Does this sound normal for a man or woman getting ready for work in the morning?

In the military I routinely got up shower and shaved and was dressed in about 20 minutes sleeping was what I wanted so slept till last minute

What's foolish about efficiency in the morning? Some of us aren't interested in lollygagging and lounging at home in the morning, we'd rather have more sleep.

For many years I lived a 5 minute drive to work, and I very often woke up @ a half an hour before work. I have long hair so almost always shower the night before because I let my hair air dry, I'm not a makeup person, just a touch of eyeliner, curl the eyelashes, lip gloss. Washing face, brushing teeth, lotion/light makeup takes maybe 15 min., dressing takes 5 min., feeding the dog takes 10 min. (dog goes out and comes back in while other activities taking place, dog feeding happens first thing because the alarm going off puts my dog into Pavlovian mode), then I'm ready to go. I'm not usually a breakfast person and would either brew a coffee to go while getting ready - my Bunn brews in exactly 3 min. - or grab one at the office.

Everyone is different; you are not better.

So u look like the white women I see on the train in the morning. No effort on her hair or clothes and she headed to work looking DINGY
LOL. Proving once again that fbj is 1) a racist and 2) a misogynist. Now, due to this thread, we know he's super-narcissistic about his appearance....an oddity in itself since 3) many USMB members know he's also homophobic yet obsessed with guys blowing him. Couple this with an overly neat appearance tells me he's gay...NOT that there's anything wrong with that. Just an observation based on numerous posts.

What's foolish about efficiency in the morning? Some of us aren't interested in lollygagging and lounging at home in the morning, we'd rather have more sleep.

For many years I lived a 5 minute drive to work, and I very often woke up @ a half an hour before work. I have long hair so almost always shower the night before because I let my hair air dry, I'm not a makeup person, just a touch of eyeliner, curl the eyelashes, lip gloss. Washing face, brushing teeth, lotion/light makeup takes maybe 15 min., dressing takes 5 min., feeding the dog takes 10 min. (dog goes out and comes back in while other activities taking place, dog feeding happens first thing because the alarm going off puts my dog into Pavlovian mode), then I'm ready to go. I'm not usually a breakfast person and would either brew a coffee to go while getting ready - my Bunn brews in exactly 3 min. - or grab one at the office.

So u look like the white women I see on the train in the morning. No effort on her hair or clothes and she headed to work looking DINGY
LOL. Proving once again that fbj is 1) a racist and 2) a misogynist. Now, due to this thread, we know he's super-narcissistic about his appearance....an oddity in itself since 3) many USMB members know he's also homophobic yet obsessed with guys blowing him. Couple this with an overly neat appearance tells me he's gay...NOT that there's anything wrong with that. Just an observation based on numerous posts.

Adults are supposed to care about their appearance

My friend said she wakes up at 7am and leaves the house at 7:30am??? Is this odd to anyone else?

How can someone wake up and leave the house in 30 mins?
I used to do it in ten..

Adults are supposed to care about their appearance
I always look good..

Hey, if you're into high maintenance women caked in chemical laden makeup and hairsprays and designer clothes, more power to you. You sound like a self righteous judgmental jerk, so it's not as if I care.

There are plenty of quality men in this world who appreciate a woman who is confident in her natural beauty and doesn't require an hour of primping and preening before leaving the house, whose face isn't buried under 1/4 inch of foul smelling and tasting paint, whose hair isn't stiff with spray and who doesn't freak out when the wind blows or you put the top down. The kind of woman you can take back country camping for a week or on a week-long river float and who isn't perturbed by a lack of amenities. The kind of woman who rarely shops, rather than the kind who goes every weekend to the mall for hours of spending.

I wore makeup for a few years starting in high school, but after I got to college I let the habit go. I realized that people aren't nearly as interested in my appearance as they are in their own, that the social spotlight is not that bright. Aside from people who appear on camera or in photo shoots, most people don't really need it and most of the people I've ever known who were obsessed with face paint were very insecure. I also loathed the suffocating feel of pore-clogging foundation.

I have a healthy complexion, bright hazel/green eyes, a wide attractive smile, and long, naturally curly auburn hair. I have nice taste in classic style clothing. I've never been called frumpy or unattractive - when I leave the house my hair is shiny and manageable, either down or pinned up in a chignon or in a jaw claw, my face is clean and moisturized and eyes and lips enhanced with just a touch of natural looking color, my clothes coordinated and wrinkle free. I'm a naturally attractive woman who doesn't feel the need to waste an hour of every day painting my face with chemicals - there's so much more I'd rather spend my money & time doing.

My friend said she wakes up at 7am and leaves the house at 7:30am??? Is this odd to anyone else?

You obviously were NEVER in the military.

At boot camp at Parris Island the drill instructors would have half us shave in 2 minutes while the other half showered, then they would blow the whistle and we'd switch. You still had to be clean shaven in the morning, so I'd have to wake up half way through the night to take a shit and shave. You had to try and time your shits so you didn't have to go during the day. Hell there were times when there would be planned inspections during the day and the drill instructors would turn on all the showers, some hot, some cold... and we'd just walk in a line through the shower room and then they'd splash us all with Aqua Velva.

