unbelievers alike..

Last edited:

Not true.

Moses left a way for people to know whether a person has received a prophecy or teaching from the same God that appeared to him or not, a way to find out with certainty whether they are honest and sane, outright deceptive, or just mentally ill.
Oh? Which way is that? I don't recall anything in the Bible that would qualify.

You have no way of knowing this but my claims have already been thoroughly vetted decades ago, and then verified, supported and confirmed - in a very big way - in full view of skeptics; believers and unbelievers alike..
And how could I confirm this?

If you are not sure then answer the way in which you lean closest. If you are 50.00000000001% sure that God exist but only 49.9999999999% that he doesn't then click, "Yes."

If you are 50.00000000001% sure that God doesn't exist but only 49.9999999999% that he does exist then click, "No."

It is a yes or no question but there is always room for you to explain your answer.

No. The God of the Bible does not exist. In fact the bible is only the latest compilation of the old testament stories about floods and famines and such. The first such that we are aware of would be the Sumerian/Akkadian creation stories. If you really want a more credible version of events you will want to read the works of Zecheria Sitchin.

Not true.

Deuteronomy 18:21,22

I could tell you what I was specifically given to present to the Jews and Gentiles who were investigating, 20 years before the fact, to act as proof from God that he had appeared and spoken to me, face to face. I could tell you what actually happened exactly 20 years later, and then you could examine supporting documentation, file footage, and or question eye witnesses who were there and heard with their own ears what was predicted and saw with their own eyes what was absurd and laughable at the time fulfilled exactly as foretold. Then you can tell me whether its bullshit or not to my face.

But this is neither the time or place and you would first have to convince me that you have the security clearance.

Last edited:

Not true.

that is exactly my point....you have given us no way to see whether or not what you say comes to pass because you refuse to say.

I could tell you what I was specifically given to present to the Jews and Gentiles who were investigating, 20 years before the fact, to act as proof from God that he had appeared and spoken to me, face to face.
I didn't actually ask for that. I simply asked what you are saying is going to happen in November.
I could tell you what actually happened exactly 20 years later, and then you could examine supporting documentation, file footage, and or question eye witnesses who were there and heard with their own ears what was predicted and saw with their own eyes what was absurd and laughable at the time fulfilled exactly as foretold. Then you can tell me whether its bullshit or not to my face.
Why don't you then?

[quote[But this is neither the time or place and you would first have to convince me that you have the security clearance.[/QUOTE]
It is the time and the place, and unless you plan on meeting in a SCIF, security clearance is irrelevant.

Not true.

that is exactly my point....you have given us no way to see whether or not what you say comes to pass because you refuse to say.

I could tell you what I was specifically given to present to the Jews and Gentiles who were investigating, 20 years before the fact, to act as proof from God that he had appeared and spoken to me, face to face.
I didn't actually ask for that. I simply asked what you are saying is going to happen in November.
I could tell you what actually happened exactly 20 years later, and then you could examine supporting documentation, file footage, and or question eye witnesses who were there and heard with their own ears what was predicted and saw with their own eyes what was absurd and laughable at the time fulfilled exactly as foretold. Then you can tell me whether its bullshit or not to my face.
Why don't you then?

[quote[But this is neither the time or place and you would first have to convince me that you have the security clearance.
It is the time and the place, and unless you plan on meeting in a SCIF, security clearance is irrelevant.[/QUOTE]

No, I have no need to prove to you anything that has already been proven long ago.. Aside from that security clearance does matter. You don't know what you are doing or what you are asking.

A dingbat wouldn't like anything prophesied to them coming true. I'm doing you a favor by not putting on a show. I have fire from the sky at my disposal.

If you want to confirm what I have said, you already know the way.

Last edited:
No, I have no need to prove to you anything that has already been proven long ago..
I'm not asking you to prove anything. I'm asking what you claim has been proven.

Aside from that security clearance does matter. You don't know what you are doing or what you are asking.
I'm asking you to explain what you're talking about and what you are claiming will happen in November. And unless you have access to a SCIF, security clearance doesn't matter because you couldn't tell me anyway.

A dingbat wouldn't like anything prophesied to them coming true.

If you want to confirm what I have said, you already know the way.
Nope, I don't. You have been entirely unclear.

I'm not asking you to prove anything. I'm asking what you claim has been proven.

