Dominionists run for highest office in US

Hate crime is different, Becky. It's a crime that is designed to terrorize a group of people, not just the crime victim. It's a crime that sends a message that "your kind" are not wanted.

Do you oppose hate crime legislation?

hate crime is a load of shit.

pretending to have the ability to read a criminal's mind to score points on your victimization scale is weak.

I'm not surprised you think that.

You have yet to answer how a President is a danger to creating a Theocracy. The President has ZERO power to do so. I have pointed out what needs to happen for your supposed fear to be real.

pretending to have the ability to read a criminal's mind to score points on your victimization scale is weak.

You have yet to answer how a President is a danger to creating a Theocracy. The President has ZERO power to do so. I have pointed out what needs to happen for your supposed fear to be real.

GW Bush created the "faith based" initiatives. One step toward eroding the separation of church and state. It gives tax dollars to religious organizations.

It's true del. Your side of the aisle is more likely to claim that separation of church and state is a LIBERAL myth.

you don't even know which side of the aisle i'm on, cupcake, so toss that load of crap back on your wagon.

keep swinging

You're no liberal.

when did you get to decide what i am? how dominionist of you.

you're no rocket surgeon, that's for sure

try again

GW Bush created the "faith based" initiatives. One step toward eroding the separation of church and state. It gives tax dollars to religious organizations.

3 things must happen for a theocracy to happen in America, none of which is Presidential. Please provide us with evidence that any of those 3 specific things are a danger to happen, you can tie it to Perry or Bachmann if you can.

Hate crime is different, Becky. It's a crime that is designed to terrorize a group of people, not just the crime victim. It's a crime that sends a message that "your kind" are not wanted.

if you had a triple digit IQ, you'd feel the same way

when did you get to decide what i am? how dominionist of you.

you're no rocket surgeon, that's for sure

try again

Ok. You're an asshole. How's that?

that's fine. i'd rather be an asshole than a whining, passive aggressive drama queen with less brains than a meth addled goat.

not that there's anything wrong with that, really

but that's just me.

Goodbye del.

What about hate crime, becki?

Rape is a hate crime, Sky. Murder is hate crime. Child molestation is hate crime. Most crime is hate crime. I'm against crime. In my mind, crime comes from a determination based in sheer hatred as well as arrogance and smug prejudices against the fitness of the victim to deserve something bad happening to them. Crime itself is all about hatred. Taking away from one person and giving it to another is a hate crime based on the arrogance that anyone can morally judge another unworthy of good things he has earned through hard work, thought, or the luck of the lottery. I'm greatly against hate crimes, because all crime stems from unthinking, hateful, and undisciplined passion.

And that's what I think.

My definition of crime is an act that stems from hate against another person. Why rewrite every law and stick the word "hate" in it when it is already on the books, understood by persons of good conscience.

The problem with wording laws with marking groups of persons as more worthy of receiving better justice than anyone else is against the concept of equality and it smacks of unequal justice for one group as opposed to another.

You've pushed this point twice. I'm done telling you things twice.

I will tell you why the left goes off like that. Religion requires personal responsiblity and the left hates that. That would make it seem like something could be your own fault instead of blaming it on someone else and spending federal dollars to fight it.

If it was up to our comrades on the left there would be no religion of anykind.

It is just a different kind of "religion"
Actually, in some ways the Left and Liberalism is like a religion:

-Contrary to observations and empirical date, the Left still believes the State can cure all and make a "heaven on earth".
-A demand that all people have equity of results as opposed to equality before the "eyes of the law"
(yes indeed, we are all equal, in all ways, before the eyes of God the State)

- The State, as opposed to God, is the final judge in ALL decisions; it is Divine, above all reproach.
- forced conversion through education; taxation and even their immature attempt with thought control via "PC" speech
-Their willingness, desire and passion to submit themselves and society to the State, above the individual.
(The Lord State is my shepherd, I shall not want)
You can see many manifestations of this with things like their "belief" in Global warming; cooling, Climate Change:
It is based not on fact but their agreement with the concept that State is the only solution in the "paradigm".
Indeed, notice how with the climate they have now set it up to be a non false-able or non-refutable proposition- i.e. all weather changes are due to Global Warming.

When one sets up a theory that is non false-able, it is not science. It is a matter of Faith. How quick would they be to believe this nonsense, if the solution was for less gov't?

It will also ,on occasion, take on a "cult" like feel with their dependency for hero worship eg. See anything Obama.
Not doubt, this behaviour is more due the the "religious nature" of liberalism than anything.
Yes, only a "prophet" can take us out from the "darkness" of our world and led us to our new social utopia.

