Does welfare make people lazy?

Can you explain how your logic of "Welfare is a disincentive to work" translates to "Welfare recipients work."?

I did, but like I said the Democratic party is the party of stupid and you happen to be in that camp.

Again, people work just enough to remain on welfare... It makes them more money than working full time or it simply gets them enough to "get by" without working very much.

This is common sense, like... Your position is near that of denying evolution or gravity.

Again you dont seem to realize that not working means not working. "Not working" doesnt mean "working just enough" no matter how many times you try to make it the same. Its not.

If they work then the idea that welfare makes people uninterested in working is false. Maybe you mean welfare makes people work "just enough"?

Either way, when you get a job, you get a schedule. Cant work the schedule you get canned. The workers dont get to decide to work "just enough to get welfare" since that is determined somewhere else also.

You have this fantasy where people know the exact amount to earn to stay on welfare. :badgrin: How do you know? You dont know you just nkow

=============================================

i believe you were the one who insisted that many; or most even on welfare HAD JOBS.
so how can you say they arent working?

left-wing nutjobs think people are stupid; and cant find out what the limits on income are; and adjust their hours accordingly

love the way the idiotic Left patronizes the very people they claim to stick up for

I know people on welfare, I know they get food stamps, I know they get help with child care and living... And yet their spouse can make over 100k a year. You know nothing.

You are a liar. Good to know.

You can't back up your made up claims, so you lie. Stupid troll.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

You win, we have more people UE and on welfare because UE benefits and welfare are proven to help get people off UE and welfare....

Yes, we are all wrong and you are correct. What we need to do is *keep* expanding UE benefits and welfare and really really really hope the growing amount of poor people slows down, that the growing number of UE people goes down... and that the growing number of people on welfare goes down.

No. You are just a liar.

Additionally, when someone gets a job no one has the option of "working enough to keep getting welfare". Either you work when scheduled or hit the road

I own a business, do you? No you don't... In fact I'm wondering if you have ever worked.

I schedule people not by what I would like them to work but rather what they are available to work. I have to find people that care less about parties on the weekends but oddly they might have kids... kids they have to pick up from school or do whatever the fuck they want to do with them. Meaning no, no single employee that I have works any hours I schedule simply because I want them to work certain hours.

Maybe I should run my business like a liberal and just fire people that can't work the hours I tell them too... Like CC would do.

You need to take a management class or some shit.

You are a liar. Good to know.

You can't back up your made up claims, so you lie. Stupid troll.

You win, we have more people UE and on welfare because UE benefits and welfare are proven to help get people off UE and welfare....

Yes, we are all wrong and you are correct. What we need to do is *keep* expanding UE benefits and welfare and really really really hope the growing amount of poor people slows down, that the growing number of UE people goes down... and that the growing number of people on welfare goes down.

No. You are just a liar.

the liar is you; the lies are to yourself

who but left-wing losers deep in denial are surprised that we have more of what the Left supports and defends?

Additionally, when someone gets a job no one has the option of "working enough to keep getting welfare". Either you work when scheduled or hit the road

I own a business, do you? No you don't... In fact I'm wondering if you have ever worked.

I schedule people not by what I would like them to work but rather what they are available to work. I have to find people that care less about parties on the weekends but oddly they might have kids... kids they have to pick up from school or do whatever the fuck they want to do with them. Meaning no, no single employee that I have works any hours I schedule simply because I want them to work certain hours.

Maybe I should run my business like a liberal and just fire people that can't work the hours I tell them too... Like CC would do.

Or stop lying. Lol

You are assuming that all people want the same standard of living you want. You also assume they make no income off the black market economy.
Some people are shut out of attaining the standard by forces largely beyond their control. A lack of jobs for instance. You are automatically ascribing sinister motives and alternatives to honest people trapped in a market that no longer provides a ladder from poverty into the middle class. In fact, that market no longer provides a ladder up through the middle class.

The market does provide it, what it doesn't provide is an instant middle class existence without either 1) hard work or 2) an education. or 3) time. We are talking <10% unemployment here, not 30%. If you want to find A job you can find one, you just might not find THE job.

