Dog Dies on United Flight After Attendent Forces It Into Overhead Bin

We've had Frenchies in our classes - they are funny clownish sweet dogs - never met one that was aggressive.

The sub breeds are all alike.
Boxers and Bulldogs in particular.

I found the Boxers to be exhuberant clowns as well :lol:

There is a beautiful brindle that lives a few blocks away, enclosed with a chain link fence and every time I pass by on my walk, it runs the fence bark, bark, bark. I've named it 'wiggles' cause that back end goes 90 miles an hour :laugh:

If it was a tiny french bulldog what actually killed it?
Unless they jammed a bunch of other bags against it so it couldnt breathe I dont see how it died?
It was in an airtight compartment, there wasn’’t enough air. The baby suffocated to death in a small pitch dark hole. I hope that birch rots in hell.

Take a close look at the overheads. They're far from airtight.

We've had Frenchies in our classes - they are funny clownish sweet dogs - never met one that was aggressive.

The sub breeds are all alike.
Boxers and Bulldogs in particular.

I found the Boxers to be exhuberant clowns as well :lol:

There is a beautiful brindle that lives a few blocks away, enclosed with a chain link fence and every time I pass by on my walk, it runs the fence bark, bark, bark. I've named it 'wiggles' cause that back end goes 90 miles an hour :laugh:

Oh they're spastic as hell in their youth!!!
upload_2018-3-13_22-27-5.png

It was in an airtight compartment, there wasn’’t enough air. The baby suffocated to death in a small pitch dark hole. I hope that birch rots in hell.

Those overhead storage areas are NOT airtight.
Link?

All you need to do is fly on an airplane a few times.
Have you ever seen the brutality those doors face when someone wants their carry on bag to fit?
They beat the shit out of em! No door that sustains that much of a beating is going to stay airtight if it ever was,which it wasnt.
Why would the airlines pay for airtight doors for luggage when the compartments are already in a pressurised cabin?
That would be a ridiculous expense with no purpose.

Where was the owner? If that were my dog, I never would have allowed that and would have known the laws and been prepared. But then, I'd never put an animal through that (even proper storage) unless we were moving permanently to a new location, and it was too distant to drive. The airline was totally stupid as usual, but the owner killed the pet by allowing it to be stuffed up there and left. Ultimately, it is the owner's responsibility to safeguard their animals.

No, you get on a plane and it is the airline's responsibility to get you and your baggage to your destination safe and sound.

That airline is going to pay through the nose for one dead pet.
This is an absolutely disgusting event. I flew many times with my cat. You take the animal on board in a carrier that fits under the seat in front of you. You pay for it as extra baggage. There is no way I would have allowed my animal to be put in the overhead bin. They would have to kick me off the plane before I stood for that. However, I don't blame the passenger. She was pobably bullied by the flight attendent and had two kids to deal with at the same time. I hope the flight attendent is fired and the dog owner sues the fuck out of the airline.

I am wondering why no one else on the plane objected. They could hear the dog barking. What the hell is wrong with those people?

Last edited:
Where was the owner? If that were my dog, I never would have allowed that and would have known the laws and been prepared. But then, I'd never put an animal through that (even proper storage) unless we were moving permanently to a new location, and it was too distant to drive. The airline was totally stupid as usual, but the owner killed the pet by allowing it to be stuffed up there and left. Ultimately, it is the owner's responsibility to safeguard their animals.

I agree. No way would any dog of mine be put in an overhead bin especially since he was in an airline approved crate.

The owners stupidity cost her and her family a valued pet.

People can bring their annoying kids on a plane yet dogs have to be put in the cargo bin.

Doesn't seem right.

Facebook post about what happened
June Lara
Today, I boarded my first United Airlines flight.

On my way, I saw a Frenchie that looked identical to my own precious Winston. He was with his family - a young girl, no older than 8, her toddler sibling and their mother. He was meant to grow, learn, cry, play with those young children and be their furry friend. He was meant to live a long life filling that family's days with that special joy that only a dog can bring.

I sat behind the family of three and thought myself lucky - who doesn't when they get to sit near a puppy? However, the flight attendants of flight UA1284 felt that the innocent animal was better off crammed inside the overhead container without air and water. They INSISTED that the puppy be locked up for three hours without any kind of airflow. They assured the safety of the family's pet so wearily, the mother agreed.

There was no sound as we landed and opened his kennel. There was no movement as his family called his name. I held her baby as the mother attempted to resuscitate their 10 month old puppy. I cried with them three minutes later as she sobbed over his lifeless body. My heart broke with theirs as I realized he was gone.

The Humane Society of the U.S. says air travel can be risky for pets and especially dangerous for brachycephalic breeds — such as pugs or bulldogs, whose short nasal passages make them vulnerable to oxygen deprivation and heat stroke. This little guy fought hard for his life, filling our flight with his cries until he finally ran out of breath. United Airlines does not care about the safety of their furry travelers. This poor family paid $125 for their pet to be murdered in front of them. There is no excuse for the pain this family is suffering.

Today, I boarded my last United Airlines flight.

R.I.P Papacito

June Lara

On my way, I saw a Frenchie that looked identical to my own precious Winston. He was with his family - a young girl, no older than 8, her toddler sibling and their mother. He was meant to grow, learn, cry, play with those young children and be their furry friend. He was meant to live a long life filling that family's days with that special joy that only a dog can bring.

I sat behind the family of three and thought myself lucky - who doesn't when they get to sit near a puppy? However, the flight attendants of flight UA1284 felt that the innocent animal was better off crammed inside the overhead container without air and water. They INSISTED that the puppy be locked up for three hours without any kind of airflow. They assured the safety of the family's pet so wearily, the mother agreed.

There was no sound as we landed and opened his kennel. There was no movement as his family called his name. I held her baby as the mother attempted to resuscitate their 10 month old puppy. I cried with them three minutes later as she sobbed over his lifeless body. My heart broke with theirs as I realized he was gone.

The Humane Society of the U.S. says air travel can be risky for pets and especially dangerous for brachycephalic breeds — such as pugs or bulldogs, whose short nasal passages make them vulnerable to oxygen deprivation and heat stroke. This little guy fought hard for his life, filling our flight with his cries until he finally ran out of breath. United Airlines does not care about the safety of their furry travelers. This poor family paid $125 for their pet to be murdered in front of them. There is no excuse for the pain this family is suffering.

R.I.P Papacito

Oh God - it’s dreadful. Poor little dog.

Those overhead storage areas are NOT airtight.
Link?

All you need to do is fly on an airplane a few times.
Have you ever seen the brutality those doors face when someone wants their carry on bag to fit?
They beat the shit out of em! No door that sustains that much of a beating is going to stay airtight if it ever was,which it wasnt.
Why would the airlines pay for airtight doors for luggage when the compartments are already in a pressurised cabin?
That would be a ridiculous expense with no purpose.
Let’s just say I’m wrong and then say it’s obvious the dog didn’t have four hours worth of breathable air.

June Lara

R.I.P Papacito

:cry:

Forum List

Back