Does welfare make people lazy?

Thanks for proving my point... They work just enough to keep them on welfare, it's the logical thing to do....

Fucking seriously, the democratic party is now the party of stupid.

Can you explain how your logic of "Welfare is a disincentive to work" translates to "Welfare recipients work."?

I did, but like I said the Democratic party is the party of stupid and you happen to be in that camp.

Again, people work just enough to remain on welfare... It makes them more money than working full time or it simply gets them enough to "get by" without working very much.

This is common sense, like... Your position is near that of denying evolution or gravity.

No it doesn't. In order to stay on TANF you have to make pretty much nothing, and if you do earn money they pro rate it. How much do you think you would get if pro rate 357 bucks?
The problem is, morons like you know nothing about TANF, you don't even know enough to call it TANF. Or the fact unless you have medical reason you have to 40hrs of job search every day and turn in a log every day. In Washington State the first two weeks are spent going to modules learning skills to help you find a job, four times a week.

You claim quite a bit but you have nothing to back it up. Working 15hrs a week and only getting about 150 from TANF isn't making more if you worked full time.
So unless you want to post something that is based in reality, shut the fuck up.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

What a dumbass question. Of course it does.

Why in hell would anyone want to go out and get a job when someone elses money is paying the bills??

Why in hell would someone actually want to work for a living when a living is being provided for them??

Why in hell would someone want to get off the gravy train when someone else is pulling it for em??
If the bills are paid. If a 'living' is provided. You suppose that food stamps and welfare checks amount to a substantial enough income to save for a house, make all the monthly bills, set a table with meals for everyone every day, pay medical expenses, buy clothing and provide all the comforts of home prior to the loss of the primary wage earner's job?

That's the misconception those who would argue from anecdote about those on public assistance. In reality, nothing could be further from the truth. But convince those without basic human mercy.

simply idiotic. a package of welfare benefits can be worth tens of thousands of dollars per year. if you have Section 8 you can work and still pay less for rent; MUCH LESS than your neighbor does. if you dont think there are LOTS of people doin just that; have in others pull the load; you are a gullible idiot. you can rant all day if it makes you feel good about how "without basic human mercy" others are; but it wont change the facts.

Government programs like LBJ's "great society" tore Black families apart and today about 80% of Black men take no responsibility for fatherhood. Of course lefties don't want to deal with it it so they create inane arguments about welfare/laziness just to avoid talking about the abject failure of the Hussein administration and the fact that unemployment among Black men is close to 20%.

Why in hell would anyone want to go out and get a job when someone elses money is paying the bills??

Why in hell would someone actually want to work for a living when a living is being provided for them??

Why in hell would someone want to get off the gravy train when someone else is pulling it for em??
If the bills are paid. If a 'living' is provided. You suppose that food stamps and welfare checks amount to a substantial enough income to save for a house, make all the monthly bills, set a table with meals for everyone every day, pay medical expenses, buy clothing and provide all the comforts of home prior to the loss of the primary wage earner's job?

That's the misconception those who would argue from anecdote about those on public assistance. In reality, nothing could be further from the truth. But convince those without basic human mercy.

You are assuming that all people want the same standard of living you want. You also assume they make no income off the black market economy.

And you assume a lot about people you don't know.

Here's the relevant question.....Would you rather pay $15k per year to keep a single mother and her two kids on welfare....or would you rather pay $120k per year to keep her and her kids in prison? Mom gets thrown off welfare, has to get a job(which don't even exist), that doesn't even pay the bills. So she deals drugs, gets thrown in prison. Kids don't have a mom, so they end up dealing drugs, or in an orphanage. Don't ya just love the con solutions?

You are assuming that all people want the same standard of living you want. You also assume they make no income off the black market economy.
Some people are shut out of attaining the standard by forces largely beyond their control. A lack of jobs for instance. You are automatically ascribing sinister motives and alternatives to honest people trapped in a market that no longer provides a ladder from poverty into the middle class. In fact, that market no longer provides a ladder up through the middle class.

Everyone knows that the real lazy people are on disability and not unemployment.

Can you explain how your logic of "Welfare is a disincentive to work" translates to "Welfare recipients work."?

