Doing The Right Thing: Trump Signals Medical Marijuana Fight

Heroin is from a simple plant too.

We will not survive as a nation of stoners. Rather than fight a losing battle over drug addiction, the president should exercise leadership and prepare the nation for a worthless future.

Heroin is processed from a simple plant. The plant is the opium poppy.
Cannabis is not processed --- it IS the plant. And it has no "addiction".

Now shoot yourself in the face for being a wackball.
Everyone truly believes they can stop using pot any time they want. They just don't. They are addicts. They really cannot function. Pot addicts like all addicts surely believe they can function normally.

BS.

Why do you insist on representing yourself as an authority about every subject and issue?

I'll bet you believe other posters believe you impossible lies that you're a medical doctor, a lawyer AND a dog washer.

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
You made it up. Then like all democrats cling to your own lies. You're an example of how drugs affect a brain. Yours is mush. Stop lying.

Oh wait.

You're a Democrat. You can't.

If you think dems are the only party that uses marijuana daily or every once in a while you are sadly mistaken. I know judges, attorneys, doctor's and very successful executives that smoke it.
Thank you. I know some of those as well. It's a great tool for quickly achieving a relaxed state without the risks and after effects of alcohol use. I can competently operate a vehicle mildly stoned but would never drive after more than two drinks.

Pot permanently damages developing brains and can result in psychosis in adult life. This is the greatest danger of pot use. It impairs judgment so that the user thinks that giving pot to young children is harmless.

Pot might to to this country what khat has done to Yemen.
That's why I am in favor of people growing it for personal use in back yard. But don't drive while high, or go to work high. Hell I make my own brew, I just don't drink and drive or go to work smashed.

It's a fight he cannot possibly win. The momentum is on the side of the voices to legalize even more. What he should do is start preparing the nation and the people for a county failing under the weight of addictions.
Legalize it. But you have to grow your own. Shut down border with Mexico and get drug lords out of business. Make sure every state has roadside test for driving under influence. Allow employers to test during workday.
Can't do testing during the workday. Pot stays in the system up to 30 days. You smoke in the evening, it's still in your system, although no longer affecting you, the next day at work.

It's a fight he cannot possibly win. The momentum is on the side of the voices to legalize even more. What he should do is start preparing the nation and the people for a county failing under the weight of addictions.
Legalize it. But you have to grow your own. Shut down border with Mexico and get drug lords out of business. Make sure every state has roadside test for driving under influence. Allow employers to test during workday.

What sort of test would this be? Reflex test?

Because that's exactly what applies to your next sentence.

Heroin is processed from a simple plant. The plant is the opium poppy.
Cannabis is not processed --- it IS the plant. And it has no "addiction".

Now shoot yourself in the face for being a wackball.
Everyone truly believes they can stop using pot any time they want. They just don't. They are addicts. They really cannot function. Pot addicts like all addicts surely believe they can function normally.

BS.

Why do you insist on representing yourself as an authority about every subject and issue?

I'll bet you believe other posters believe you impossible lies that you're a medical doctor, a lawyer AND a dog washer.

[emoji23]

You made it up. Then like all democrats cling to your own lies. You're an example of how drugs affect a brain. Yours is mush. Stop lying.

Oh wait.

If you think dems are the only party that uses marijuana daily or every once in a while you are sadly mistaken. I know judges, attorneys, doctor's and very successful executives that smoke it.
Thank you. I know some of those as well. It's a great tool for quickly achieving a relaxed state without the risks and after effects of alcohol use. I can competently operate a vehicle mildly stoned but would never drive after more than two drinks.
You should never operate a vehicle under the influence of anything.

Pot permanently damages developing brains and can result in psychosis in adult life. This is the greatest danger of pot use. It impairs judgment so that the user thinks that giving pot to young children is harmless.

Pot might to to this country what khat has done to Yemen.
Medical marijuana helps people with cancer and epilepsy no matter their ages. Just take the THC out of it.

Swab...saliva. They got such test. Just as they have roadside breathalyzer for booze.

I'd agree with that. I'd much rather trust my own home grown. Some employer's will drug test but leave out if positive for marijuana. For instance, my wife works at an assisted living facility owned by 2 doctor's, pharmacist and a pastor. Dont' know where the pastor got the money, but anyway they do random drug testing and have told them if marijuana shows they don't care because they understand people use it for pain, but anything else shows up they are fired. My employer don't test but if they did would have to fire most of the staff and the owner.

It's upside down insanity. At a time when cigarette smokers risk arrest for smoking in a public park there is a movement sanctioned by some politicians (mostly democrats) to legalize marijuana. The government has been campaigning against cigarette smoking and so-called 2nd hand smoke for decades and yet they want to legalize the noxious smoke from marijuana cigarettes. No parent in their right mind (including stoned out pot heads) would want their child to start using an entry level drug but yet they want to legalize the stuff. Not every pot smoker becomes a heroin user but every heroin user was a pot smoker. Ever see the movies with Cheech and Chong? The stoned out pot head characters aren't exaggerated that much.

Cops to Get ‘Potalyzers’ for Roadside Marijuana Tests – High Times

It would be foolish to take on that battle. He doesn't have the political capital to Waste. Let's see,him do something with the BOcare, taxes, jobs and border control, you know, the issues he ran on.
Why are Republicans opposed to marijuana? Legalized, it makes lots of money, brings in tax revenue, creates jobs. The People are already smoking it, so what will change except that it's legal and contributing to the legal economy instead of the Mexican cartels?

