Does welfare make people lazy?

Washington DC.....

cap.JPG

Fiji...

fiji_swim.jpg

Nope. Did not see the word "Welfare" on the entire site.

So they renamed it. Its still the same stuff. Sorry I don't feel like typing acronym soup when i describe the programs that are "welfare"

The Dole is still the Dole.

I'm collecting Social Security and am insured by Medicare. Am I on "welfare"?

I know a guy who always votes republican who is paid not to grow certain crops in Iowa. Is he on "welfare"?

Last edited:

So they renamed it. Its still the same stuff. Sorry I don't feel like typing acronym soup when i describe the programs that are "welfare"

I'm collecting Social Security and am insured by Medicare. Am I on welfare"?

I know a guy who always votes republican who is paid not to grow certain crops in Iowa. Is he on "welfare"?

Neither of those are welfare programs.

Some on the left don't understand the difference.

YOU pay into Medicare and SS; you dont have taxes taken specifically for welfare moron. but if you want to think you're on welfare go ahead

oh and i cant believe we still have farm subsidies. didnt the 40 UNBROKEN string of Democrat control of the House end all that?

So if giving handouts are an incentive not to produce, does that mean conservatives are in favor of cutting all corporate tax breaks and subsidies?

when individuals on welfare start creating jobs, providing benefits, making product, increasing the GDP, doing research and development come talk to us. untol then, shevle your old, worn out, tired argument that has no bearing or similarity to this diccussion.

LOL, you really think corporations create jobs? Hahaha.

So you're ok with handouts, just not to people who need it. Got it.

so you really think government creates jobs leftard?

lol

Oh, no! I understand all right. Welfare is something that you get for free from the government that is a drain on the economy, and does not increase the GNP, like the VA benefits that this guy gets that I play Canasta with, for flying 35 missions in a B-29 over Japan in WW2. He is 93, and would otherwise be doing some sort of productive work if he had to.

Point being...again...and again...free money is not an answer for poverty, it is a guarantee of increasing it.

So what should we do, remove welfare entirely? Whats your plan?

Hahaha....typical answer from the bleeding hearts.
If you don't support anything and everything they put forth - you must therefore want the complete opposite of whatever it is.
Don't support no strings attached free money for all - well then you hate the poor and wish they would all die.
Hilarious.

I'm collecting Social Security and am insured by Medicare. Am I on "welfare"?

Nope. you paid into SS as a retirement program, just as you paid into medicare to be your health coverage when you retired.

These are not means tested cash handouts, i.e. welfare. Just like unemployment insurance isn't welfare, you pay in for it.

Welfare is general government funds used for programs to give money and stuff to people who do not do anything in return for it, or did nothing previously in return for it.

To get SS you had to contribute to it, same with medicare and unemployment insurance. To get welfare all you have to have is been means tested, you don't have to contribute a dime.

Oh, no! I understand all right. Welfare is something that you get for free from the government that is a drain on the economy, and does not increase the GNP, like the VA benefits that this guy gets that I play Canasta with, for flying 35 missions in a B-29 over Japan in WW2. He is 93, and would otherwise be doing some sort of productive work if he had to.

You don't understand the difference between working for government and applying to the government for a check for doing nothing but breathing and not working hard enough to support yourself? Seriously?

people getting VA benefits served their country; often in wars as you mention. is that the case for the majority on welfare?

ur a joke; another idiot using the exception and parading it like the rule

Nope. you paid into SS as a retirement program, just as you paid into medicare to be your health coverage when you retired.

These are not means tested cash handouts, i.e. welfare. Just like unemployment insurance isn't welfare, you pay in for it.

Welfare is general government funds used for programs to give money and stuff to people who do not do anything in return for it, or did nothing previously in return for it.

To get SS you had to contribute to it, same with medicare and unemployment insurance. To get welfare all you have to have is been means tested, you don't have to contribute a dime.

A rare day, we disagree. Social Security and Unemployment are clearly welfare. The social security taxes the prior generation paid they spent, nothing was saved. In 46 out of 50 States, employees pay zero unemployment taxes, their employer pays it, then the employer's taxes are raised to cover anything paid. In four, the employee does pay a portion of it.

YOU pay into Medicare and SS; you dont have taxes taken specifically for welfare moron. but if you want to think you're on welfare go ahead

oh and i cant believe we still have farm subsidies. didnt the 40 UNBROKEN string of Democrat control of the House end all that?

The guy I know who gets crop subsidies owns his farm in Iowa, which has not voted democratic since Roosevelt. He has his winter home here in Arizona.

What a dumbass question. Of course it does.

Why in hell would anyone want to go out and get a job when someone elses money is paying the bills??

Why in hell would someone actually want to work for a living when a living is being provided for them??

Why in hell would someone want to get off the gravy train when someone else is pulling it for em??

Because its in human nature to be self reliant and self sufficient - Govt doesnt remove that quality

Its not...The most anyone can get is what govt will allow. Which aint much and it dam sure aint something you can get comfortable with

See answer #1

At one time, maybe. Currently, there are many lazy fucks who are just fine sucking up welfare. I would say it's probably 50/50 meaning 50% would get jobs if they could , 50% would remain on the teat sans job they could.

I think the larger issue is many are unemployable because of their own poor choices. Bad credit, no education, criminal records, tattooed up like a freak, body piercings, drug use, whatever it may be, we have a large percentage of people who would rather "express themselves" than be decent fucking human beings who someone would want to hire, and our welfare system allows them to do just that.

left-wing nutjobs love to remind people how many jobs were being lost at the end of the Bush years.
the current levels of welfare and unemployment eligiblity are from that era
the left insists things are so much better now but calls people heartless for asking how, if things are so much better now; welfare and unemployment cant be reduced by one penny or one day.

left-wing nutjobs insist everybody on welfare needs it and almost nobody is gaming the system

then turn around and say how good things are under obama

the only people surprised we have RECORD LEVELS of what Progressives believe in are the rabid, self-deceiving left-wing nutjobs themselves

libs are losers who lie to themselves

The guy I know who gets crop subsidies owns his farm in Iowa, which has not voted democratic since Roosevelt. He has his winter home here in Arizona.

Yeah?...I have different colored bottle caps that I use for different kinds of beer I make.
Have anymore random comments you would like to make?

Forum List

Back