Dominionists run for highest office in US

Millions in the Pentecostal/Charismatic sector of Christianity are now actively involved in spiritual warfare networks, prayer marches, long term fasting, around the clock prayer vigils, and organized campaigns like "Reclaiming the Seven Mountains of Culture" to take control over society and government. These seven mountains are government, education, arts and entertainment, media, family, religion, and business. Youth across the country are being trained to be warriors, much like the Tribulation Force of the Left Behind series.

In Dominion! C. Peter Wagner makes a projection that the neo-Apostolics of this movement will comprise 50 percent of non-Catholic Christianity by 2025. The 2001 edition of World Christian Trends tracks the growth of these three combined waves providing an estimate of 72 million adherents worldwide in 1970, and growth to over 500 million in the year 2000
| The Rise of Charismatic Dominionism (Updated)

You mean the ones you defend? Why are YOU mad when I point out which groups target gays if you don't support that bigotry? If you're so tolerant of gay people, why don't you get mad at the bigots who call themselves "christian"?

Because you act like these groups or people are mainstream and representative of the whole and reflect how all christians feel, which is wrong. Not only is it wrong, but it's not even close to being true. I've asked you over and over again what percentage of christians do these 'groups' or 'people' represent? You talk about the very same people and the very same groups over and over and over again, and it's all the same material from years ago. They have no power, they have no following, despite your comments that their following is 'enormous'. I asked you to define enormous, and you never did that either. You misrepresent, you over exaggerate, and I point that out. It has nothing to do with defending anyone, that's only how you see it because you're so brainwashed that you can't see the issue objectively, logically, or clearly.

They are much more mainstream than you realize. The American Family Association just sponsored Rick Perry's prayer rally. They are big. They have mainstream clout, and they also have ties to this African legislation. The Charismatic Dominionists of the New Apostolic Reformation have emerged as a political force and were the organizers and leaders of Rick Perry's prayer rally to kick-off his campaign.

AFA is dominionist.

You won't open your eyes and investigate this because I think, deep down, you don't really care. You think if the US becomes a theocracy, you're not endangered because you're one of them, (they're christian, you're Christian).

This group is very narrow, and your views are broader than this. Understand, that if this group gets its way, then other Christian groups are just as vulnerable as the rest of us.

It used to be that Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell seemed like kooks. When Robertson ran for President, nobody took him real seriously. When Bush ran, it was a different story. Evangelicals swept him into office. They now pwn the GOP. Fox News gives these folks a TON of coverage.

Now we have several dominionists running for POTUS, and you go, lahdedah, about it.

No one took the Nazi's seriously when they started out in Germany either. Dominionism is a real threat to our country. We are talking about the Seven Mountains Mandate, Joel's Army, and more that I've already listed previously.

Not all Christians are dominionists, but all dominionists claim christianity.

What percentage of christians are 'dominionists'?

They are much more mainstream than you realize. The American Family Association just sponsored Rick Perry's prayer rally. They are big. They have mainstream clout, and they also have ties to this African legislation.

AFA is domionist.

You won't open your eyes and investigate this because I think, deep down, you don't really care. You think if the US becomes a theocracy, you're not endangered because you're one of them, (they're christian, you're Christian).

This group is very narrow, and your views are broader than this. Understand, that if this group gets its way, then other Christian groups are just as vulnerable as the rest of us.

Reminds me of a chat I had years ago with a night foreman. He was so full of it, and I finally exploded. "Until they start coming for short, middle-aged bald men with brown hair, eyes, a potbelly and wearing glasses, NO. You WON'T get it."

He's right, the type of Christian the AFA ascribes to is divisive and inherently sectarian. Various mainstream protestant clergy protested his little sectarianfest
Houston Clergy Council
"We also express concern that the day of prayer and fasting at Reliant Stadium is not an inclusive event. As clergy leaders in the nation’s fourth largest city, we take pride in Houston’s vibrant and diverse religious landscape. Our religious communities include Bahais, Buddhists, Christians, Hindus, Jews, Muslims, Sikhs, Unitarian Universalists, and many other faith traditions. Our city is also home to committed agnostics and atheists, with whom we share common cause as fellow Houstonians. Houston has long been known as a “live and let live” city, where all are respected and welcomed. It troubles us that the governor’s prayer event is not open to everyone. In the publicized materials, the governor has made it clear that only Christians of a particular kind are welcome to pray in a certain way. We feel that such an exclusive event does not reflect the rich tapestry of our city. "
-Followed by a long list of ministers

