Dominionists run for highest office in US

I'm very concerned about dominionists. I don't understand why anyone who values religious freedom wouldn't pay attention to a theocratic movement.

Are Newt Gingrich and Mike Huckabee mainstream enough for you? Both endorse dominion theology.

Yeah, according to you, every republican running for the nomination is a 'dominionist', yet you have absolutely no proof of any of it. And of course, you do know that Obama is a christian and is against gay marraige as well? Why aren't you worried about what he will do next to hurt gay people?

Gingrich and Huckabee both signed on to dominionist theology. You can find it yourself. Google works real well.

President Obama is a Christian. You don't seem to get the difference between being a christian and being dominionist christian. They're different. Obama is at least contemplating it, which is more than Gingrich and Huckabee are doing.

I'm not worried about the President. He's not a dominionist.

:lol: You're too funny Sky... are there any democrat/liberal dominionists, or is it only conservative republicans that fit the bill? :lol:

Obama's official stance is against gay marriage, yet you have nothing bad to say about him. What a shocker!!!!:eek:

Yeah, according to you, every republican running for the nomination is a 'dominionist', yet you have absolutely no proof of any of it. And of course, you do know that Obama is a christian and is against gay marraige as well? Why aren't you worried about what he will do next to hurt gay people?

Gingrich and Huckabee both signed on to dominionist theology. You can find it yourself. Google works real well.

President Obama is a Christian. You don't seem to get the difference between being a christian and being dominionist christian. They're different. Obama is at least contemplating it, which is more than Gingrich and Huckabee are doing.

:lol: You're too funny Sky... are there any democrat/liberal dominionists, or is it only conservative republicans that fit the bill? :lol:

Obama's official stance is against gay marriage, yet you have nothing bad to say about him. What a shocker!!!!:eek:

He's in favor of civil unions. I can live with that. As long as gay couples have the same rights as straight couples.

I have plenty of disappointment in the President's actions, but not in relation to me as a lesbian.

Whether any liberals are dominionists, I doubt it. I haven't found any.

You'll note one of your pals has started a thread that separation of church and state is a liberal myth.

You gonna defend him?

You really think countries who suffered the same saw it coming? Really??

Ethnic cleansing has been going on in 3rd world Africa sadly for centuries including recently, thinking there's a similar chance of that happening here compared to there is downright silly.

What?? You mean you didn't see all of Sky's threads and posts when christians were/are being mass slaughtered in Africa?? Does that mean that she doesn't give a damn about anyone if they don't fit her personal agenda???

You are often telling me I don't give a shit about anyone but gay people. That's a fucking lie.

My father was gay, and I'm a lesbian. Gay rights is a family issue. It's close to my heart. So are many other issues. You don't know me the way you think you do.

Thanks in advance for not attacking my family. I refuse to apologize for talking about marriage equality, DADT, hate crimes and other social issues related to being gay.

Last edited:

He's in favor of civil unions. I can live with that. As long as gay couples have the same rights as straight couples.

I have plenty of disappointment in the President's actions, but not in relation to me as a lesbian.

You'll note one of your pals has started a thread that separation of church and state is a liberal myth.

You gonna defend him?

I've always found it odd, and frankly downright sad, that gay democrats didn't take more issue with Obama when he spoke out against gay marriage.

In my opinion, the only reason to be against gay marriage is bigotry. I haven't heard any other reason.

You gonna defend him?

I've always found it odd, and frankly downright sad, that gay democrats didn't take more issue with Obama when he spoke out against gay marriage.

In my opinion, the only reason to be against gay marriage is bigotry. I haven't heard any other reason.

We did. We wrote letters, we spoke out. We get very little media coverage.

You gonna defend him?

We did. We wrote letters, we spoke out. We get very little media coverage.

Certainly didn't impact the ballot box and I doubt it does in 2012.

Since you apparently need everything explained to you in simpler terms, I believe I just called everyone satanic, since I clarified that sin is satanic, or comes from Satan, and WE ALL sin. I also clarified that all sin is the same in the eyes of God. Therefore, gay's sin isn't any better or any worse than anyone else's sin, they just don't try to turn away from it like others do. So take you're over emotional bullshit and shove it.

So since all have sinned and continue to sin, why is everybody aiming their ammo at "teh gays?"

Everyone isn't aiming their ammo at "the gays". Indeed, they recieve the same invitation everyone else does: Repent, and come unto Christ and have your sins remitted.

some of them get more offended by the invitation, and take it as an insult. There are a lot of things that I consider sinful, many of which I do. When I am talking to Christians, or directly answering questions about my faith, I sometimes talk about those sins in condemning terms.

I can also talk to people who are sinners, even gays, and all but a few extremists walk away knowing I do not condemn them. I do not condemn the extremists either, they just think I do.

You mean the ones you defend? Why are YOU mad when I point out which groups target gays if you don't support that bigotry? If you're so tolerant of gay people, why don't you get mad at the bigots who call themselves "christian"?

