Does welfare make people lazy?

So what should we do, remove welfare entirely? Whats your plan?

Yes it should be removed entirely from the federal government.

Leave welfare to local governments and faith based charities.

Bwahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahah.

You're serious, right?

Yes I am.

Local charities are best equipped to identify and help those that truly need it and identify those that look to abuse the system.

That's why I asked you your opinion on what we should do about it. I know you people cant commit to anything because then you would have to defend a viewpoint. That would go against the very thing you live for...complain about everything, stand for nothing.

You people?
Defend a viewpoint?...what the...I think I have stated quite clear, with illustrations even - showing my viewpoint. Welfare absolutely creates laziness and a willingness to stay unemployed.
...complain...stand for nothing??
So, again, your opinion is if one doesn't agree with you, then they fall into some category of radical absolutism.
Jesus Christ...I answered the thread topic.
I didn't know I was supposed to rewrite social programs for the United States, and if I can't - I must hate the poor.

Things would get even worse because the precious 1% "job creators" don't give a fuck about the American people, Democrat or Republican.

Only a 1%er would try to defend a 1%er, or a complete moron boot licker.

Nope. you paid into SS as a retirement program, just as you paid into medicare to be your health coverage when you retired.

These are not means tested cash handouts, i.e. welfare. Just like unemployment insurance isn't welfare, you pay in for it.

Welfare is general government funds used for programs to give money and stuff to people who do not do anything in return for it, or did nothing previously in return for it.

To get SS you had to contribute to it, same with medicare and unemployment insurance. To get welfare all you have to have is been means tested, you don't have to contribute a dime.

A rare day, we disagree. Social Security and Unemployment are clearly welfare. The social security taxes the prior generation paid they spent, nothing was saved. In 46 out of 50 States, employees pay zero unemployment taxes, their employer pays it, then the employer's taxes are raised to cover anything paid. In four, the employee does pay a portion of it.

Well, I guess that I am guilty then, of being on "welfare". I'm glad we got that cleared up. Still, I don't feel too guilty about it, having not only paid for it for 50 years, but also with dollars taxed to me.

You paid taxes that government spent as you paid them. They were no different than any other taxes you paid. Your generation never saved a dime for social security. It's just welfare that my generation is paying you. You can like or not like that, but it's just a fact.

That's why I asked you your opinion on what we should do about it. I know you people cant commit to anything because then you would have to defend a viewpoint. That would go against the very thing you live for...complain about everything, stand for nothing.

You people?
Defend a viewpoint?...what the...I think I have stated quite clear, with illustrations even - showing my viewpoint. Welfare absolutely creates laziness and a willingness to stay unemployed.
...complain...stand for nothing??
So, again, your opinion is if one doesn't agree with you, then they fall into some category of radical absolutism.
Jesus Christ...I answered the thread topic.
I didn't know I was supposed to rewrite social programs for the United States, and if I can't - I must hate the poor.

There are far more lazy people with jobs than on welfare. But at least you admit you hate the poor. BTW, it's the barley gains that are "malted".

Nope. you paid into SS as a retirement program, just as you paid into medicare to be your health coverage when you retired.

These are not means tested cash handouts, i.e. welfare. Just like unemployment insurance isn't welfare, you pay in for it.

Welfare is general government funds used for programs to give money and stuff to people who do not do anything in return for it, or did nothing previously in return for it.

To get SS you had to contribute to it, same with medicare and unemployment insurance. To get welfare all you have to have is been means tested, you don't have to contribute a dime.

A rare day, we disagree. Social Security and Unemployment are clearly welfare. The social security taxes the prior generation paid they spent, nothing was saved. In 46 out of 50 States, employees pay zero unemployment taxes, their employer pays it, then the employer's taxes are raised to cover anything paid. In four, the employee does pay a portion of it.

Even when the employer pays the unemployment insurance, the employee is still paying it. When I figure payroll, I figure UI into it and consider it part of wages even though the employee doesn't receive it, no different than health insurance premiums or any other benefit.

