DOJ charges Chinese nationals with 'extensive' hacking, stealing from tech companies, government age

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
The usual suspects.

Found this story on Fox and BBC, but not on CBC or CNN. Huh.

Update: Haha, minutes later they have an article (which they took from AP), maybe they are listening!

DOJ charges Chinese nationals with 'extensive' hacking, stealing from tech companies, government agencies

The Department of Justice has charged two Chinese nationals with an extensive hacking campaign the U.S. government says went on for approximately 12 years and affected 45 tech companies and government agencies all across the country.

The case, filed Thursday morning, alleges that defendants Zhu Hua and Zang Shilong, were members of a group known as "Advanced Persistent Threat 10" (APT 10) and acted on behalf of China's main intelligence agency.

The industries affected span a wide spectrum, ranging from pharmaceuticals, oil and gas and communications technology, among several others. "Throughout the Technology Theft Campaign, the APT 10 Group stole hundreds of gigabytes of sensitive data and targeted the computers of victim companies involved in a diverse array of commercial activity," the lawsuit reads.

Last edited:
I had the audacity to merely mention all the "Chinese" hacking over on the Ubuntu forum (in the UK) and I got nailed for being "racist" by one of the British moderators.
How utterly PC can morons get? Darwinism thrives!

I used to work in IT and still run several servers today. The amount of and tenacity of hacking from China is WAY off the charts. It's not just high value targets. The Chinese Communist government sponsors intense hacking of ALL hosts in the US because even low value targets sometimes can yield surprisingly high value information.

Last edited:
I had the audacity to merely mention all the "Chinese" hacking over on the Ubuntu forum (in the UK) and I got nailed for being "racist" by one of the British moderators.
How utterly PC can morons get? Darwinism thrives!

That's absurd. No wonder the Brits don't win anymore.

China is the global threat of the 21st century. The citizens of China are trapped in a high tech concentration camp where
they are constantly watched and what freedoms they have can be revoked in a split second.

China is the global threat of the 21st century. The citizens of China are trapped in a high tech concentration camp where
they are constantly watched and what freedoms they have can be revoked in a split second.

Until just recently nobody has cared. The efforts of Trump to call out China, as a important decision alone, make his presidency invaluable to America.

Until just recently nobody has cared. The efforts of Trump to call out China, as a important decision alone, make his presidency invaluable to America.
The actions of Trump certainly are a sharp contrast to what Bill Clinton did. Lest We Forget Chinagate, The Most Serious Scandal in US History - www.independentsentinel.com
It's unbelievable how the media kept the lid on this news. It just shows that if you climb high enough on the political ladder you can do almost anything...providing you are a democrat.

Forum List

Back