And making poor life decisions does not constitute "forces beyond your control"
The middle class jobs that USED to be here in the Rust Belt are gone, and gone forever. New jobs have not replaced the old middle class jobs. Once, one could graduate high school, get a job in a mill or pottery or refractory and be set. That individual could buy a house, a car, raise a family and have a little left over for retirement. But today, there are no longer those opportunities for a pathway to middle class contentment.

Flipping burgers, cleaning hotel rooms, cashiering at a convenience store are not the types of jobs necessary to sustain a vibrant middle class. And a vibrant middle class is necessary to sustain the American economy.

Holding two, three, four jobs and working 45, 50, 70 hours a week is not the way to build healthy families.

Or stop lying. Lol

He hires people who cant work the hours! Hes a smart business man! :badgrin:

When lying goes wrong...

Some people yes.

My sister was on welfare and got two jobs to get off, her oldest son ask her why she was working so hard and she told him to make ends meet. he said why? You can just collect money from the State and not work.

That is a family attitude among some people.

Some people are shut out of attaining the standard by forces largely beyond their control. A lack of jobs for instance. You are automatically ascribing sinister motives and alternatives to honest people trapped in a market that no longer provides a ladder from poverty into the middle class. In fact, that market no longer provides a ladder up through the middle class.

The market does provide it, what it doesn't provide is an instant middle class existence without either 1) hard work or 2) an education. or 3) time. We are talking <10% unemployment here, not 30%. If you want to find A job you can find one, you just might not find THE job.

The middle class jobs that USED to be here in the Rust Belt are gone, and gone forever. New jobs have not replaced the old middle class jobs. Once, one could graduate high school, get a job in a mill or pottery or refractory and be set. That individual could buy a house, a car, raise a family and have a little left over for retirement. But today, there are no longer those opportunities for a pathway to middle class contentment.

Flipping burgers, cleaning hotel rooms, cashiering at a convenience store are not the types of jobs necessary to sustain a vibrant middle class. And a vibrant middle class is necessary to sustain the American economy.

Holding two, three, four jobs and working 45, 50, 70 hours a week is not the way to build healthy families.

LOL you just admitted people adjust the hours of their burger-flipping jobs and such so as to remain eligible for free goodies.
those jobs may not be great to build "healthy families" but since when was that the goal?
lots of people in the past worked whatever job they can find to get where they wanted to be. thanks for making the point for the other side

Or stop lying. Lol

When lying goes wrong...

Super smart.

he didnt say that leftardz; he hires people and adjusts their hours for their availability. only a left-wing loser could get that wrong; or try to put te employer's flexibility in a bad light

When lying goes wrong...

Super smart.

he didnt say that leftardz; he hires people and adjusts their hours for their availability. only a left-wing loser could get that wrong; or try to put te employer's flexibility in a bad light

Huh?

LOL you just admitted people adjust the hours of their burger-flipping jobs and such so as to remain eligible for free goodies.
those jobs may not be great to build "healthy families" but since when was that the goal?
lots of people in the past worked whatever job they can find to get where they wanted to be. thanks for making the point for the other side
You have just relinquished your right to bitch about the state of the American family. You have further relinquished any claim to bitch about the state of the American economy.

If you think that working four crappy jobs is the equivalent of working one good job, you have no regard for anything like families and our economy at large.

You have just relinquished your right to bitch about the state of the American family. You have further relinquished any claim to bitch about the state of the American economy.

If you think that working four crappy jobs is the equivalent of working one good job, you have no regard for anything like families and our economy at large.

i havent relinguished anything you dolt; you losers keep forgeting you are in charge and have been the overall majority of the Government for going on 8 straight years

i havent relinguished anything you dolt; you losers keep forgeting you are in charge and have been the overall majority of the Government for going on 8 straight years

and i didnt say that either. geesh you left-winger idiots and your straw men./ i'm saying one crappy job; or even two; and a package of welfare benefits that can be worth tens of thousands of dollars a year; can make for a comfortable life

and i didnt say that either. geesh you left-winger idiots and your straw men./ i'm saying one crappy job; or even two; and a package of welfare benefits that can be worth tens of thousands of dollars a year; can make for a comfortable life

Huh?

I wasn't aware that the economic crisis began after Obama was sworn in! I thought that in 2007 and 2008 the bottom began to fall out.

Forum List

Back