Does the God of the Bible exist?

• Yes.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • No.

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely not. The God of the Bible is a totalitarian, vengeful, aggressive and violent asshole.
But how does that make it not real? Why can't a god be totalitarian, vengeful, aggressive, violent, or an asshole?

A mind that could set into motion all that we can survey through the Hubble telescope is no dunce.
I didn't say anything about intelligence.

The Triumph of Good vs Evil is the determining factor for what persists in the Everlasting, the message from the Almighty - extracted from that publication from the more fluid spoken religion - goals have to be accomplished to reach the pursuing levels.

purity is the requirement, the correct pursuit and conclusion.

The god of the bible likes roasting people in hell, and also doubles as Santa Claus.

No. We don't know what came before the big bang so it is possible that an intelligence played a part. But even if it were true there's a creator, I don't see any signs that creator is still taking an active role in our affairs.

Would you know what signs to look for? Do you know the difference between the living and the dead? If you don't know that, how could you possibly know if the Christian dead were being raised to life by Divine decree and ascending bodily into heaven right in front of your eyes as Jesus emerges from the clouds that have obscured him from sight for the past several thousand years?
In all my life I have NEVER encountered anything that I deemed to be supernatural. All those things you mentioned may have occurred but until I have a reason to believe I'll maintain my skepticism about all things supernatural and continue to believe that no one knows more about the subject than I do (which is of course nothing).

I am not talking about anything supernatural unless you would consider right wing religious fundamentalist gibbering wackos being restored to a sober and rational mind a miracle that amounts to the dead coming out of their graves.

No. We don't know what came before the big bang so it is possible that an intelligence played a part. But even if it were true there's a creator, I don't see any signs that creator is still taking an active role in our affairs.

Would you know what signs to look for? Do you know the difference between the living and the dead? If you don't know that, how could you possibly know if the Christian dead were being raised to life by Divine decree and ascending bodily into heaven right in front of your eyes as Jesus emerges from the clouds that have obscured him from sight for the past several thousand years?
In all my life I have NEVER encountered anything that I deemed to be supernatural. All those things you mentioned may have occurred but until I have a reason to believe I'll maintain my skepticism about all things supernatural and continue to believe that no one knows more about the subject than I do (which is of course nothing).

I am not talking about anything supernatural unless you would consider right wing religious fundamentalist gibbering wackos being restored to a sober and rational mind a miracle that amounts to the dead coming out of their graves.
I must have been mistaken. What are the 'signs' you spoke of?

The signs that God is intimately involved in human affairs? As I said , the dead rising out of their graves, coming to life, and ascending bodily into the kingdom of heaven while others who set aside the laws of God continue to die the death while slowly descending into the cacophony of the pit, kicking and screaming.

for your entire life, in fact for thousands of years, all of this has been happening right here on earth in full view of believers and unbelievers alike.

And, whatever you believe or don't believe, if you don't know the difference between the living and the dead you will see nothing even if the risen dead were standing all around, right in front of you, watching..

Last edited:

The signs that God is intimately involved in human affairs? As I said , the dead rising out of their graves, coming to life, and ascending bodily into the kingdom of heaven while others who set aside the laws of God continue to die the death while slowly descending into the cacophony of the pit, kicking and screaming.

for your entire life, in fact for thousands of years, all of this has been happening right here on earth in full view of believers and unbelievers alike.

And, whatever you believe or don't believe, if you don't know the difference between the living and the dead you will see nothing even if the risen dead were standing all around, right in front of you, watching..
You say you are not talking about the supernatural but then you talk about the dead rising out of their graves, coming to life, and ascending bodily into the kingdom of heaven. Sounds to me like you don't know the difference between the natural and the supernatural world. On the other hand, if these are metaphors you are being too cryptic to be clear.

If you are not sure then answer the way in which you lean closest. If you are 50.00000000001% sure that God exist but only 49.9999999999% that he doesn't then click, "Yes."

If you are 50.00000000001% sure that God doesn't exist but only 49.9999999999% that he does exist then click, "No."

It is a yes or no question but there is always room for you to explain your answer.

The God of the Bible exists. I do have my doubts concerning your existence however.

Simply prove that God exists!! Nobody ever has!!!!!!!

You say you are not talking about the supernatural but then you talk about the dead rising out of their graves, coming to life, and ascending bodily into the kingdom of heaven. Sounds to me like you don't know the difference between the natural and the supernatural world. On the other hand, if these are metaphors you are being too cryptic to be clear.

Yes, I imagine that its quite the dilemma. Either I don't know the difference between the natural and the supernatural world or what I am talking about remains above your grasp..

Its a difficult choice to make in the valley of decision..

However shameful it may be, most people prefer to conclude that the flaw is within me. Its seems to be much easier for them to live with that than to think that they have failed to comprehend something. Especially something obvious. I get it, its embarrassing, and they lack the moral substance, honesty, and humility to do the right thing.

Most people feel powerless to do anything about the clouds in the sky much less the thick clouds that come rolling in from the sea that obscure the quality of perception in their own heads.

Try to see through the clouds, see whats there, see what no one else can see who is ruled by fear or insecurity or conformity.

The truth, the very truth, is that nothing that I said is too deep or too high or too mysterious for anyone with the intelligence that God gave an average elementary school child to understand.

The least you can do is try.

Last edited:

If you are not sure then answer the way in which you lean closest. If you are 50.00000000001% sure that God exist but only 49.9999999999% that he doesn't then click, "Yes."

