DOMA ruled unconstitutional

In 2008, Nelson Sloan and Ryan Flynn were arrested by the Raleigh Police Department under North Carolina's "crime against nature" statue for engaging in private, consensual, homosexual sex. The charge is considered a Class I felony in the state and carried a punishment of up to two years in prison.

The Raleigh police Captain at the time, T.D. Hardy, explained that, even though the state’s law against sodomy had been struck down by Lawrence, his department's actions were still valid:

The Assistant District Attorney eventually decided to drop the charges against the two men, citing Lawrence. Sloan responded by noting that he had nonetheless been punished for consensual sex:

After the charges were dropped, Joe Furmick, the veteran Wake County magistrate who booked the two men, explained why he chose to continue enforcing the state’s unconstitutional "crime against nature" law:

And the DA dropped the charges just like I said because he knew the law was invalid. The fact that a Wake County individual choose to charge someone based on an unconstitutional law is a problem for Wake Country to deal with in there training program.

>>>>

Were they arrested?

Still irrelevant. Police can arrest someone for anything or nothing. Conviction shows someone is guilty of a crime.

I guess you slept thru the whole "innocent until proven guilty" part of civics class too? Not surprising.

And the DA dropped the charges just like I said because he knew the law was invalid. The fact that a Wake County individual choose to charge someone based on an unconstitutional law is a problem for Wake Country to deal with in there training program.

>>>>

Were they arrested?

Still irrelevant. Police can arrest someone for anything or nothing. Conviction shows someone is guilty of a crime.

I guess you slept thru the whole "innocent until proven guilty" part of civics class too? Not surprising.

nope don't think so.

Talk about people not being tolerant yall are just as bad as I am.

About that 9th and 10th amendment question you keep dodging.

So you can keep asking him? It seems that you continue to ask, regardless of whether you get an answer or not. He gave you a link. Try looking there. Not everyone is willing to spoonfeed you info like I have.

And I will continue to ask the troll. I don't give a fuck about any god damn link he produces I want his answer in his words.

bigreb, no one cares what you think. You got the answer you deserved.

Why were you fired from the police force? Was that in violation of the 9th and 10th Amendments.

Were they arrested?

nope don't think so.

Talk about people not being tolerant yall are just as bad as I am.

Hello?? Have you been paying attention to what you have been posting? You insist that their being arrested proves a law is valid. You advocate concentration camps for gays, and seemed cheerful about people buring homes and murdering gays.

As bad as you are? On my worst day I was not even close.

In 2008, Nelson Sloan and Ryan Flynn were arrested by the Raleigh Police Department under North Carolina's "crime against nature" statue for engaging in private, consensual, homosexual sex. The charge is considered a Class I felony in the state and carried a punishment of up to two years in prison.

The Raleigh police Captain at the time, T.D. Hardy, explained that, even though the state’s law against sodomy had been struck down by Lawrence, his department's actions were still valid:

The Assistant District Attorney eventually decided to drop the charges against the two men, citing Lawrence. Sloan responded by noting that he had nonetheless been punished for consensual sex:

After the charges were dropped, Joe Furmick, the veteran Wake County magistrate who booked the two men, explained why he chose to continue enforcing the state’s unconstitutional "crime against nature" law:

>>>>

Were they arrested?

Doesn't matter because same sex relations are legal in NC like the rest of the country,

Your opinion does not matter.

So you can keep asking him? It seems that you continue to ask, regardless of whether you get an answer or not. He gave you a link. Try looking there. Not everyone is willing to spoonfeed you info like I have.

And I will continue to ask the troll. I don't give a fuck about any god damn link he produces I want his answer in his words.

Why were you fired from the police force? Was that in violation of the 9th and 10th Amendments.
I bet he repeatedly tried to arrest someone for being gay.

It was probably for brutal force unrelated to the incident, yet once again,

Pull my southern pride card? WTF? Because I didn't start having sex as a preschooler and don't approve of lynching you think you are somehow more southern??

What you are is white trash. That has always been the bane and the joke of the south. The true southerner wants nothing to do with what you espouse.
No because you think sucking a dick or getting fucked in the ass as a male is ok.

Right. You are pissed because I have schooled you, owned you, and made a fool of you.

Lets see, which would be worse, having sex before kindergarten and approving of lynching, or being gay?

Nope, you lose.

I just had an epiphany.

/waits for Reb to look it up in the dictionary

He remembers it as a girl, when he was five - but what if it wasn't, and that's why he's all kinds of fruit loops about gays?

He claims he did arrest two men for being "queer". That might explain his departure from the force. Police Depts are much less tolerant of bullies on the force now.

The state can not legally infringe on someones civil rights.

Civil rights and Constitutional rights are two different things, one is solid and listed in the constitution and what is not listed in it is left to the states. Civil rights changes depending on how much the goverment wants to be involved in the individuals lives. Gay marriage is not a right unless the people of the state say it is so. No matter how much you wish for that to change, it wont until the people in your state says so, or until an overbearing tyrannical government changes it.

Civil rights and Constitutional rights are two different things, one is solid and listed in the constitution and what is not listed in it is left to the states. Civil rights changes depending on how much the goverment wants to be involved in the individuals lives. Gay marriage is not a right unless the people of the state say it is so. No matter how much you wish for that to change, it wont until the people in your state says so, or until an overbearing tyrannical government changes it.

The citizens can do it, the state supreme courts can do it, and the federal government can do it. The states are on notice that with the 11th tossing DOMA that the anti-gay position is crumbling,

Guess it was that damn racist, bigoted, hateful, homophobic DEMOCRAT president in 1996 that allowed DOMA to be passed...Bill Clinton.

Yes he did. He learned the time was not yet right and he bowed to political necessity. I'm sure he's laughing now and thinking "I knew it wouldn't last."

I guarantee he is laughing, just like any other progressive, they do not care about the constitution and only care about controlling the people.

He claims he did arrest two men for being "queer".
That might explain his departure from the force. Police Depts are much less tolerant of bullies on the force now.

That certainly explains his willingness to overlook the actions of bad cops.

He claims he did arrest two men for being "queer". That might explain his departure from the force. Police Depts are much less tolerant of bullies on the force now.

Yes I did. The arrest were legal and according to North Carolina law dick sucker.

What the controlling rw does not know or understand is the Constitution says is not hat the people can do but rather what the government can.

Interesting documentary being shown on FSTV (Free Speech TV network) called Blood of Patriots. Not something rw's would want to see however.

Get (pubs, rws, tb) government out of our bedrooms, out of our private lives.

I'm more than happy to be out of your bedroom and out of your private lives, as long as you stay out of my wallet to pay for things that are a result of what happened in that bedroom.

If we let them, the Rs will pass more and more laws to control our bodies as well as who we are allowed to marry.

While they say they are against Big Government, in fact they are in favor of any and all laws to control us.

The right is what Orwell meant by Big Brother.

Yep, following the constitution is such a horrible thing.

Forum List

Back