Dollar General and Five Below try a new way to fight shoplifting

There were thieves before self check-outs and there will be if they go by the wayside.
That is all true, but back in the earlier days, how much would the shoplifters actually run off with and how frequent were the shoplifting acts in general? These days, the shelves are lucky if they are not completely bone dry at the end of each day.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

There were thieves before self check-outs and there will be if they go by the wayside.
In some neighborhoods in the USA perhaps they simply need to revert back to the days before Piggly-Wiggley, the first self-service grocery store built in 1916.

Before that when you went to the store you waited in the lobby while a store clerk gathered up the items in your order and you didn't get the items until you paid for them at the counter.

Before then customers didn't have the run of the place where they could just grab items off the shelves.

Last edited:
Flash mobs are more prevelant than ever nowdays since unleashed all thru 2019-2020 to sew chaos in order to disturb President Trumps improving country. The Obidens, dems and the commee-red-MSM….they own it all.

We arent talking about 13 yr old kids stealing candy bars or beer cans anymore. It is now hundreds in a pack destroying the store in 20 minutes or less.

I didn't think my local Walmart had a bad shoplifting problem. They have "greeters" with hand held scanners on both exits and then they made a twisting path with candy displays like a maze to get to the checkout counter. Either they are desperate to sell more last minute candy or it's just another glitch in life in an unlawful society.

In some neighborhoods in the USA perhaps they simply need to revert back to the days before Piggly-Wiggley, the first self-service grocery store built in 1916.

Before that when you went to the store you waited in the lobby while a store clerk gathered up the items in your order and you didn't get the items until you paid for them at the counter.

Before then customers didn't have the run of the place where they could just grab items off the shelves.

That's very interesting- I don't remember that, but I remember when I was a kidlin we'd get milk and other dairy products delivered to the front porch by the milkman.

That's very interesting- I don't remember that, but I remember when I was a kidlin we'd get milk and other dairy products delivered to the front porch by the milkman.
Do any areas of the country even still have such an arrangement? In other words, is there even such a job anymore being a milk man?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Do any areas of the country even still have such an arrangement? In other words, is there even such a job anymore being a milk man?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I don't think so, but I've been known to be wrong.

But with the popularity of these door dash and food delivery companies, they may make a comeback.

Flash mobs are more prevelant than ever nowdays since unleashed all thru 2019-2020 to sew chaos in order to disturb President Trumps improving country. The Obidens, dems and the commee-red-MSM….they own it all.

We arent talking about 13 yr old kids stealing candy bars or beer cans anymore. It is now hundreds in a pack destroying the store in 20 minutes or less.

Lol. We had flash mobs in Myrtle Beach in the 1990s.

well two more stores getting rid of self checkouts. they are hoping that it gets rid of shoplifters. im not sure that will totaly solve the problem.

Self-checkout sucks. I never use it. Why should I make the store's job easier and save them money if they are not going to give me a 5% discount on items for doing so?

When I was a kid, I stole a little pocket dictionary from a store so I could learn more words and spell better. I still have it right on the shelf in front of me.

As long as we allow criminals, druggies, and crazy people to run around freely shoplifting will never go away and cant be stopped.

Anything less than removing criminals from our society is just a compete waste of time, energy and effort.

Forum List

Back