Instead of the cries ot "heretic" from the Left, they are replaced with cries of "racist" or even better "denier" in the case of climate beliefs.

Yes, denier indeed!

Last edited:
Rape is a hate crime, Sky. Murder is hate crime. Child molestation is hate crime. Most crime is hate crime. I'm against crime. In my mind, crime comes from a determination based in sheer hatred as well as arrogance and smug prejudices against the fitness of the victim to deserve something bad happening to them. Crime itself is all about hatred. Taking away from one person and giving it to another is a hate crime based on the arrogance that anyone can morally judge another unworthy of good things he has earned through hard work, thought, or the luck of the lottery. I'm greatly against hate crimes, because all crime stems from unthinking, hateful, and undisciplined passion.

And that's what I think.

My definition of crime is an act that stems from hate against another person. Why rewrite every law and stick the word "hate" in it when it is already on the books, understood by persons of good conscience.

The problem with wording laws with marking groups of persons as more worthy of receiving better justice than anyone else is against the concept of equality and it smacks of unequal justice for one group as opposed to another.

Hate crime is different from other kinds of violent crime. Mulageta Seraw, was an Ethiopian immigrant who was brutally murdered by skinheads. He was targeted because he was black. That crime sent waves of fear throughout the black community in Portland. An organized group in Portland had been delivering

James Byrd is another example. He was dragged by a truck to his death by two white supremacists and then decapitated. Matthew Shepard is another example.

Recently, an African lesbian activist was gang raped, brutally beaten and then stabbed 25 times. The men were sending a message to the gay community, not just murdering a woman.

Three white men in New Mexico are charged with a hate crime for branding a developmentally disabled Native American man with a swastika.

Last edited:
We know from facts and history how many on the left hate religion.

It’s telling how the right always attempts to deflect the issue, in this case with lies represented by the example above. You’ll find no greater advocates of religious freedom then progressive civil libertarians, such as the ACLU and Americans United. Their efforts to keep the wall of separation between church and State ‘high and impregnable’ ensure all Americans remain free to practice the religion of their choice.

The mistake many conservatives make is to incorrectly infer that restricting government via the Establishment Clause is somehow a ‘violation’ of the Free Exercise Clause, when it’s clearly not.

We know from facts and history how many on the left hate religion.

It’s telling how the right always attempts to deflect the issue, in this case with lies represented by the example above. You’ll find no greater advocates of religious freedom then progressive civil libertarians, such as the ACLU and Americans United. Their efforts to keep the wall of separation between church and State ‘high and impregnable’ ensure all Americans remain free to practice the religion of their choice.

The mistake many conservatives make is to incorrectly infer that restricting government via the Establishment Clause is somehow a ‘violation’ of the Free Exercise Clause, when it’s clearly not.

You must admit that the left "social justice movement" and Christianity is
probably not libertarian in its view?

Hate crime is different from other kinds of violent crime. Mulageta Seraw, was an Ethiopian immigrant who was brutally murdered by skinheads. He was targeted because he was black. That crime sent waves of fear throughout the black community in Portland. An organized group in Portland had been delivering

James Byrd is another example. He was dragged by a truck to his death by two white supremacists and then decapitated. Matthew Shepard is another example.

Recently, an African lesbian activist was gang raped, brutally beaten and then stabbed 25 times. The men were sending a message to the gay community, not just murdering a woman.

Three white men in New Mexico are charged with a hate crime for branding a developmentally disabled Native American man with a swastika.
I know what "hate crimes" are. Hate crime legislation DEMANDS abolishment of First Amendment rights. How could you?

I know what "hate crimes" are. Hate crime legislation DEMANDS abolishment of First Amendment rights. How could you?
Bull. How could I support hate crime legislation? I care about hate crime, that's how I could. Hate crimes are more likely to exacerbate tensions in the community. They affect not only the victim. They can lead to wide scale violence.

Cross burning is not simple arson.

Last edited:
In order for a law, measure, or policy to not violate the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment, it must not conflict with one of he three prongs of the test developed in Lemon v. Kurtzman, 91 S. Ct. 2105 (1971):

1) the government action must have a secular purpose;
2) its primary purpose must not be to inhibit or to advance religion;
3) there must be no excessive entanglement between government and religion.

See also: County of Allegheny v. American Civil Liberties Union, Greater Pittsburgh Chapter

Forum List

Back