Does welfare make people lazy?

Considering they will probably not be around in 2050 when I turn 75, i doubt the moral quandary will ever come up.

History repeats itself. They were saying the same thing in 1959 when I drew my first paycheck.

The greatest generation begot the greediest generation. This is the plan of the left, give people government checks, then scare them that "they" want to take your government checks. Your generation is driving us into the ground with costs and debt and you're right, say anything about cutting your checks and you shriek to high heaven and run around in circles grabbing your head screaming like your hair is on fire.

And guess what, Kaz. We are as solid a voting block as the NRA, so eat your heart out!

You paid taxes that government spent as you paid them. They were no different than any other taxes you paid. Your generation never saved a dime for social security. It's just welfare that my generation is paying you. You can like or not like that, but it's just a fact.

Your stupid opinion is not a fact. If you had a job, you could see on your pay check that social security is taken out every time. We've had it coming out of our checks for 50 years.

IT ISNT paying or going to pay for YOUR SS though idiot

The $5 trillion you wasted on Iraq would have paid for yours AND mine. Quit giving America's wealth to foreign countries, and start taking care of Americans, idiot.
And another thing, there are far more people that have paid into SS that never lived long enough to collect, than have collected.
And another thing, the cons have raided over $2 trillion from SS. The interest from that alone would pay for mine AND yours.
http://http://angrybearblog.com/2013/12/social-security-trust-fund-ratios-solvency-and-the-reagan-raid.html

Last edited:
Your stupid opinion is not a fact. If you had a job, you could see on your pay check that social security is taken out every time. We've had it coming out of our checks for 50 years.

The $5 trillion you wasted on Iraq would have paid for yours AND mine. Quit giving America's wealth to foreign countries, and start taking care of Americans, idiot.
And another thing, there are far more people that have paid into SS that never lived long enough to collect, than have collected.
And another thing, the cons have raided over $2 trillion from SS. The interest from that alone would pay for mine AND yours.

But we NEED military bases in 150 foreign countries...don't we? I mean, if we weren't there to keep Belgium in line, who knows what sinister things they might be doing over there?

United States military deployments - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
My bad, it was $2.5 trillion the cons stole from SS
“The government’s $2.5 trillion debt to Social Security is the real reason that so many politicians want to cut benefits. They are trying to find a way to avoid having to repay the looted money…. - See more at: How Your Social Security Money Was Stolen ? Where Did the $2.5 Trillion Surplus Go? | AmpedStatus
http://http://ampedstatus.org/how-your-social-security-money-was-stolen-where-did-the-2-5-trillion-surplus-go/

History repeats itself. They were saying the same thing in 1959 when I drew my first paycheck.

The greatest generation begot the greediest generation. This is the plan of the left, give people government checks, then scare them that "they" want to take your government checks. Your generation is driving us into the ground with costs and debt and you're right, say anything about cutting your checks and you shriek to high heaven and run around in circles grabbing your head screaming like your hair is on fire.

And guess what, Kaz. We are as solid a voting block as the NRA, so eat your heart out!

I believe I said the same thing.

http://http://angrybearblog.com/2013/12/social-security-trust-fund-ratios-solvency-and-the-reagan-raid.html

None of those points would have made social security not a welfare program.

Well first idiot, I was against Iraq, so I don't know what your point is.

And as for your claim that it's one party and not both parties doing it to us, what can I say, you're just an idiot. It's all of them.

Well first idiot, I was against congress borrowing from SS, so I don't know what your point is.

How does that statement change anything?

BTW, they were never "borrowing from SS," they just taxed and spent it. There was never anything saved to borrow.

Well first idiot, I was against congress borrowing from SS, so I don't know what your point is.

BTW, they were never "borrowing from SS," they just taxed and spent it. There was never anything saved to borrow.

I was wondering the same thing, since all I did was copy your statement, which also had no meaning.

False. The money was replaced by US bonds.

Last edited:
Does welfare make people lazy?

No sir.

The Parasites must thoroughly research and find out which candidates provide the most benefits. Then they have to vote , early and often. Then they have to count the food stamps and make sure they were given the correct allowance. Oh, Lord have mercy.

My friend all that effort is exhausting.

Them Libertarians do not know what they are talking about.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was wondering the same thing, since all I did was copy your statement, which also had no meaning.

