DOMA ruled unconstitutional

Bigrednc, so you are claiming that interracial marriage was illegal in Alabama between 1967 and 2000? SCOTUS ruled it unconstitutional in 1967, but Alabama did not remove the law from the books until 2000. So, by your reckoning, all those interracial marriages were illegal?
This is between me and starkey
He likes to claim no one knows anything about the constitution, unless you agree with him. He never explains what he thinks the ninth and tenth are for he just blows people off claims victory. So let it go.

bigreb loves to tell us all what to do. :lol: I claim that he is stuck in 1800 when it comes to the Constitution. He has trouble realizing that the 9th and 10th do not apply to sodomy in the states since SCOTUS ruled otherwise. He is simply a states righter.
About that 9\th and 10 amendment question you keep dodging

Have there been any convictions after these arrests? The cops can arrest folks on any trumped up charge. The courts separate police from rogue bigoted idiots wearing badges.

When you ask are the lwas being enforced, you are really asking have there been convictions based on these arrests.

I am not arguing the point are their convictions, being arrested and booked having to go to court paying a fine is just as good as getting a conviction.

You don't have to pay fines unless you are convicted.

>>>>

But you do have to appear in court lose time from work might as well be a fine.

I am not arguing the point are their convictions, being arrested and booked having to go to court paying a fine is just as good as getting a conviction.

>>>>

Of course you are free to call it anything you want, some could call it "harrassement" - you could even call it "marriage" if you personally wanted too, but the reality is that fines are levied upon conviction. Due to Lawrence, these people have not been convicted of a crime - since no valid law exists for them to be prosecuted under. The DA's don't prosecute and even if they did the conviction would be overturned on appeal.

>>>>

Last edited:
No surprise at all.

The B in Boston stands for Butt fuck city.

Boston is one of the oldest and most prestigious cities in the United States. Home for start of our fight for freedom from tyranny and site of one of the best colleges in the world, Harvard. I can totally understand you being intimidated by such a place. Having sex at 5 is frowned on there. Where you are...not so much it would appear.

I am from the deppest deep south. I can tell you, having sex at 5 is damn sure not normal down here.

In fact, it is either perverse or molestation.

Molestation.

OR he's lying. Most of the board thinks he's lying. I should know, I started the poll. Poor guy cried so hard, they deleted both threads.

No surprise at all.

The B in Boston stands for Butt fuck city.

Boston is one of the oldest and most prestigious cities in the United States. Home for start of our fight for freedom from tyranny and site of one of the best colleges in the world, Harvard. I can totally understand you being intimidated by such a place. Having sex at 5 is frowned on there. Where you are...not so much it would appear.

I am from the deppest deep south. I can tell you, having sex at 5 is damn sure not normal down here.

Apparently it's quite the thing where Littlereb is from.

Anybody in the deep south making whoopee at 5 in the afternoon is living in isolation in an iceberg-cooled mansion or is a slave to lust in the worst (and best) ways, I guess.

I'm a fast bloomer I'm going to pull your southern pride card if you keep claiming you're southern.

Pull my southern pride card? WTF? Because I didn't start having sex as a preschooler and don't approve of lynching you think you are somehow more southern??

What you are is white trash. That has always been the bane and the joke of the south. The true southerner wants nothing to do with what you espouse.

Hint one

Hint two

The bold is the hint that the supreme court has ruled on same sex marriage.

LMAO! Thats it? That is what you were going on about?

Jeez dude, you have some issues.

My question only has a yes or no answer Not
The Supreme Court has not ruled on gay marriage per se, as of yet.
Nor
Not directly, no.

It only requires Yes or mo

Has the Supreme court made any rulings on same sex marriage?

You complain that people don't answer your questions. I can see why they don't. Just this morning you have asked me two questions which I have already answered.

This is between me and starkey
He likes to claim no one knows anything about the constitution, unless you agree with him. He never explains what he thinks the ninth and tenth are for he just blows people off claims victory. So let it go.

bigreb loves to tell us all what to do. :lol: I claim that he is stuck in 1800 when it comes to the Constitution. He has trouble realizing that the 9th and 10th do not apply to sodomy in the states since SCOTUS ruled otherwise. He is simply a states righter.
About that 9\th and 10 amendment question you keep dodging

If he answers them, you will only ask him the same questions again and again.

>>>>

Only if you are an hourly worker. The rest earn a salary that isn't effected by taking a day off.

>>>>

Only if you are an hourly worker. The rest earn a salary that isn't effected by taking a day off.

Also since you the prosecutor isn't going to prosecute an invalid law, you probably won't have to show in court anyway. Your lawyer files a motion to dismissed based on a SCOTUS precedent, and that's pretty much going to fly with the Judge.

>>>>>

I'm a fast bloomer I'm going to pull your southern pride card if you keep claiming you're southern.

Fast bloomer? I think it's more a case of everyone recognizing that you were a pussy, at a very young age.

Anybody in the deep south making whoopee at 5 in the afternoon is living in isolation in an iceberg-cooled mansion or is a slave to lust in the worst (and best) ways, I guess.

About that 9th and 10th amendment question you keep dodging.

Hey moron, why don't you quote the ninth and tenth amendments, and I'll highlight why you have your head so far up your ass.

Also since you the prosecutor isn't going to prosecute an invalid law, you probably won't have to show in court anyway. Your lawyer files a motion to dismissed based on a SCOTUS precedent, and that's pretty much going to fly with the Judge.

>>>>>
In 2008, Nelson Sloan and Ryan Flynn were arrested by the Raleigh Police Department under North Carolina's "crime against nature" statue for engaging in private, consensual, homosexual sex. The charge is considered a Class I felony in the state and carried a punishment of up to two years in prison.
“I have never been so humiliated in all my life,” Sloan said. “It’s just awful.”

The Raleigh police Captain at the time, T.D. Hardy, explained that, even though the state’s law against sodomy had been struck down by Lawrence, his department's actions were still valid:
“The law is still on the books. …What the D.A.’s office will do with it, I don’t know.” [The News & Observer, 5/25/08, via Nexis]
The Assistant District Attorney eventually decided to drop the charges against the two men, citing Lawrence. Sloan responded by noting that he had nonetheless been punished for consensual sex:

"I am grateful that the DA's office has a better understanding of the Constitution than the Raleigh Police Department," Sloan said in a prepared statement Friday. "However, as long as this law remains on the books, it is a crime punishable by an arrest, a stay in jail, media attention and a fine of $450." [The News & Observer, 5/31/08, via Nexis]
After the charges were dropped, Joe Furmick, the veteran Wake County magistrate who booked the two men, explained why he chose to continue enforcing the state’s unconstitutional "crime against nature" law:

"I couldn't care less what these guys do," he said. "I'm with the old Victorian lady who said, 'I don't care what people do as long as they don't do it in the street and scare the horses.' But you don't want me to decide which laws to enforce and which not to. My opinion shouldn't enter into it." [The News & Observer, 5/31/08, via Nexis]

Forum List

Back