Don’t Misunderestimate Her! Sarah Palin Returns to Fox

Continuity

George W. Bush saw himself as a latter day Winston Churchill.

Sarah Palin views herself as a modern day Margaret Thatcher.

Me? I see one of them as delusional and the other one as a poseur. I leave it for everyone else to decide which is which.

But if this is the best that the GOP can come up with as far as leadership is concerned, it has more problems than just an inability to connecting with voters. But it's a little scary when so many people in the GOP are genuinely inspired by intellectual lightweights like Palin, Bachmann, and Herman Cain.

but you dont see anything wrong with the so called "leaders" in the Democratic Party?....

naaa, they can't find any to dump on in their own party...according to them they are all highly intelligent leaders and should be followed and worshiped like blind sheep would..
and then we get snobby post like mustangs a democrat who thinks they are the judge and jury of who is intellectual lightweights

Last edited:
repub voters like Stephie will do every thing in their power to rid their party of electable repubs too. Delicious.

I think it's possible (please note the word "possible") that the GOP could have success with a "real" conservative -- it would be interesting to see them run one for a change -- but they clearly have not yet figured out the difference between the message and the messenger. They simply do not grasp that, for better or worse, image plays a significant role on the political stage.

In a vaccum, Palin's positions may or may not work with the electorate, but her image makes it irrelevant. She's so simplistic, so shallow, so full of non-stop platitudes that it doesn't matter what she actually thinks. If the GOP could get its shit together and run a strong conservative who could actually project an image of both strength and intellect, then we might have an interesting presidential campaign.

I think that, somewhere deep down, they see this. But their partisan ideology prohibits them from admitting it.

Last edited:
It is entertaining listening to leftists lecture conservatives about the electability of our candidates. They believe because they, self proclaimed Marxists, wouldn't vote for them, well they aren't electable.

They parrott this absurd notion that the GOP is dead, although the GOP has the majority of governorships, state legilslatures and 1/2 of Congress.

Wishful, delusional thinking. It is their hateful, dispicable rhetoric that is unrelatable to the American mainstream.

repub voters like Stephie will do every thing in their power to rid their party of electable repubs too. Delicious.

I think it's possible (please note the word "possible") that the GOP could have success with a "real" conservative -- it would be interesting to see them run one for a change -- but they clearly have not yet figured out the difference between the message and the messenger. They simply do not grasp that, for better or worse, image plays a significant role on the political stage.

In a vaccum, Palin's positions may or may not work with the electorate, but her image makes it irrelevant. She's so simplistic, so shallow, so full of non-stop platitudes that it doesn't matter what she actually thinks. If the GOP could get its shit together and run a strong conservative who could actually project an image of both strength and intellect, then we might have an interesting presidential campaign.

I think that, somewhere deep down, they see this. But their partisan ideology prohibits them from admitting it.

omg, you talking about others being shallow..you responded to this
repub voters like Stephie will do every thing in their power to rid their party of electable repubs too. Delicious

some of what you said in you post is interesting, the rest..blaa

for better or worse, image plays a significant role on the political stage.

and it is the same on the other side Mac.....Waters,Pelosi,Biden.......where have all the decent Politicians gone?.......

for better or worse, image plays a significant role on the political stage.

and it is the same on the other side Mac.....Waters,Pelosi,Biden.......where have all the decent Politicians gone?.......

Our real Best & Brightest, both parties, know to stay the fuck out of politics.

What the hell are you talking about? The GOP's partisan ideology? Which side is saying the other literally wants to lynch black people and bring back Jim Crow?

Whatever candidate the GOP nominates faces the incredible uphill battle of having their image and character ridiculed and dragged through the mud by a media that loathes and despises them and everything they stand for.

What the hell are you talking about? The GOP's partisan ideology? Which side is saying the other literally wants to lynch black people and bring back Jim Crow?

Whatever candidate the GOP nominates faces the incredible uphill battle of having their image and character ridiculed and dragged through the mud by a media that loathes and despises them and everything they stand for.

Your attempt at diversion aside, are you saying there are no partisan ideologues in the GOP?

Ah, yes. Obama's best PR move was convincing morons on the left they're smarter than Sarah Palin.

The poor things have a need to feel superior to someone, and hating on a brash, accomplished, good-looking woman gives the "men" a chance to cater to their latent, woman-hating homosexuality, and the women an outlet for their jealousy.

Besides, she was kicking Obama's ass up one side of the country and down the other until he unleashed the media hounds on her.

After watching what you on the left do to people running for office, any and all republicans especially women...
Cain, Romney, Gingrich, etc etc...and what you people did to PALIN while she was running for VP was some of the nastiest I have seen..and you still do with palin just look at this thread for example

who would want to come into that kind of hate and have their family brought into that too..

Last edited:
[ame=http://youtu.be/0m7E8TuMgxc]The Worst, Stuttering , Fumbling, Obama Speech Ever! lol - YouTube[/ame]

Obama got a complete pass for every stupid gaffe and misspeak, while they jumped on every opportunity to ridicule and insult the intelligence of any and all GOP candidates.

It is undeniable that the treatment, which ultimately will shape the public's perception of the candidate, by the media is fundmentally biased. The left's candidate will always be reported in a light to make them seem more intellectual and erudite.