Social Security taxes are paid into the General Fund. Social security checks are paid from the General Fund. Government issued itself treasuries. So according to you, if I loan myself $1 million, I have a $1 million asset and a $1 million debt. Bull, I have nothing. Government or anyone else loaning themselves money isn't an asset.

Government took your social security payments and immediately spent the money. Nothing was ever saved, there was never an asset. They just wrote down how much they spent, and you gave the bills to your children. Both to pay social security, and to pay back the t-bills for the money that your generation spent as it came in. Fine, but you don't get to call it an asset, it's us paying your bills.

Thanks...

Last edited:
And once again this thread shows exactly why nothing will ever reverse the oligarchical wave that has become America.
No mater the topic, no matter the discussion. Every single thread here and everywhere always - always - always ends in rock throwing nonsense.
Democrats are stupid.
Repulicans are stupidier.
Well Democrats are stupidest.
No Republicans are stupidest'ist

And in the meantime, our entire government is hopelessly corrupt.
Corporatism has nearly taken over every market and industry.
And we keep voting them right back in because they convinced us that it is always the other guy.

Social Security taxes are paid into the General Fund. Social security checks are paid from the General Fund. Government issued itself treasuries. So according to you, if I loan myself $1 million, I have a $1 million asset and a $1 million debt. Bull, I have nothing. Government or anyone else loaning themselves money isn't an asset.

Government took your social security payments and immediately spent the money. Nothing was ever saved, there was never an asset. They just wrote down how much they spent, and you gave the bills to your children. Both to pay social security, and to pay back the t-bills for the money that your generation spent as it came in. Fine, but you don't get to call it an asset, it's us paying your bills.

Thanks...

We may disagree on SS being called welfare, but he is 100% right on this. The money was not invested in anything, it paid for budget deficits that would have been worse without the SS surplus, and now any shortfall not only makes deficits worse, it has to be paid for from the same general fund.

and how are the bonds paid back, genius?

My bad, it was $2.5 trillion the cons stole from SS
“The government’s $2.5 trillion debt to Social Security is the real reason that so many politicians want to cut benefits. They are trying to find a way to avoid having to repay the looted money…. - See more at: How Your Social Security Money Was Stolen ? Where Did the $2.5 Trillion Surplus Go? | AmpedStatus
http://http://ampedstatus.org/how-your-social-security-money-was-stolen-where-did-the-2-5-trillion-surplus-go/

People might take you a little more serious if you weren't such a blatant partisan whack job.
So it was the cons that stole it, huh? It couldn't have been both parties, could it? It had to be those evil cons that would even consider it, huh?

Dude you are THE nut on this board.

The name of the article from your very own site that you provided:
"How Republicans, Democrats and the Mega-Wealthy Stole Your Social Security Money" - See more at: http://ampedstatus.org/how-your-soc...ion-surplus-go/#sthash.oOWehEJl.FS9IPAyh.dpuf

goofball

Last edited:

That was a patently good move.

And actually added liquidity to the program.

And once again this thread shows exactly why nothing will ever reverse the oligarchical wave that has become America.
No mater the topic, no matter the discussion. Every single thread here and everywhere always - always - always ends in rock throwing nonsense.
Democrats are stupid.
Repulicans are stupidier.
Well Democrats are stupidest.
No Republicans are stupidest'ist

And in the meantime, our entire government is hopelessly corrupt.
Corporatism has nearly taken over every market and industry.
And we keep voting them right back in because they convinced us that it is always the other gu
y.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Thanks...

You are welcome~!

However, I do blame your parents for not giving you a college education in economics (or history~hint~my generation did not create SS).

What a dumbass question. Of course it does.

Why in hell would anyone want to go out and get a job when someone elses money is paying the bills??
Because it doesn't pay all the bills.

Why in hell would someone actually want to work for a living when a living is being provided for them??
Because its far below the standard of living.

Why in hell would someone want to get off the gravy train when someone else is pulling it for em??
Because that train has no gravy.

What about corporate welfare? Are you okay with giving rich people freebee's?

Where's your outrage there?

I'm not in favor of welfare for anyone.

Corporate welfare is in the form of tax breaks. Whole lot of difference between Welfare and a tax break.

As for the standard of living? I'm sure they don't care. After all that little EBT card will have money in it every month.

As for bills? They don't worry because someone else is paying their bills for em.

Boy are you an idiot.

Forum List

Back