I did, but like I said the Democratic party is the party of stupid and you happen to be in that camp.

Again, people work just enough to remain on welfare... It makes them more money than working full time or it simply gets them enough to "get by" without working very much.

This is common sense, like... Your position is near that of denying evolution or gravity.

No it doesn't. In order to stay on TANF you have to make pretty much nothing, and if you do earn money they pro rate it. How much do you think you would get if pro rate 357 bucks?
The problem is, morons like you know nothing about TANF, you don't even know enough to call it TANF. Or the fact unless you have medical reason you have to 40hrs of job search every day and turn in a log every day. In Washington State the first two weeks are spent going to modules learning skills to help you find a job, four times a week.

You claim quite a bit but you have nothing to back it up. Working 15hrs a week and only getting about 150 from TANF isn't making more if you worked full time.
So unless you want to post something that is based in reality, shut the fuck up.

I know people on welfare, I know they get food stamps, I know they get help with child care and living... And yet their spouse can make over 100k a year. You know nothing.

=============================================
\
you dont know what you're talking about as usual. come to the projects; see the new cars; Lexus, Infinity...etc.
TANF is just one part of the welfare equation. you have houses where one is on welfare and food stamps; gets Section 8; somebody else with a job that isnt supposed to be there is living there for free on the government; somebody else might be on food stamps....etc

I know people on welfare, I know they get food stamps, I know they get help with child care and living... And yet their spouse can make over 100k a year. You know nothing.

You are a liar. Good to know.
You can't back up your made up claims, so you lie. Stupid troll.

RW does not welfare to go away or he would have no job.

Huh?

RW makes money off the tax payers not working, well over 200k... His job would not exist without Government stealing money from productive people to over pay him. That is welfare. RW admits this, it was a moment of weakness when he felt bragging about making massive money while doing near nothing would impress my wife.

Read my sig!

Thanks for proving my point... They work just enough to keep them on welfare, it's the logical thing to do....

Fucking seriously, the democratic party is now the party of stupid.

Again you dont seem to realize that not working means not working. "Not working" doesnt mean "working just enough" no matter how many times you try to make it the same. Its not.

If they work then the idea that welfare makes people uninterested in working is false. Maybe you mean welfare makes people work "just enough"?

Either way, when you get a job, you get a schedule. Cant work the schedule you get canned. The workers dont get to decide to work "just enough to get welfare" since that is determined somewhere else also.

You have this fantasy where people know the exact amount to earn to stay on welfare. :badgrin: How do you know? You dont know you just nkow

Some people are shut out of attaining the standard by forces largely beyond their control. A lack of jobs for instance. You are automatically ascribing sinister motives and alternatives to honest people trapped in a market that no longer provides a ladder from poverty into the middle class. In fact, that market no longer provides a ladder up through the middle class.

The market does provide it, what it doesn't provide is an instant middle class existence without either 1) hard work or 2) an education. or 3) time. We are talking <10% unemployment here, not 30%. If you want to find A job you can find one, you just might not find THE job.

And making poor life decisions does not constitute "forces beyond your control"

the only liar is you. there are so many on food stamps that dont need them you can get 2 for 1 on the streets. give somebody $100 and you can get $200 dollars worth of food charged to that persons EBT

PEOPLE ARE USING food stamps to put food into barells and send them to Haiti, the Dominican Republican, Jamaica...etc
libs are losers who lie to themselves

Here's the relevant question.....Would you rather pay $15k per year to keep a single mother and her two kids on welfare....or would you rather pay $120k per year to keep her and her kids in prison? Mom gets thrown off welfare, has to get a job(which don't even exist), that doesn't even pay the bills. So she deals drugs, gets thrown in prison. Kids don't have a mom, so they end up dealing drugs, or in an orphanage. Don't ya just love the con solutions?

How about she doesn't have the 2 kids to start with when she isn't married or at least with someone to spread the economic burden?

You win, we have more people UE and on welfare because UE benefits and welfare are proven to help get people off UE and welfare....

Yes, we are all wrong and you are correct. What we need to do is *keep* expanding UE benefits and welfare and really really really hope the growing amount of poor people slows down, that the growing number of UE people goes down... and that the growing number of people on welfare goes down.

Forum List

Back