Because you act like these groups or people are mainstream and representative of the whole and reflect how all christians feel, which is wrong. Not only is it wrong, but it's not even close to being true. I've asked you over and over again what percentage of christians do these 'groups' or 'people' represent? You talk about the very same people and the very same groups over and over and over again, and it's all the same material from years ago. They have no power, they have no following, despite your comments that their following is 'enormous'. I asked you to define enormous, and you never did that either. You misrepresent, you over exaggerate, and I point that out. It has nothing to do with defending anyone, that's only how you see it because you're so brainwashed that you can't see the issue objectively, logically, or clearly.

They are much more mainstream than you realize. The American Family Association just sponsored Rick Perry's prayer rally. They are big. They have mainstream clout, and they also have ties to this African legislation. The Charismatic Dominionists of the New Apostolic Reformation have emerged as a political force and were the organizers and leaders of Rick Perry's prayer rally to kick-off his campaign.

AFA is dominionist.

You won't open your eyes and investigate this because I think, deep down, you don't really care. You think if the US becomes a theocracy, you're not endangered because you're one of them, (they're christian, you're Christian).

This group is very narrow, and your views are broader than this. Understand, that if this group gets its way, then other Christian groups are just as vulnerable as the rest of us.

It used to be that Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell seemed like kooks. When Robertson ran for President, nobody took him real seriously. When Bush ran, it was a different story. Evangelicals swept him into office. They now pwn the GOP. Fox News gives these folks a TON of coverage.

Now we have several dominionists running for POTUS, and you go, lahdedah, about it.

No one took the Nazi's seriously when they started out in Germany either. Dominionism is a real threat to our country. We are talking about the Seven Mountains Mandate, Joel's Army, and more that I've already listed previously.

Not all Christians are dominionists, but all dominionists claim christianity.

The AFA is not dominionist.

WHO IS AFA? OUR MISSION AFA STATEMENT OF FAITH OUR VOICE HAS AFA MADE AN IMPACT?

WHO IS AFA?

American Family Association (AFA) a non-profit 501(c3) organization was founded in 1977 by Donald E. Wildmon, who was pastoring First United Methodist Church in Southaven, Mississippi, at the time. Since 1977, AFA has been on the frontlines of America’s culture war. The original name of the ministry was National Federation for Decency but was changed to American Family Association (AFA) in 1988.
Today, AFA is one of the largest and most effective pro-family organizations in the country with over two million online supporters and approximately 180,000 paid subscribers to the AFA Journal, the ministry's monthly magazine. In addition, AFA owns and operates nearly 200 radio stations across the country under the American Family Radio (AFR) banner.

Other divisions of AFA include OneNewsNow.com, an online news provider that is syndicated around the world. AFA maintains activist web sites such as OneMillionMoms.com and OneMillionDads.com that rally Christian activists to contact companies asking them to drop their advertising from objectionable TV shows. AFA web sites average over 40 million hits and five million visitors each month.

AFA uses all these means to communicate an outspoken, resolute, Christian voice throughout America.
OUR MISSION

The mission of the American Family Association is to inform, equip, and activate individuals to strengthen the moral foundations of American culture, and give aid to the church here and abroad in its task of fulfilling the Great Commission.

PHILOSOPHICAL STATEMENT
The American Family Association believes that God has communicated absolute truth to mankind, and that all people are subject to the authority of God’s Word at all times. Therefore AFA believes that a culture based on biblical truth best serves the well-being of our nation and our families, in accordance with the vision of our founding documents; and that personal transformation through the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the greatest agent of biblical change in any culture.

ACTION STATEMENT
The American Family Association acts to:

(1) restrain evil by exposing the works of darkness;
(2) promote virtue by upholding in culture that which is right, true and good according to Scripture;
(3) convince individuals of sin and challenge them to seek Christ’s grace and forgiveness;
(4) motivate people to take a stand on cultural and moral issues at the local, state and national levels; and
(5) encourage Christians to bear witness to the love of Jesus Christ as they live their lives before the world.
To that end, AFA spurs activism directed to:

• Preservation of Marriage and the Family
  • Decency and Morality
  • Sanctity of Human Life
  • Stewardship
  • Media Integrity

About AFA

The problem is not the AFA, it is you and your paranoid delusions.

Dominionism is a threat to American civil and religious liberties, and that makes it completely unacceptable. We are not going to have the 15% tell everybody else how to live.

Millions in the Pentecostal/Charismatic sector of Christianity are now actively involved in spiritual warfare networks, prayer marches, long term fasting, around the clock prayer vigils, and organized campaigns like "Reclaiming the Seven Mountains of Culture" to take control over society and government. These seven mountains are government, education, arts and entertainment, media, family, religion, and business. Youth across the country are being trained to be warriors, much like the Tribulation Force of the Left Behind series.

In Dominion! C. Peter Wagner makes a projection that the neo-Apostolics of this movement will comprise 50 percent of non-Catholic Christianity by 2025. The 2001 edition of World Christian Trends tracks the growth of these three combined waves providing an estimate of 72 million adherents worldwide in 1970, and growth to over 500 million in the year 2000
| The Rise of Charismatic Dominionism (Updated)

And they are going to stop fasting and praying at any moment and break out all their weapons that they are stockpiling to take over the world.