Yes,and I told you that I could tell you if you were first vetted. How do I know that you are not just another asshole especially when you are acting like one?

I'm asking you to explain what you're talking about and what you are claiming will happen in November. And unless you have access to a SCIF, security clearance doesn't matter because you couldn't tell me anyway.

First you say that you are not asking me to prove anything then you ask me about whats going to happen in november... uh huh...

Nope, I don't. You have been entirely unclear

Thats a shame.....

Yes,and I told you that I could tell you if you were first vetted. How do I know that you are not just another asshole especially when you are acting like one?
You posted on a public message board that there will be three days of darkness. You can't exactly claim you can't talk about it in public.

And no you said nothing about vetting. But ok, let's play that game. PM me your secure number and I'll call you, which I couldn't do without a clearance.

First you say that you are not asking me to prove anything then you ask me about whats going to happen in november... uh huh...[/quote]
Right. I'm not asking for proof. I'm asking what you say will happen. I can then determine for myself the truth.

Nope, I don't. You have been entirely unclear

Thats a shame.....[/QUOTE]
It is.

You posted on a public message board that there will be three days of darkness. You can't exactly claim you can't talk about it in public.
You must have me confused with someone else...

Perhaps you should take a nap. Lack of sleep has been shown to cause decreased neural function.

Perhaps you should take a nap. Lack of sleep has been shown to cause decreased neural function.
You're right. I was confusing you with someone else claiming prophecy. I think your avatars are similar.

You (hobelim) posted on a public message board that there will be three days of darkness.

in November as stated ... could that begin on Nov. 8th, the republicans will blow up the planet if H wins the election - sore losers for sure.

hob, are you a republican ....

You're right. I was confusing you with someone else claiming prophecy. I think your avatars are similar.

I thought so. Oh well, nobody's perfect. Your sins are forgiven.

After you've had a chance to reboot, if there's still anything you want to talk about, you might want to adjust your approach.

Last edited:
No. We don't know what came before the big bang so it is possible that an intelligence played a part. But even if it were true there's a creator, I don't see any signs that creator is still taking an active role in our affairs.

Would you know what signs to look for? Do you know the difference between the living and the dead? If you don't know that, how could you possibly know if the Christian dead were being raised to life by Divine decree and ascending bodily into heaven right in front of your eyes as Jesus emerges from the clouds that have obscured him from sight for the past several thousand years?
Ok, starting again. Life is defined as "the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally." (the definition of life) and the dead are those that were once living but are no longer.

If you're using an alternate, metaphorical, or allegorical definition, then you need to explain what that is.
If people were raised to life and ascended bodily to Heaven in front of my eyes,,,I would know it.

No. We don't know what came before the big bang so it is possible that an intelligence played a part. But even if it were true there's a creator, I don't see any signs that creator is still taking an active role in our affairs.

Would you know what signs to look for? Do you know the difference between the living and the dead? If you don't know that, how could you possibly know if the Christian dead were being raised to life by Divine decree and ascending bodily into heaven right in front of your eyes as Jesus emerges from the clouds that have obscured him from sight for the past several thousand years?
Ok, starting again. Life is defined as "the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally." (the definition of life) and the dead are those that were once living but are no longer.

If you're using an alternate, metaphorical, or allegorical definition, then you need to explain what that is.
If people were raised to life and ascended bodily to Heaven in front of my eyes,,,I would know it.

I though that I already made it clear that I was speaking metaphorically when I mentioned that religious fundamentalist wackos being restored to a rational and sober mind amounts to the dead coming out of their graves.

Have you not noticed the many millions of people leaving the religion of their birth in droves like the dead coming out of their tombs and reaching out for life by rejecting irrational beliefs, degrading practices, and the false teaching that a mind in a state of cognitive dissonance is having a mystical religious experience after enduring decades of torment and suffering related to battling every rational thought they ever had because they had been misled to believe that some disembodied malicious entity is trying to possess their soul effectively rendering them either insane, paralyzed, crippled, blind, or dead.

Haven't you noticed the many people who perpetuate such chaos in the mind and in the world falling spectacularly from their lofty positions every time they reach for the sky while degenerating into lower and lower forms of life in full view of everyone?

The low are being raised up and the high are being laid low; angels ascending and descending Jacobs ladder.

Same as it ever was.....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back