Just compare the treatment Rand Paul is receiveing, saying essentially the same damn thing Senator Obama said about domestic spying, from the likes of NBC and ABC. They are bending over backwards to justify and insult Paul's positionp--those same people interviewing Obama did not put forth Bush's justification or talking points.

Last edited:

Conservatives contempt for intellectual achievement is pretty well documented. Frankly, I could understand that attitude if they only sought to reject intellectuals who they also perceive as politically liberal. Yet, look at the men whose opinions they give so much weight -- men like Limbaugh, Hannity, and Beck. They all have no formal education or degrees past High School. This is a crisis for the conservative movement whether they know it or not.

What do most people think would happen if this country chose a leader who romanticized the value of having opinions about governance which weren't supported by a dispassionate evaluation of the facts? What are the chances of making good decisions based on an emotional response as opposed to an intellectual analysis? Not good in most cases. What happens to the conservative movement then when the results of bad choices based on poor decision making reveal themselves in the form of poor results? Well, look at the aftermath of the GWB presidency. It helped elect Obama. Yet, conservatives are poised to do it all over again by marching down the same road. Well, if conservatives haven't learned from their own mistakes, I can only hope that the American electorate as a whole is collectively smarter than that.

Your attempt at diversion aside, are you saying there are no partisan ideologues in the GOP?

I'm saying that is the nature of politics period, and at no time in history has it not.

I'm saying that it is disingenuous to imply that the GOP is more partisan, or that it is responsible for preventing strong or intellectual candidates from coming forward.

Again, the Vice President of the United States tells a group of black people that the GOP wants to put them back in chains--and you are going to say that is not disgustingly partisan?

Conservatives contempt for intellectual achievement is pretty well documented. Frankly, I could understand that attitude if they only sought to reject intellectuals who they also perceive as politically liberal. Yet, look at the men whose opinions they give so much weight -- men like Limbaugh, Hannity, and Beck. They all have no formal education or degrees past High School. This is a crisis for the conservative movement whether they know it or not.

What do most people think would happen if this country chose a leader who romanticized the value of having opinions about governance which weren't supported by a dispassionate evaluation of the facts? What are the chances of making good decisions based on an emotional response as opposed to an intellectual analysis? Not good in most cases. What happens to the conservative movement then when the results of bad choices based on poor decision making reveal themselves in the form of poor results? Well, look at the aftermath of the GWB presidency. It helped elect Obama. Yet, conservatives are poised to do it all over again by marching down the same road. Well, if conservatives haven't learned from their own mistakes, I can only hope that the American electorate as a whole is collectively smarter than that.

oh brother
Hannity and Beck..........blaa blaa blaaa...It helped elect Obama....blaa blaa blaaa
here's what elected Obama

Last edited:

I'm saying that is the nature of politics period, and at no time in history has it not.

I'm saying that it is disingenuous to imply that the GOP is more partisan, or that it is responsible for preventing strong or intellectual candidates from coming forward.

Again, the Vice President of the United States tells a group of black people that the GOP wants to put them back in chains--and you are going to say that is not disgustingly partisan?

In what way did I imply that the GOP is "more partisan", precisely? I don't think that way at all, I think that both parties are absolutely polluted by it. Our entire political process is infected by it.

My use of the phrase was confined to a specific point - that many in the GOP know that Palin is a net liability, that they wish they had a decent alternative, but they won't admit it because their commitment to their partisan ideology won't allow it.

Neither party has a monopoly on that behavior.

After watching what you on the left do to people running for office, any and all republicans especially women...
Cain, Romney, Gingrich, etc etc...and what you people did to PALIN while she was running for VP was some of the nastiest I have seen..and you still do with palin just look at this thread for example

who would want to come into that kind of hate and have their family brought into that too..

They really don't believe anything was wrong with the way Palin was treated, or the deplorable things they said about her.

They are hate-filled, detestable human beings. The left accused Palin of incest, lying about the father of her special needs child, made fun of a Down syndrome child--and then they sit there and lecture us about civility and our tone.

And did the media report the prominent leftists saying these things?

Hypocrites, all of them.

In what way did I imply that the GOP is "more partisan", precisely? I don't think that way at all, I think that both parties are absolutely polluted by it. Our entire political process is infected by it.

My use of the phrase was confined to a specific point - that many in the GOP know that Palin is a net liability, that they wish they had a decent alternative, but they won't admit it because their commitment to their partisan ideology won't allow it.

Palin is a commentator. She does not hold an elected office. I'm not certain what your point is exactly.

A decent alternative to what? A political commentator?

So she returns to Fox, big fucking deal. Why is the rightwing acting as if we're all scared or something?

They really don't believe anything was wrong with the way Palin was treated, or the deplorable things they said about her.

They are hate-filled, detestable human beings. The left accused Palin of incest, lying about the father of her special needs child, made fun of a Down syndrome child--and then they sit there and lecture us about civility and our tone.

And did the media report the prominent leftists saying these things?

Hypocrites, all of them.

there used to be a time in Politics when politicians family was left out of it...but that has changed over the years and the people from the left have become as nasty as they get...
now they bring up santorum's dead baby, Palins down syndrome baby, the Bush twins was never left alone...it gets worse every year...

Palin is a commentator. She does not hold an elected office. I'm not certain what your point is exactly.

A decent alternative to what? A political commentator?

My original point was that rightwingers are wrong when they say the Dems are "afraid" of Palin, and they absolutely refuse to see it. That's it. I'm sure you don't agree.

Forum List

Back