Dominionists run for highest office in US

Even at that, it's still 25% of the total population of christians in the world, and I'm not buying that statistic at all. All you have to look at is the lifestyles and liberties of gay people in primarily western christian countries. Most, like ours, are open and safe for people who are gay. The same thing definitely cannot be said of gay people living in primarliy muslim countries. Yet Sky is more afraid of dominionists taking over here than she is of muslims. That makes no sense whatsoever.

A few thoughts. First, christianity in Europe is on the way out. Church attendance is dwindling down to nothing, particularly in the older more mainstream denominations. The population of Africa is huge, and pentecostal Christianity is widespread. American religiosity is also decreasing. i don't know if there will be 500 million dominionists in 15 years (that seems high). But, I do not know that at some point in the future, statistics suggest that Africa will be the most Christian continent on the planet, and their version of Christianity is much more conservative and tribal than ours.

And if what you say is true about the decline of the christian religion in westernized countries, then it will be a non-issue anyway, since that would indicate the total christian population would either decrease or stay the same with what christians *might* be added to the total in Africa. And I think we'll all be long dead before we have to worry about the world being taken over by the continent of Africa.

I can't win with you guys. One asks how many dominionists there are, I say I dunno, here's what some christians estimate. You say, "who cares?"

What do you want from me?

I'll take you seriously when there's a credible threat to gay people in this country, right now your concerns are completely ridiculous and out of touch with reality.

Sure. No surprise there. You denied that the Uganda legislation called for the execution of gays, when it clearly does. You asked for stats about dominionism, I provided them. I've shown the connection between Perry's prayer rally and dominionists.

I don't care, Newby, if you think this is ridiculous and out of touch with reality. I didn't make up this movement.

It is relatively recent, that I am able to live openly as a lesbian. It was only a year ago, my wife and I could marry, after being together for 25 years. The window for marriage equality in my state was open for only a couple of months and it has slammed shut again.

The backlash against gays for the strides we have made is palpable. Bachmann has spoken about her feelings for gay people, and if she's elected, DADT will return.

You can accept or deny all you wish.

Have a good day.

sky

No, you didn't make it up, you just blow it completely out of proportion into something that it is not, a threat to you or your way of life.

Have a good day yourself. :)

I'll take you seriously when there's a credible threat to gay people in this country, right now your concerns are completely ridiculous and out of touch with reality.

Sure. No surprise there. You denied that the Uganda legislation called for the execution of gays, when it clearly does. You asked for stats about dominionism, I provided them. I've shown the connection between Perry's prayer rally and dominionists.

I don't care, Newby, if you think this is ridiculous and out of touch with reality. I didn't make up this movement.

It is relatively recent, that I am able to live openly as a lesbian. It was only a year ago, my wife and I could marry, after being together for 25 years. The window for marriage equality in my state was open for only a couple of months and it has slammed shut again.

The backlash against gays for the strides we have made is palpable. Bachmann has spoken about her feelings for gay people, and if she's elected, DADT will return.

You can accept or deny all you wish.

Have a good day.

sky

No, you didn't make it up, you just blow it completely out of proportion into something that it is not, a threat to you or your way of life.

Have a good day yourself. :)

Dominionism is a threat to our country, not just to me. It is a threat to religious freedom in America.

I'm sure the few people who wrote about the Nazi's before they came to power were thought of as blowing the threat out of proportion.

Next time you see the word, "dominionism" cover your eyes. If you hear someone say the word, cover your ears. Close your mind to learning anything about this.

It's your choice.

Last edited:
Dominionism is a threat to our country, not just to me. It is a threat to religious freedom in America.

I'm sure the few people who wrote about the Nazi's before they came to power were thought of as blowing the threat out of proportion.

Next time you see the word, "dominionism" cover your eyes. If you hear someone say the word, cover your ears. Close your mind to learning anything about this.

It's your choice.

Oh, my. Did you just play the Hitler card???

hitlercard2.jpg

/thread.

Will Evangelicals sell out the Gospel for a Dominionist political agenda?

Believers must use discernment and understand the times we live in. There is a vast difference between being a light in a dark time, to building a kingdom on earth, as the Seven Mountains Mandate folks believe. They want to take over this world now. Dominion theology is heresy.

Lou Engle's, The Call, is one such dominionist group. Latter Rain is a dominionist group.

"We are coming to the times when passive Christianity and passive Christians will cease to exist. There is a maturity, a discipline, and a divine militancy coming upon the people of God. Those who have succumbed to humanistic and idealistic theologies may have a hard time with this, but we must understand that God is a military God. The title that He uses ten times more than any other in Scripture is “the Lord of hosts,” or “Lord of armies.” There is a martial aspect to His character that we must understand and embrace for the times and the job to which we are now coming." Rick Joyner Dominionism

Last edited:

It's your choice.

hitlercard2.jpg

/thread.

Yeah...........what a great way to show respect to all the people who died in the Holocaust.

:cuckoo:

Rick Warren is prominent and mainstream. He is a dominionist.

Warren received his doctorate from Fuller Theological Seminary under the tutelage of his advisor, C. Peter Wagner of the spiritual warfare dominionists. DITC12-10

It's your choice.

hitlercard2.jpg

/thread.