Health insurance premiums are part of my compensation agreement with my employees. Unemployment is a tax that government forces me to pay. Then if I struggle and let any of my employees go to survive, government increases the tax to get back anything they pay. Health insurance and unemployment couldn't be any different. The fact that I am aware of it when I hire does not make it not a tax on employers.

Things would get even worse because the precious 1% "job creators" don't give a fuck about the American people, Democrat or Republican.

Only a 1%er would try to defend a 1%er, or a complete moron boot licker.

the 1% never had it so good under Bush and Republicans

true story

the complete moron is you; a failure defending Progressive failure

the 1% is doing better than ever under obama and a Progressive Majority

all the Left has are idiotic excuses how people they insist they are smarter than keep preventing them from sticking it to all those "evil" rich people and corporations

lol what a bunch of idiots!!!!

Yes, that's the way the system works, but it is not welfare as the term was conceived. For both of those programs, you have to had been working to be eligible, paying into said programs. And even if the employer pays it, it is still being paid by someone as a specific contribution. Also one would assume its part a of a person's benefit package anyway.

Welfare doesn't have any of those string attached. Its sole qualifier is means.

Just a bunch of spin. Welfare is government forced redistribution of wealth. None of social security, Medicare or unemployment are paid by the person who receives the "benefit." They are pure wealth redistribution. Social Security and Medicare between generations, Unemployment between Employer and Employee. To be a "benefit," it would have to be voluntary. Government taxing employers and handing the money to employees is wealth redistribution, and welfare.

Well, I guess that I am guilty then, of being on "welfare". I'm glad we got that cleared up. Still, I don't feel too guilty about it, having not only paid for it for 50 years, but also with dollars taxed to me.

You paid taxes that government spent as you paid them. They were no different than any other taxes you paid. Your generation never saved a dime for social security. It's just welfare that my generation is paying you. You can like or not like that, but it's just a fact.

Your stupid opinion is not a fact. If you had a job, you could see on your pay check that social security is taken out every time. We've had it coming out of our checks for 50 years.

Your stupid opinion is not a fact. If you had a job, you could see on your pay check that social security is taken out every time. We've had it coming out of our checks for 50 years.

IT ISNT paying or going to pay for YOUR SS though idiot

Not sure if you didn't read or didn't comprehend what I wrote, but I addressed that, see the red.

Social Security is even paid from the general fund. If you loan yourself $1 million, do you have a $1 million asset and a $1 million debt, or do you have bupkus? You have bupkus.

Ditto the government. They loan money from the general fund to the general fund, that is not an asset no matter how you slice it.

IT ISNT paying or going to pay for YOUR SS though idiot

Yes. The prior generation handed us an envelope with 3 notes:

1) A bill to send them checks and pay medical expenses for the rest of their lives.

2) A social security trust fund to pay for it.

3) The bills to pay for the social security trust fund they are giving us to pay for it. They loaned themselves money, issued T-bills, then they handed us the T-bills to pay back.

We got nothing from them, but the suggestion to do the same thing to our kids...

Last edited:

and going into the general fund for the same amount of time. There is no reserve fund. when SS starts going in the red, the general fund will have to make up the difference.

It is good to know that a principled person like you will never cash those SS checks....

It is good to know that a principled person like you will never cash those SS checks....

Considering they will probably not be around in 2050 when I turn 75, i doubt the moral quandary will ever come up.

Not only that, but we paid tax on the dollars that were taken out for SS.

Considering they will probably not be around in 2050 when I turn 75, i doubt the moral quandary will ever come up.

History repeats itself. They were saying the same thing in 1959 when I drew my first paycheck.

Not only that, but we paid tax on the dollars that were taken out for SS.

And they spent that too. Maybe you should have been holding government accountable to actually save the money you were paying instead of handing your bills to those of us who were kids or weren't born yet, ya think?

History repeats itself. They were saying the same thing in 1959 when I drew my first paycheck.

The greatest generation begot the greediest generation. This is the plan of the left, give people government checks, then scare them that "they" want to take your government checks. Your generation is driving us into the ground with costs and debt and you're right, say anything about cutting your checks and you shriek to high heaven and run around in circles grabbing your head screaming like your hair is on fire.

Forum List

Back