If you are 50.00000000001% sure that God doesn't exist but only 49.9999999999% that he does exist then click, "No."

It is a yes or no question but there is always room for you to explain your answer.

The God of the Bible exists. I do have my doubts concerning your existence however.

Simply prove that God exists!! Nobody ever has!!!!!!!

Prove that you exist. It's not my OP.

“Does the God of the Bible exist?”

Of course not.

There is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists.

Religion and ‘god’ are creations of man, the bible was written by men – all imbued with man’s ignorance, fear, and hate, all devoid of secular merit and authority.

Humans need to believe, so yes it exist...
As a human contrivance, not as an actual ‘deity.’

‘God’ exist as an invention of man, a component of religion, as a metaphor for the collective goodness of humankind, or a philosophical desire to improve the human condition.

But there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists – there is no omnipotent extraterrestrial deity that hears prayers, intercedes on the behalf of mortals, or issues edicts of religious dogma which must be obeyed, lest transgressors suffer some ‘post-mortem punishment.’

Religion and ‘god’ are the consequence of man being aware of his own mortality, of his fear of death, and coming to terms with the fact that death is inevitable.

Absolutely not. The God of the Bible is a totalitarian, vengeful, aggressive and violent asshole. It's very much a man-made God, and therefore, complete bullshit. The real, true God would want nothing to do with the God in the bible, and would be totally antithetical to his actions.

Sorry Christians, you worship a false God. Period.

--- said the bold tiny little ant to the scientist viewing him under a microscope.

"There are none so blind as those who refuse to see."
The blindness exists only among arrogant theists convinced that they’re ‘right’ and everyone else is ‘wrong.’

Absolutely not. The God of the Bible is a totalitarian, vengeful, aggressive and violent asshole.
But how does that make it not real? Why can't a god be totalitarian, vengeful, aggressive, violent, or an asshole?
Because an actual, perfect omnipotent deity would possess none of those failings.
Who said a god has to be perfect? The Abrahamic god isn't claimed to be perfect or omnipotent or not vengeful etc in the Old Testament. Christianity started adding to the character.

Yes, I imagine that its quite the dilemma. Either I don't know the difference between the natural and the supernatural world or what I am talking about remains above your grasp..

Its a difficult choice to make in the valley of decision..

However shameful it may be, most people prefer to conclude that the flaw is within me. Its seems to be much easier for them to live with that than to think that they have failed to comprehend something. Especially something obvious. I get it, its embarrassing, and they lack the moral substance, honesty, and humility to do the right thing.

Most people feel powerless to do anything about the clouds in the sky much less the thick clouds that come rolling in from the sea that obscure the quality of perception in their own heads.

Try to see through the clouds, see whats there, see what no one else can see who is ruled by fear or insecurity or conformity.

The truth, the very truth, is that nothing that I said is too deep or too high or too mysterious for anyone with the intelligence that God gave an average elementary school child to understand.

The least you can do is try.

So far the only thing you've convinced me of is that you are incredibly arrogant. You seem to think you know something the rest of us poor simpletons do not. I can't tell if you were told this secret knowledge or discovered it on your own but either way, I sincerely doubt it is anything more than a mirage. You certainly have trouble putting it into understandable words but, as you say, least you can do is try. So far I see no such effort being made, in fact you seem to enjoy obfuscation.

Because an actual, perfect omnipotent deity would possess none of those failings.
Who said a god has to be perfect? The Abrahamic god isn't claimed to be perfect or omnipotent or not vengeful etc in the Old Testament. Christianity started adding to the character.
Some early Christian sects had so much trouble squaring the God of the OT with the God of the NT that they believed they were separate beings.
Could a perfect God order Joshua to kill every man, woman, child (including newborns), and animal in a conquered town? Apparently so.

Questions about the existence of God(s) were first addressed by Plato and then subsequently more eloquently analyzed by Aristotle in Philosophy. Back then the ancient Greek pantheon was the vogue.

Then Augustine and Aquinas extended both of their metaphysical arguments. Back then the Roman Catholic Church was the vogue.

Agnosticism and atheism were not vogue or even safe until fairly recently in history. It could have gotten you burned at the stake back then.

This general topic of metaphysics belongs in philosophy not in religion.

Religion is the detailed Theist practice of the Deist issue of God-ness.

Your main fallacy in your particular thinking -- and asking -- based on your loaded questions is Argumentum Populum.

Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some early Christian sects had so much trouble squaring the God of the OT with the God of the NT that they believed they were separate beings.
Could a perfect God order Joshua to kill every man, woman, child (including newborns), and animal in a conquered town? Apparently so.
For your review, we only hear about the "God of the Old Testament" on a few occasions in the "New Testament."

The first time is incident to the annunciation by Archangel Gabriel to Mary Of Nazareth, at which time He is only mentioned.

The second time is at the baptism of Jesus by John The Baptist, at which He speaks from the sky.

The third time is on the Mount Of Transfiguration with Jesus, Peter, James, and John, wherein He is present overhead.

Ergo there is very little material in the New Testament to be very concerned about the God of the Old Testament.

... Unless of course your own doctrine confuses Jesus with the God of the Old Testament and confuses the God of the Old Testament with Jesus in the New Testament.

All in all I would say there is a major doctrinal confusion on the part of most people who simply have not read much of the Bible themselves.

Forum List

Back