Hey, if you're into high maintenance women caked in chemical laden makeup and hairsprays and designer clothes, more power to you. You sound like a self righteous judgmental jerk, so it's not as if I care.

There are plenty of quality men in this world who appreciate a woman who is confident in her natural beauty and doesn't require an hour of primping and preening before leaving the house, whose face isn't buried under 1/4 inch of foul smelling and tasting paint, whose hair isn't stiff with spray and who doesn't freak out when the wind blows or you put the top down. The kind of woman you can take back country camping for a week or on a week-long river float and who isn't perturbed by a lack of amenities. The kind of woman who rarely shops, rather than the kind who goes every weekend to the mall for hours of spending.

I wore makeup for a few years starting in high school, but after I got to college I let the habit go. I realized that people aren't nearly as interested in my appearance as they are in their own, that the social spotlight is not that bright. Aside from people who appear on camera or in photo shoots, most people don't really need it and most of the people I've ever known who were obsessed with face paint were very insecure. I also loathed the suffocating feel of pore-clogging foundation.

I have a healthy complexion, bright hazel/green eyes, a wide attractive smile, and long, naturally curly auburn hair. I have nice taste in classic style clothing. I've never been called frumpy or unattractive - when I leave the house my hair is shiny and manageable, either down or pinned up in a chignon or in a jaw claw, my face is clean and moisturized and eyes and lips enhanced with just a touch of natural looking color, my clothes coordinated and wrinkle free. I'm a naturally attractive woman who doesn't feel the need to waste an hour of every day painting my face with chemicals - there's so much more I'd rather spend my money & time doing.

I said nothing about makeup, you said you do nothing to your hair and leave the house in 20 mins. That sounds like a college student going to class not a grown woman

You obviously were NEVER in the military.

At boot camp at Parris Island the drill instructors would have half us shave in 2 minutes while the other half showered, then they would blow the whistle and we'd switch. You still had to be clean shaven in the morning, so I'd have to wake up half way through the night to take a shit and shave. You had to try and time your shits so you didn't have to go during the day. Hell there were times when there would be planned inspections during the day and the drill instructors would turn on all the showers, some hot, some cold... and we'd just walk in a line through the shower room and then they'd splash us all with Aqua Velva.
I would shave while showering, still do..

I used to do it in ten..

that means you left the house stinking and dirty
You never bath at night?

sometimes but leaving the house in 30 after the alarm goes off still seems fast
I was a fast Freddy when I was 30 years younger, lived on 4 hours of sleep and would work 12 hour days...You try being a single parent, working and going to college..

I don't get it... why does 30 minutes seem so unreasonable? If you are in the shower more than 10 minutes you're in their jacking off. Do that the night before.

I don't get it... why does 30 minutes seem so unreasonable? If you are in the shower more than 10 minutes you're in their jacking off. Do that the night before.

Because most people don't POP out the bed as soon as the alarm goes off LOL

I get up before the alarm goes off anticipating that it will go off...I really don't need one..

I get up before the alarm goes off anticipating that it will go off...I really don't need one..

I thought most people got up slowly or sat on the side of the bed before heading to the bathroom.

I said nothing about makeup, you said you do nothing to your hair and leave the house in 20 mins. That sounds like a college student going to class not a grown woman

Uh, no I didn't. I said I wash my hair the night before - and because my hair is healthy and I use natural products that don't strip natural oils and result in over-production of oils, I don't wash it every day - and let it air dry. So I wake up with clean, dry hair which I either leave down or pin up. Sorting my hair takes literally 2 minutes, whichever style I choose. I've been complimented on my hair by women and men alike for decades - and the last time I used hairspray or a blow dryer or a curling iron was half a dozen years ago. Once in a blue moon I'll dry my hair and straighten it in the process - but because it's lovely curly-but-not-too-curly & super healthy (because it's not daily burned by blow drying and curling), I'm quite happy to leave it natural. And yes, I'm glad that I spend so little time on my appearance - it's more time for reading, writing, listening to music, chilling with my dog, enjoying the great outdoors.

I thought most people got up slowly or sat on the side of the bed before heading to the bathroom.
Maybe after a late night par-taying...You ever do that? Or is you a couch potato?

Uh, no I didn't. I said I wash my hair the night before - and because my hair is healthy and I use natural products that don't strip natural oils and result in over-production of oils, I don't wash it every day - and let it air dry. So I wake up with clean, dry hair which I either leave down or pin up. Sorting my hair takes literally 2 minutes, whichever style I choose. I've been complimented on my hair by women and men alike for decades - and the last time I used hairspray or a blow dryer or a curling iron was half a dozen years ago. Once in a blue moon I'll dry my hair and straighten it in the process - but because it's lovely curly-but-not-too-curly & super healthy (because it's not daily burned by blow drying and curling), I'm quite happy to leave it natural. And yes, I'm glad that I spend so little time on my appearance - it's more time for reading, writing, listening to music, chilling with my dog, enjoying the great outdoors.
I do the ponytail the most..

Forum List

Back