Does this sound normal for a man or woman getting ready for work in the morning?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
My friend said she wakes up at 7am and leaves the house at 7:30am??? Is this odd to anyone else?

How can someone wake up and leave the house in 30 mins?

My friend said she wakes up at 7am and leaves the house at 7:30am??? Is this odd to anyone else?

I fail to see the problem? .... :dunno:

I have done that for most of my adult years of employment. ..... :cool:

How? Did you wash up? Brush those teeth? groom your hair?

Yes. Easily for me, but as I've aged, I've found I needed 45 minutes just to get the joints working. Mostly it's just a matter of planning. How long does it take you get wake up and leave for work?

How? Did you wash up? Brush those teeth? groom your hair?
Shave and shower the night before, have clothes ready. Own an automatic coffee maker set to run 10 minutes before your alarm goes off. Wake up, pee, rinse face, get coffee, dress, eat a banana and/or breakfast bar (I do both) while drinking coffee, put coffee in travel cup (if desired), leave for work. I do it all the time...but now prefer to go to bed a bit earlier and give myself 45 minutes.

When I bicycle to work, I'm out the door in less than 30 minutes, but that's because I'm showering and eating breakfast at the office.

If your showering and eating at home, 30 minutes is way to rushed for me.

You obviously were NEVER in the military.

Yes. Easily for me, but as I've aged, I've found I needed 45 minutes just to get the joints working. Mostly it's just a matter of planning. How long does it take you get wake up and leave for work?

50-60 mins

You obviously were NEVER in the military.

Are you telling me the Drill Sergeant would take issue with a mere 10 minutes or so to catch up on the news with a nice hot cup of coffee, preferably from a freshly ground medium roast? Would it be too much to as to filter the water?

Geez.

Screwing with you, thank you for wearing the uniform.

50-60 mins
Why so long? Do you shower and shave in the morning? That's easily 15-20 minutes there. Make coffee in the morning? Another 10 minutes just setting up and waiting for it to perk. 25-30 minutes lost.

50-60 mins
Why so long? Do you shower and shave in the morning? That's easily 15-20 minutes there. Make coffee in the morning? Another 10 minutes just setting up and waiting for it to perk. 25-30 minutes lost.

Maybe because I don't want to rush out the door like a fool. I prefer to wake up and shower and get dress and get my hair together. Watch the news before I leave and go out as a "Well groomed and good smelling man

What's foolish about efficiency in the morning? Some of us aren't interested in lollygagging and lounging at home in the morning, we'd rather have more sleep.

For many years I lived a 5 minute drive to work, and I very often woke up @ a half an hour before work. I have long hair so almost always shower the night before because I let my hair air dry, I'm not a makeup person, just a touch of eyeliner, curl the eyelashes, lip gloss. Washing face, brushing teeth, lotion/light makeup takes maybe 15 min., dressing takes 5 min., feeding the dog takes 10 min. (dog goes out and comes back in while other activities taking place, dog feeding happens first thing because the alarm going off puts my dog into Pavlovian mode), then I'm ready to go. I'm not usually a breakfast person and would either brew a coffee to go while getting ready - my Bunn brews in exactly 3 min. - or grab one at the office.

Everyone is different; you are not better.

What's foolish about efficiency in the morning? Some of us aren't interested in lollygagging and lounging at home in the morning, we'd rather have more sleep.

For many years I lived a 5 minute drive to work, and I very often woke up @ a half an hour before work. I have long hair so almost always shower the night before because I let my hair air dry, I'm not a makeup person, just a touch of eyeliner, curl the eyelashes, lip gloss. Washing face, brushing teeth, lotion/light makeup takes maybe 15 min., dressing takes 5 min., feeding the dog takes 10 min. (dog goes out and comes back in while other activities taking place, dog feeding happens first thing because the alarm going off puts my dog into Pavlovian mode), then I'm ready to go. I'm not usually a breakfast person and would either brew a coffee to go while getting ready - my Bunn brews in exactly 3 min. - or grab one at the office.

Everyone is different; you are not better.

So u look like the white women I see on the train in the morning. No effort on her hair or clothes and she headed to work looking DINGY

Forum List

Back