Because you act like these groups or people are mainstream and representative of the whole and reflect how all christians feel, which is wrong. Not only is it wrong, but it's not even close to being true. I've asked you over and over again what percentage of christians do these 'groups' or 'people' represent? You talk about the very same people and the very same groups over and over and over again, and it's all the same material from years ago. They have no power, they have no following, despite your comments that their following is 'enormous'. I asked you to define enormous, and you never did that either. You misrepresent, you over exaggerate, and I point that out. It has nothing to do with defending anyone, that's only how you see it because you're so brainwashed that you can't see the issue objectively, logically, or clearly.

They are much more mainstream than you realize. The American Family Association just sponsored Rick Perry's prayer rally. They are big. They have mainstream clout, and they also have ties to this African legislation. The Charismatic Dominionists of the New Apostolic Reformation have emerged as a political force and were the organizers and leaders of Rick Perry's prayer rally to kick-off his campaign.

AFA is dominionist.

It used to be that Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell seemed like kooks. When Robertson ran for President, nobody took him real seriously. When Bush ran, it was a different story. Evangelicals swept him into office. They now pwn the GOP. Fox News gives these folks a TON of coverage.

Now we have several dominionists running for POTUS, and you go, lahdedah, about it.

No one took the Nazi's seriously when they started out in Germany either. Dominionism is a real threat to our country. We are talking about the Seven Mountains Mandate, Joel's Army, and more that I've already listed previously.

I don't know, By 2001, it was 500 million. C Peter Wagner estimates that by 2025, 50% of all christians will be dominionist.

Reference: World Christian Trends by David Barret and Todd Johnson, published by William Carey Library Publishers, a cooperating entity with the U.S. Center for World Missions. It is an overview and analysis of the statistical information presented in the 2001 World Christian Encyclopedia, 2nd edition, published by Oxford University Press.

Last edited:
Do I think that dominionists have the political clout to pose a threat to our current way of life? No.However, the one thing that pisses me off about dominionists is this...they aren't content with controlling their own lives and behaviors. They seek to control everyone else's. That's not Christ-like.

Exactly. But, Sky can't go on and on about them without looking silly if she admits to that. She has to pretend her very life is in danger because of them and 'they need to be stopped'. She doesn't bother understanding that her wanting to stop them is no different than them wanting to stop her from being who she is. There is no credible or realistic threat, only in her little reality.

AFA is dominionist.

Right now, about 500 million. C Peter Wagner estimates that by 2025 50% of all christians will be dominionist.

Reference: World Christian Trends by David Barret and Todd Johnson, published by William Carey Library Publishers, a cooperating entity with the U.S. Center for World Missions.

Ummmm, who cares what his estimations are?

AFA is dominionist.

Right now, about 500 million. C Peter Wagner estimates that by 2025 50% of all christians will be dominionist.

Reference: World Christian Trends by David Barret and Todd Johnson, published by William Carey Library Publishers, a cooperating entity with the U.S. Center for World Missions.

:lol: 500 million? You do realize that's more than the population of the US? :lol:

In case you haven't noticed, the trend in christianity has been away from what you deem 'dominionist' for the last 200 years. If that weren't the case, you wouldn't be able to live as an openly gay woman in this society. :cuckoo:

Exactly. But, Sky can't go on and on about them without looking silly if she admits to that. She has to pretend her very life is in danger because of them and 'they need to be stopped'. She doesn't bother understanding that her wanting to stop them is no different than them wanting to stop her from being who she is. There is no credible or realistic threat, only in her little reality.

If it weren't the dominionists, it would be something else. Sky's life doesn't have meaning unless someone is trying to victimize her.

I can't win with you guys. One asks how many dominionists there are, I say I dunno, here's what some christians estimate. You say, "who cares?"

What do you want from me?

If it weren't the dominionists, it would be something else. Sky's life doesn't have meaning unless someone is trying to victimize her.

Yeah, yet let one conservative person on this board cite the same fears with regards to muslims and they're called a fool, an islamophobe, and laughed at. Yet Sky does it non stop, and as long as chrisitans are the target of her ire, most are okay with it.

I can't win with you guys. One asks how many dominionists there are, I say I dunno, here's what some christians estimate. You say, "who cares?"

