Dogs refuse to eat vegan "meat"...

Calling someone a carcass eater is a perjorative.

look it up.

That's because you are a sock puppet.
LOL! No, calling someone a carcass eater is what they are, carcass eaters. If we're eating dead bodies we are eating carcasses. If we're eating dead animals, the carcass or body of the animal is dead, and we are then eating carcasses so thus caucus eaters.

Plants respond to stimuli. But they do not have a nervous system. It is impossible for them to feel pain.

Wrong again. It's amazing how little you know about plants. Plants HAVE a central nervous system, it is just different from ours. They communicate, they have memory, they COUNT, they have reactions to music and other stimuli. In other words, plants DO think.

Calling someone a carcass eater is a perjorative.

look it up.

That's because you are a sock puppet.

I try to be civil in debates on this and other topics as well, but sometimes bluntness is necessary. That post you are talking about wasn't even to you, it was to someone who himself is very blunt (in general) so I figured he has a thick skin. YOU took it personally even though it wasn't even posted to you.

But as Kathy said, it's a true statement. I mean, you ARE eating a carcass, a dead body. Yes, I know it sounds bad, but I really believe that sometimes euphemisms are a way of hiding truth from people.

For example, in the abortion debate, when people say they are "pro-choice" which is a euphemism for supporting the so-called "right" to kill a preborn baby.

Sometimes it's good to challenge euphemisms, and that is exactly what the word meat is, it sounds nice because most people don't connect it with the animal they are eating.

LOL! No, calling someone a carcass eater is what they are, carcass eaters. If we're eating dead bodies we are eating carcasses. If we're eating dead animals, the carcass or body of the animal is dead, and we are then eating carcasses so thus caucus eaters.

Suuuuuuure thing.

Exactly. Plants TOO experience pain, and have feelings. But vegans ignore those facts because the plants are immobile for the most part. But experiment after experiment has proven that plants react to music, to speaking to them, if you praise them they grow, if you curse them they wilt. We talk to our plants and we have fantastic plant growth. Far better than our neighbors.

We have ferns that are 18 years old. One of them was left outside in the winter one time and we thought we had lost it, but we nursed it back to health. We kept encouraging it and it bounced back. But it was touch and go.

As an aside, there has been some incredible stuff found out about how trees communicate through their roots and micro organisms in the soul. It is absolutely incredible!
Yet...here you. arrogantly eating dead plant carcasses.

Exactly. Plants TOO experience pain, and have feelings. But vegans ignore those facts because the plants are immobile for the most part. But experiment after experiment has proven that plants react to music, to speaking to them, if you praise them they grow, if you curse them they wilt. We talk to our plants and we have fantastic plant growth. Far better than our neighbors.

We have ferns that are 18 years old. One of them was left outside in the winter one time and we thought we had lost it, but we nursed it back to health. We kept encouraging it and it bounced back. But it was touch and go.

As an aside, there has been some incredible stuff found out about how trees communicate through their roots and micro organisms in the soul. It is absolutely incredible!
Wrong again. It's amazing how little you know about plants. Plants HAVE a central nervous system, it is just different from ours. They communicate, they have memory, they COUNT, they have reactions to music and other stimuli. In other words, plants DO think.

Yet...here you. arrogantly eating dead plant carcasses.

Plants are truly amazing. Pando is the oldest, and largest living organism in the world.

So do elephants. Smart critters do. I don't care.
And therein lies the problem.

You don't like that vegans actually respond when someone starts a thread mocking vegans. Maybe just mind your own business?

You know, if an abortionist (we have many here) started a thread mocking prolifers, would you be upset if prolifers put them in their place?

I try to be civil in debates on this and other topics as well, but sometimes bluntness is necessary. That post you are talking about wasn't even to you, it was to someone who himself is very blunt (in general) so I figured he has a thick skin. YOU took it personally even though it wasn't even posted to you.

But as Kathy said, it's a true statement. I mean, you ARE eating a carcass, a dead body. Yes, I know it sounds bad, but I really believe that sometimes euphemisms are a way of hiding truth from people.

For example, in the abortion debate, when people say they are "pro-choice" which is a euphemism for supporting the so-called "right" to kill a preborn baby.

Sometimes it's good to challenge euphemisms, and that is exactly what the word meat is, it sounds nice because most people don't connect it with the animal they are eating.

Wrong, I didn't take it personally. I was trying to help you with your argumentation style. I don't care what people call me. I never have. But if you wish to engage people in philosophical discussion, calling them names is going to put you at an immediate disadvantage.

Not all animal products are from factory farm operations. And not all vegans are ethical animal lovers. I think it is this judgemental quality that turns people off.

Well, that is your prerogative.
Actually, statistically speaking, 98% of what you find in the grocery stores of our food
Not all animal products are from factory farm operations. And not all vegans are ethical animal lovers. I think it is this judgemental quality that turns people off.

Well, that is your prerogative.
Actually, statistically speaking, almost all of our food comes from factory farms. In most of our mainstream grocery stores anyway, the likes of Cub foods etc. To find alternatives one has to diligently seek them out. Plus the industry discourages small farming it makes it very difficult for them to survive. Small farms who want to practice sound animal husbandry are under extreme pressure not to be able to do so, and to conform to industry standards. I don't hear any judgmental qualities in any of these statements. These are just facts. And no one is judging meat eaters. I don't hear that here at all. I do hear and see truth being pointed out, that when we eat them we are participating in a very cruel system. This is just a fact. And there comes a time in our lives when we have to ask ourselves if participating in these cruel systems is against our values. And if it's against our values, in other words if we wouldn't be able to treat animals, even animals we might eat, the way the industry does, then why are we participating in this system? Do we not care the animals suffer in such cruel ways? We are truly responsible for all our actions, even those actions that might not be explicit, but implicit. We live in a world where it is nearly impossible to be totally self-sufficient anymore. Our society is built in a way where having our food produced for us, having our clothing produced for us, and on and on it goes. In fact these things are so controlled by the government and other systems that are in place that we cannot do these things ourselves in many cases, take the small farm example, they are so regulated it's impossible for them almost to stay in business, they are forced to get bigger get out. In fact that was the motto that was used back when factory farming began.

And therein lies the problem.

You don't like that vegans actually respond when someone starts a thread mocking vegans. Maybe just mind your own business?

You know, if an abortionist (we have many here) started a thread mocking prolifers, would you be upset if prolifers put them in their place?

No. Once again, I DON'T CARE! I think anyone who hurls insults is a loser, not because they hurt my feelings, but because they don't have either good arguments, or are sucky debators. I have a PhD in geology. I am a scientist, we have knock down, drag out discussions when we get going on theories that are fringe. What we don't do is resort to personal insults.

Either your argument has merit, or it doesn't.

Wrong, I didn't take it personally. I was trying to help you with your argumentation style. I don't care what people call me. I never have. But if you wish to engage people in philosophical discussion, calling them names is going to put you at an immediate disadvantage.

Thanks, but again, sometimes in debates like this euphemisms need to be done away with. I don't do that all the time, it depends on the conversation, but sometimes a dose of reality is needed.

What you *won't* find me doing is constantly calling people "scum" or other hateful names just because they have different political views, as some on this thread do. Those people who constantly name-call and have a very hateful tribalistic mindset need to look at themselves in the mirror, because their condemnation on this thread is hollow and the height of hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back