Yeah...........what a great way to show respect to all the people who died in the Holocaust.

You misunderstand what I'm saying. My point is that the Nazi party seemed very extreme to some people and no one took them seriously.

Then Hitler rose to power with the Nazi party. Few are taking dominionists very seriously, now.

I hope they wake up before it's too late.

We already have a significant group of Americans who think there is NO separation of church and state. We have three dominionists running for GOP POTUS candidate.

The movement is already mainstream.

My teacher, Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche, spoke about the Chinese coming into Tibet. "Initially, they were very polite. We welcomed them." Tibet suffered it's own Holocaust.

Believe me, Holocaust survivors are much more likely to take dominionism seriously than some of you folks are. If they win, we all lose.

Last edited:

hitlercard2.jpg

/thread.

You misunderstand what I'm saying. My point is that the Nazi party seemed very extreme to some people and no one took them seriously.

Then Hitler rose to power with the Nazi party. Few are taking dominionists very seriously, now.

We already have a significant group of Americans who think there is NO separation of church and state. We have three dominionists running for GOP POTUS candidate.

No, no i didn't misunderstand it, and you just reinforced my point.

You're comparing the Nazi movement to the perceived Dominionist movement, which downplays those who died in the Holocaust.

I understand why you don't want anti-gay bigots in office, but fearmongering that if they get elected they'll round up gays and kill them or what not is downright dumb.

Actually, isn't it most Christians who wish to dominate?

"You gotta take Christ as your Savior, or burn in hell forever".

They won't be happy until Christianity is the only religion.

You're comparing the Nazi movement to the perceived Dominionist movement, which downplays those who died in the Holocaust.

I understand why you don't want anti-gay bigots in office, but fearmongering that if they get elected they'll round up gays and kill them or what not is downright dumb.

No, I'm not downplaying the horror of the Holocaust. I am comparing the way the Nazi's rose to power to how the dominionists are coming to power.

The Anti-Defamation League, a Jewish organization had a lot to say about Perry's prayer rally.

Truth is, Americans helped the Ugandans to bring the "kill gays" legislation into being. It's bad enough this gross violation of human rights may happen in Uganda, it's worse that so-called "christians" from America were behind it.

Last edited:

No, I'm not downplaying the horror of the Holocaust. I am comparing the way the Nazi's rose to power to how the dominionists are coming to power.

The Anti-Defamation League, a Jewish organization had a lot to say about Perry's prayer rally.

Truth is, Americans helped the Ugandans to bring the "kill gays" legislation into being. It's bad enough this gross violation of human rights may happen in Uganda, it's worse that so-called "christians" from America were behind it.

Sure seemed to me you were implying the same amount of fear should be given to the dominionists as should've been given to the Nazis.

You really think countries who suffered the same saw it coming? Really??

No one saw the Holocaust coming. German Jews couldn't believe it until it was too late.

The Chinese entered Tibet very quietly. They were polite and helpful building roads. Then they started moving in their people. Just as the Tibetans were beginning to wake up they were slaughtered. Tibetans are no longer free to practice Buddhism without interference from the Chinese government. They lost their nation.

Sure seemed to me you were implying the same amount of fear should be given to the dominionists as should've been given to the Nazis.

I'm very concerned about dominionists. I don't understand why anyone who values religious freedom wouldn't pay attention to a theocratic movement.

Are Newt Gingrich and Mike Huckabee mainstream enough for you? Both endorse dominion theology.

Last edited:

Ethnic cleansing has been going on in 3rd world Africa sadly for centuries including recently, thinking there's a similar chance of that happening here compared to there is downright silly.

The Chinese entered Tibet very quietly. They were polite and helpful building roads. Then they started moving in their people. Just as the Tibetans were beginning to wake up they were slaughtered. Tibetans are no longer free to practice Buddhism without interference from the Chinese government. They lost their nation.

I'm very concerned about dominionists. I don't understand why anyone who values religious freedom wouldn't pay attention to a theocratic movement.

Are Newt Gingrich and Mike Huckabee mainstream enough for you? Both endorse dominion theology.

Yeah, according to you, every republican running for the nomination is a 'dominionist', yet you have absolutely no proof of any of it. And of course, you do know that Obama is a christian and is against gay marraige as well? Why aren't you worried about what he will do next to hurt gay people?

Ethnic cleansing has been going on in 3rd world Africa sadly for centuries including recently, thinking there's a similar chance of that happening here compared to there is downright silly.

What?? You mean you didn't see all of Sky's threads and posts when christians were/are being mass slaughtered in Africa?? Does that mean that she doesn't give a damn about anyone if they don't fit her personal agenda???

Yeah, according to you, every republican running for the nomination is a 'dominionist', yet you have absolutely no proof of any of it. And of course, you do know that Obama is a christian and is against gay marraige as well? Why aren't you worried about what he will do next to hurt gay people?

Gingrich and Huckabee both signed on to dominionist theology. You can find it yourself. Google works real well.

President Obama is a Christian. You don't seem to get the difference between being a christian and being dominionist christian. They're different. Obama is at least contemplating it, which is more than Gingrich and Huckabee are doing.

I'm not worried about the President. He's not a dominionist.

Forum List

Back