I'll take you seriously when there's a credible threat to gay people in this country, right now your concerns are completely ridiculous and out of touch with reality.

:lol: 500 million? You do realize that's more than the population of the US? :lol:

In case you haven't noticed, the trend in christianity has been away from what you deem 'dominionist' for the last 200 years. If that weren't the case, you wouldn't be able to live as an openly gay woman in this society. :cuckoo:

I think these are global stats, not U.S. stats. Dominionism, as a movement, is a much bigger problem in Africa than in the U.S. By that timeframe, the vast majority of Christians in the world will be in Africa, and African Christians are much, much more conservative, pentecostal, and evangelical than their American counterparts. They are the mirror image of Sharia proponents. Dominionism is an interesting subject if you remove Sky's hyperbole from the equation. The impact of dominionists on the U.S. likely will be negligible. Our constitutional liberties are too well-defined, well-enshrined, and solidly protected by years of case law. In African countries, though, the impact will probably be profound.

'A religious revolution' | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

Last edited:

These are world statistics, not just the USA.

Yeah, yet let one conservative person on this board cite the same fears with regards to muslims and they're called a fool, an islamophobe, and laughed at. Yet Sky does it non stop, and as long as chrisitans are the target of her ire, most are okay with it.

To be blunt, I find both equally laughable. :cuckoo:

I'm an atheist or agnostic depending on how someone interprets my views, you know this, so I dunno why you call me "you guys."

C Peter Wagner is a nut job, I wouldn't trust him to give me a good estimate on the answer to the math question of 2+2.

I think these are global stats, not U.S. stats. Dominionism, as a movement, is a much bigger problem in Africa than in the U.S. By that timeframe, the vast majority of Christians in the world will be in Africa, and African Christians are much, much more conservative, pentecostal, and evangelical than their American counterparts. They are the mirror image of Sharia proponents. Dominionisms an interesting subject. The impact of dominionists on the U.S. likely will be negligible. Our constitutional liberties are too well-defined, well-enshrined, and solidly protected by years of case law. In African countries, though, the impact will probably be profound.

'A religious revolution' | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper

Even at that, it's still 25% of the total population of christians in the world, and I'm not buying that statistic at all. All you have to look at is the lifestyles and liberties of gay people in primarily western christian countries. Most, like ours, are open and safe for people who are gay. The same thing definitely cannot be said of gay people living in primarliy muslim countries. Yet Sky is more afraid of dominionists taking over here than she is of muslims. That makes no sense whatsoever.

To be blunt, I find both equally laughable. :cuckoo:

Yet they aren't both treated as laughable however, at least not by some.

I'll take you seriously when there's a credible threat to gay people in this country, right now your concerns are completely ridiculous and out of touch with reality.

Sure. No surprise there. You denied that the Uganda legislation called for the execution of gays, when it clearly does. You asked for stats about dominionism, I provided them. I've shown the connection between Perry's prayer rally and dominionists.

I don't care, Newby, if you think this is ridiculous and out of touch with reality. I didn't make up this movement.

It is relatively recent, that I am able to live openly as a lesbian. It was only a year ago, my wife and I could marry, after being together for 25 years. The window for marriage equality in my state was open for only a couple of months and it has slammed shut again.

The backlash against gays for the strides we have made is palpable. Bachmann has spoken about her feelings for gay people, and if she's elected, DADT will return.

You can accept or deny all you wish.

Have a good day.

sky

Last edited:
Even at that, it's still 25% of the total population of christians in the world, and I'm not buying that statistic at all. All you have to look at is the lifestyles and liberties of gay people in primarily western christian countries. Most, like ours, are open and safe for people who are gay. The same thing definitely cannot be said of gay people living in primarliy muslim countries. Yet Sky is more afraid of dominionists taking over here than she is of muslims. That makes no sense whatsoever.

A few thoughts. First, christianity in Europe is on the way out. Church attendance is dwindling down to nothing, particularly in the older more mainstream denominations. The population of Africa is huge, and pentecostal Christianity is widespread. American religiosity is also decreasing. i don't know if there will be 500 million dominionists in 15 years (that seems high). But, I do not know that at some point in the future, statistics suggest that Africa will be the most Christian continent on the planet, and their version of Christianity is much more conservative and tribal than ours.

Forum List

Back