Does the United States Supreme Court Make Laws, Enforce Laws -- Do Americans even know?

Procrustes Stretched

"intuition and imagination and intelligence"
Dec 1, 2008
Stumbled upon this post and followed it back. It's a spat between two what I am going to assume, Americans who have been educated in American schools. Did they go on to higher education? Who knows. Would it, should it matter?

What I'm interested in is seeing people on the left or the right, at any given time somehow taking arguments of the other side to suit an argument. And I am interested in just what Americans believe about the Supreme Court and how it functions, what it's role is (not looking at can they link to the constitution, as linking does not equate to understanding). What is it people believe?

And in this area of interest: This pops up. I remember the "debate" well.

They would have strongly objected to the government dictating that people had to use a certain kind of candle or lantern for lighting.
The argument is not what the law is. Or what SCOTUS rules.
The argument is what is and what is not social contract, what violates social contract, and what the people should do when that occurs, if anything. Let's try to keep the focus where it belongs here.

Dante jumped in:
My opinion is that we could not know. Probability versus possibility. It's possible one could now, but is is highly improbable we do know

other:
Well I am just arrogant to think that I read the founding documents they left for us and am right in that they would have disapproved of any dictate from the central government even suggesting how people must live their lives.

Dante:
In the context of their time you may be correct, but you are assuming you know what they would think now about things and a changing world they know nothing about. You do not know how and when and why people will or do change. Jefferson and others changed their own view of things as they aged. Americans, the very people who ratified the Constitution and gave it legitimacy and power changed over time.

You cannot claim to "know" what anyone from the past would believe or think if they were living today.

The above is an example of what is in the OP:
I am interested in just what Americans believe about the Supreme Court and how it functions, what it's role is (not looking at can they link to the constitution, as linking does not equate to understanding). What is it people believe?

What is it people believe, why, do their beliefs square up with reality?

Last edited:
Why be here? Not addressing the content?

fail text 1.jpg

Oh wait!

baby reindeer.jpg

Why be here? Not addressing the content?
Why ask silly questions like the shit you posted in the OP?

I believe it’s beneficial even for an insipid troll like you to receive the response your app deserves.

Plus, of course, the fact that one with as little knowledge as you thinks he can speak about what other Americans may or may not understand is actually kind of funny.

Stumbled upon this post and followed it back. It's a spat between two what I am going to assume, Americans who have been educated in American schools. Did they go on to higher education? Who knows. Would it, should it matter?

What I'm interested in is seeing people on the left or the right, at any given time somehow taking arguments of the other side to suit an argument. And I am interested in just what Americans believe about the Supreme Court and how it functions, what it's role is (not looking at can they link to the constitution, as linking does not equate to understanding). What is it people believe?

Do you understand the difference between the 3 branches of government?

Why ask silly questions like the shit you posted in the OP?

I believe it’s beneficial even for an insipid troll like you to receive the response your app deserves.

Plus, of course, the fact that one with as little knowledge as you thinks he can speak about what other Americans may or may not understand is actually kind of funny.
Are you here to troll?

Change your name again, to TrollingAgain and we'll all be happy again.

Now,
:th_Back_2_Topic_2:

Do you understand the difference between the 3 branches of government?
Dante? We posted a thread title that is true to the content in the OP:

Does the United States Supreme Court Make Laws, Enforce Laws -- Do Americans even know?​

How did you arrive at your comment after reading .. wait. I bet you never read anything. You're just trolling.
At first wasn't sure what this hijack is about. Now? Try hanging out with Liability.

The only failure is your understanding of the three branches of government. Asking the question for basic government functions demonstrates a lack of understanding. Cheers!
Again, Dante did not ask any questions about government.

reading and comprehension 101:
I am interested in just what Americans believe about the Supreme Court and how it functions, what it's role is (not looking at can they link to the constitution, as linking does not equate to understanding). What is it people believe?

Are you here to troll?

Change your name again, to TrollingAgain and we'll all be happy again.

Now,
:th_Back_2_Topic_2:

No troll shit boi. You’re projecting. Again.

What I am doing here is exposing your fraudulence. No wonder you’re crying out loud, once again.

What you understand about the topic you’ve raised couldn’t fill a dimple in a thimble.

Dante? We posted a thread title that is true to the content in the OP:

Does the United States Supreme Court Make Laws, Enforce Laws -- Do Americans even know?​

How did you arrive at your comment after reading .. wait. I bet you never read anything. You're just trolling.
At first wasn't sure what this hijack is about. Now? Try hanging out with Liability.
Considering your content is typically skewed, I don't invest lots of time reading it.

The Supreme Court doesn't make law .. it enforces/changes existing legislation from the legislative branch to align with the principles, rights and outcomes of the United States Constitution. Asking this question should be an embarrassment.

Again, Dante did not ask any questions about government.

reading and comprehension 101:

America knows more about sports, pop culture, and their social media viewership than it does about basic government functions. Americans, in general, are stupid with how the government works and demonstrate the decline in education to educate our youth.

Why would you ask such a stupid question?

Considering your content is typically skewed, I don't invest lots of time reading it.

The Supreme Court doesn't make law .. it enforces/changes existing legislation from the legislative branch to align with the principles, rights and outcomes of the United States Constitution. Asking this question should be an embarrassment.
So you too believe the SCOTUS enforces law?

and again, Dante did not ask a question you are claiming he did. If We are in error, please quote it.

America knows more about sports, pop culture, and their social media viewership than it does about basic government functions. Americans, in general, are stupid with how the government works and demonstrate the decline in education to educate our youth.

Why would you ask such a stupid question?
If American schools teach the stuff and people forget or don't retain what they've been schooled in why would you blame a "decline" in education of youth?

Again, what question are you addressing? One Dante asked or one your mind is telling you is there?

Aside from the fact that the dainty is back to referring to itself in the third person (which is the reason I call it “the dainty”), it remains true that posing a question and expressing an alleged “interest” in what other people think isn’t the same as saying its own opinion.

Perhaps the dainty is fearful of being exposed as the fraudulent twit it is.

“I didn’t say that,” you can predict the dainty will claim. He will then sanctimoniously add that he was “only asking a question.”

What a transparent fraud the dainty always is.

We also know what Liability believes regarding the SCOTUS: He believes in ideological bents and believes he knows what "Doing it's job" entails, but it's from an ideological position. How do we know this? It's all his posts about the SCOTUS that use "liberal" and "conservative" when arguing law.

Look everyone, it's the evil dastardly Taliban conservative Supreme Court on trial again.

1723832088546.png

Forum List

Back