What percentage of christians are 'dominionists'?

Right now, about 500 million. C Peter Wagner estimates that by 2025 50% of all christians will be dominionist.

Reference: World Christian Trends by David Barret and Todd Johnson, published by William Carey Library Publishers, a cooperating entity with the U.S. Center for World Missions.

Ummmm, who cares what his estimations are?

This from a man who generally agrees with you that Christians are religious nuts who are ignorant about the real world. (Come to think of it, he does have a point.) Does that tell you anything?

You really think countries who suffered the same saw it coming? Really??

Ethnic cleansing has been going on in 3rd world Africa sadly for centuries including recently, thinking there's a similar chance of that happening here compared to there is downright silly.

What?? You mean you didn't see all of Sky's threads and posts when christians were/are being mass slaughtered in Africa?? Does that mean that she doesn't give a damn about anyone if they don't fit her personal agenda???

Check my join date, k? Okay.

I can't win with you guys. One asks how many dominionists there are, I say I dunno, here's what some christians estimate. You say, "who cares?"

What do you want from me?

I'll take you seriously when there's a credible threat to gay people in this country, right now your concerns are completely ridiculous and out of touch with reality.

Sure. No surprise there. You denied that the Uganda legislation called for the execution of gays, when it clearly does. You asked for stats about dominionism, I provided them. I've shown the connection between Perry's prayer rally and dominionists.

I don't care, Newby, if you think this is ridiculous and out of touch with reality. I didn't make up this movement.

It is relatively recent, that I am able to live openly as a lesbian. It was only a year ago, my wife and I could marry, after being together for 25 years. The window for marriage equality in my state was open for only a couple of months and it has slammed shut again.

The backlash against gays for the strides we have made is palpable. Bachmann has spoken about her feelings for gay people, and if she's elected, DADT will return.

You can accept or deny all you wish.

Have a good day.

sky

I have not denied it yet, but I will now. Someone introduced a bill, and it did not pass. If the legislature had called for it the bill would have done much better than it did, and might actually have gotten out of committee.

Exactly. But, Sky can't go on and on about them without looking silly if she admits to that. She has to pretend her very life is in danger because of them and 'they need to be stopped'. She doesn't bother understanding that her wanting to stop them is no different than them wanting to stop her from being who she is. There is no credible or realistic threat, only in her little reality.

If it weren't the dominionists, it would be something else. Sky's life doesn't have meaning unless someone is trying to victimize her.

watch out for the theopalinists!

whatever the fuck they are, i'm sure they're dangerous.

Rick Warren is prominent and mainstream. He is a dominionist.

Warren received his doctorate from Fuller Theological Seminary under the tutelage of his advisor, C. Peter Wagner of the spiritual warfare dominionists. DITC12-10

who?

Never heard of the guy? He is the author of the Purpose Driven Life and the pastor who swore Obama in.

He's pretty famous.

Dominionism: Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry

Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry aren't just devout—both have deep ties to a fringe fundamentalist movement known as Dominionism, which says Christians should rule the world.​

Put simply, Dominionism means that Christians have a God-given right to rule all earthly institutions. Originating among some of America’s most radical theocrats, it’s long had an influence on religious-right education and political organizing. But because it seems so outré, getting ordinary people to take it seriously can be difficult. Most writers, myself included, who explore it have been called paranoid. In a contemptuous 2006 First Things review of several books, including Kevin Phillips’ American Theocracy, and my own Kingdom Coming: The Rise of Christian Nationalism, conservative columnist Ross Douthat wrote, “the fear of theocracy has become a defining panic of the Bush era.”

Now, however, we have the most theocratic Republican field in American history, and suddenly, the concept of Dominionism is reaching mainstream audiences. Writing about Bachmann in The New Yorker this month, Ryan Lizza spent several paragraphs explaining how the premise fit into the Minnesota congresswoman’s intellectual and theological development. And a recent Texas Observer cover story on Rick Perry examined his relationship with the New Apostolic Reformation, a Dominionist variant of Pentecostalism that coalesced about a decade ago. “[W]hat makes the New Apostolic Reformation movement so potent is its growing fascination with infiltrating politics and government,” wrote Forrest Wilder. Its members “believe Christians—certain Christians—are destined to not just take ‘dominion’ over government, but stealthily climb to the commanding heights of what they term the ‘Seven Mountains’ of society, including the media and the arts and entertainment world.”

In many ways, Dominionism is more a political phenomenon than a theological one. It cuts across Christian denominations, from stern, austere sects to the signs-and-wonders culture of modern megachurches. Think of it like political Islamism, which shapes the activism of a number of antagonistic fundamentalist movements, from Sunni Wahabis in the Arab world to Shiite fundamentalists in Iran.

Thanks BDBoop,

I'd rep ya but I've exceeded my 24 hour limit. Brilliant article. Thanks for the link. If you want to know what it would mean for Michele Bachmann or Rick Perry to be President, understanding Dominionism isn’t optional.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back