Being in the middle of it here in Colorado, here are a few things that have changed- more people will use it, much higher potency will be available, more will overdose especially with edibles. It's not all rosy, and many things need to be refined in dealing with it as a legal drug.
Our state just made recreational use legal, but it was a very close vote and the powers that be have managed to delay the implementation of its sale for a year. I worry most about the edibles because of little ones getting into them. Can't potency be regulated same as 100 proof alcohol?

Yes it can be regulated. It's just like today a child can and will get into parent's liquor cabinets. It's called responsible parenting. You can hide marijuana much easier that a big bottle of Jack.
A two or three year old would have a hard time with the bottle cap on the Jack, and one whiff would probably convince them NOT to drink it, or at least spit it out. Whereas an 18 month old would have no trouble grabbing a cookie or a gummy bear and eating it without a clue. Your other point, about responsible parenting? Get real.

Well you're right about the cap. But if you're saying someone who uses marijuana can't be a responsible parent I'd have to disagree with you. My kids never knew I or their mother smoked marijuana until they were in their mid 30's. Neither one of them smoke or eat it and disagree with me.

I'd agree with that. I'd much rather trust my own home grown. Some employer's will drug test but leave out if positive for marijuana. For instance, my wife works at an assisted living facility owned by 2 doctor's, pharmacist and a pastor. Dont' know where the pastor got the money, but anyway they do random drug testing and have told them if marijuana shows they don't care because they understand people use it for pain, but anything else shows up they are fired. My employer don't test but if they did would have to fire most of the staff and the owner.
This kind of test. Not urine or hair. If you cook out in your back yard and get stoned, that's away from work and on your time. Work must test for impared ability. It is a liability issue. Work safety.

Can't do testing during the workday. Pot stays in the system up to 30 days. You smoke in the evening, it's still in your system, although no longer affecting you, the next day at work.

That's another reason pee tests are such colossal bullshit that need to be abolished yesterday. Completely aside from being a blatant disregard of the Fourth Amendment, it's bullshit reasoning. If employers were truly interested in "workplace safety", all they'd need to do would be to administer a simple reflex-timing test. It would cost next to nothing, it would produce results in literally seconds, and it would flag any worker who's under par whether it's from cannabis..... fatigue/lack of sleep...... alcohol or alcohol hangover..... distraction from their personal life......... oncoming illness even one the worker may not be aware of .... or any other reason.

IF they were actually looking for worker safety. But of course that's not what they're after --- they're after ABC --- Authoritarian Behavior Control. They see an opportunity to play the role of Big Brother and they want a piece of it.

That's why every citizen should stand up for his/her Fourth Amendment right and flatly refuse to give 'em the inch they want while they drool over the mile they'll get. People need to quit rolling over for this intrusive shit.

The drug test I always used for potential employees, ask them how many roaches are needed to re-roll a joint...

That's another reason pee tests are such colossal bullshit that need to be abolished yesterday. Completely aside from being a blatant disregard of the Fourth Amendment, it's bullshit reasoning. If employers were truly interested in "workplace safety", all they'd need to do would be to administer a simple reflex-timing test. It would cost next to nothing, it would produce results in literally seconds, and it would flag any worker who's under par whether it's from cannabis..... fatigue/lack of sleep...... alcohol or alcohol hangover..... distraction from their personal life......... oncoming illness even one the worker may not be aware of .... or any other reason.

IF they were actually looking for worker safety. But of course that's not what they're after --- they're after ABC --- Authoritarian Behavior Control. They see an opportunity to play the role of Big Brother and they want a piece of it.

That's why every citizen should stand up for his/her Fourth Amendment right and flatly refuse to give 'em the inch they want while they drool over the mile they'll get. People need to quit rolling over for this intrusive shit.
The legal aspect that is claimed for pee test not violating the 4th is: You are freely giving up the urine, they just want a little sample...

Again...they soon will have a test they can administer during workday. Should not be drunk or high at work.

BS.

[emoji23]

Oh wait.

You should never operate a vehicle under the influence of anything.

Yep, even cell phones.

Being mildly stoned is not the same as drinking. My blood pressure meds can make me drowsy but I still need to be able to drive.
Probably half the people on the road at any given time are under the influence of something.

--- and then shoot 'em all in the face, right?

Member that shit?
As long as they are shot, whether it's in the face doesn't mean much. A head shot is the cleanest and least painful.
yea like you know....give us a break with your bullshit....

Why are Republicans opposed to marijuana? Legalized, it makes lots of money, brings in tax revenue, creates jobs. The People are already smoking it, so what will change except that it's legal and contributing to the legal economy instead of the Mexican cartels?

Being in the middle of it here in Colorado, here are a few things that have changed- more people will use it, much higher potency will be available, more will overdose especially with edibles. It's not all rosy, and many things need to be refined in dealing with it as a legal drug.
Our state just made recreational use legal, but it was a very close vote and the powers that be have managed to delay the implementation of its sale for a year. I worry most about the edibles because of little ones getting into them. Can't potency be regulated same as 100 proof alcohol?

Yes it can be regulated. It's just like today a child can and will get into parent's liquor cabinets. It's called responsible parenting. You can hide marijuana much easier that a big bottle of Jack.
A two or three year old would have a hard time with the bottle cap on the Jack, and one whiff would probably convince them NOT to drink it, or at least spit it out. Whereas an 18 month old would have no trouble grabbing a cookie or a gummy bear and eating it without a clue. Your other point, about responsible parenting? Get real.

Well you're right about the cap. But if you're saying someone who uses marijuana can't be a responsible parent I'd have to disagree with you. My kids never knew I or their mother smoked marijuana until they were in their mid 30's. Neither one of them smoke or eat it and disagree with me.
Oh, no, I'm not saying they CAN'T be, I'm just saying some aren't. We can't trust kids' safety to the wish and hope that all parents are responsible all the time.

Forum List

Back