Donald John Trump and the "Fireside Tweet"

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
Let's be honest for just a minute, shall we?

We all know that our friends on the left and in the media are LOSING THEIR MINDS over the fact that Trump is using modern means to communicate with the people.

FDR had his "fireside chats"

John F Kennedy used television to circumvent the newspaper barons of his day.

And now we have Trump and his brilliant use of social media to get his unfiltered message out!

So, once again, we have a leader who has figured out how to get around the adversarial media that wants to bring him down.

Am I the only one who believes that had Obama (or any other leftist that pushes social justice) come up with this as a form of communication that he (they) would be lauded as "brilliant" and praised for "speaking directly to the folks"???

We all know it is true.

And now, Trump is suggesting that he may also continue doing rallies!!!

Oh the horror! We have a President that has suggested that he has an interest in staying connected to the people he has sworn to serve!

I mean, that MIGHT be as dangerous to the republic as failing to concede a free and fair election - right?

Iconusaflagsmiley.gif

TRUMP is smart , I like the fireside chats and I think that I remember 'jimmah carter' as he put on a sweater and schmoozed the public . Anyway , Go Trump , stay connected to your base as you have to remember that you will be running again in 4 years . -------------------------- OR , get Ivanka ready to be the first female President .

TRUMP is smart , I like the fireside chats and I think that I remember 'jimmah carter' as he put on a sweater and schmoozed the public . Anyway , Go Trump , stay connected to your base as you have to remember that you will be running again in 4 years . -------------------------- OR , get Ivanka ready to be the first female President .
She will be but not in 4 years.

She will be but not in 4 years.
She won't need to be ready for 8 years,.,,

We all know that our friends on the left and in the media are LOSING THEIR MINDS over the fact that Trump is using modern means to communicate with the people.

And now we have Trump and his brilliant use of social media to get his unfiltered message out!

So, once again, we have a leader who has figured out how to get around the adversarial media that wants to bring him down.

Am I the only one who believes that had Obama (or any other leftist that pushes social justice) come up with this as a form of communication that he (they) would be lauded as "brilliant" and praised for "speaking directly to the folks"???

We all know it is true.

Oh the horror! We have a President that has suggested that he has an interest in staying connected to the people he has sworn to serve!

I mean, that MIGHT be as dangerous to the republic as failing to concede a free and fair election - right?

Iconusaflagsmiley.gif

So you're OK with your governance explained in 140 characters or less? Too bad your IQ isn't that high

So you're OK with your governance explained in 140 characters or less? Too bad your IQ isn't that high

that's the best you have - really?

insulting my IQ?

bottom line - Trump is using a new means of communication to circumvent a hostile media - I pointed out 2 times in recent history this has been done (and done effectively)

There is a famous quote you MAY have heard (or maybe not)

"If I Had More Time, I Would Have Written a Shorter Letter" - this piece of brilliance has been credited to many different folks and no one really knows who came up with it 1st

So, the fact that Trump can communicate his position succinctly is actually a sign of intelligence.

Why am I not surprised that you don't get that???

insulting my IQ?

bottom line - Trump is using a new means of communication to circumvent a hostile media - I pointed out 2 times in recent history this has been done (and done effectively)

"If I Had More Time, I Would Have Written a Shorter Letter" - this piece of brilliance has been credited to many different folks and no one really knows who came up with it 1st

So, the fact that Trump can communicate his position succinctly is actually a sign of intelligence.

I can't insult something you don't have.

We all know it is true.

Iconusaflagsmiley.gif

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

That's fewer than 140 characters. Brevity is the soul of wit.

insulting my IQ?

I can't insult something you don't have.
Turn up the thermostat, give that room temp IQ of yours a chance, and give it a try...:lol:

Trump is afraid of the media, and that is why he will not have a press conference.

He cannot handle questions handed to him without someone intervening and interpreting them for him. He is not fast enough on his feet, he cannot think quickly enough. And you're too stupid to see that.

Trump is afraid of the media, and that is why he will not have a press conference.

He cannot handle questions handed to him without someone intervening and interpreting them for him. He is not fast enough on his feet, he cannot think quickly enough. And you're too stupid to see that.
Never mind.....

Fireside chats are fine....
But Shooting Fire by bullying and stabbing comments is not ok behavior for an adult president.
It is like he can't help himself.
Things are different now....just like we want them.....

What happened to the we will unite america again...Is this ok behavior to you?

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 5h5 hours ago
If my many supporters acted and threatened people like those who lost the election are doing, they would be scorned & called terrible names!

We all know it is true.

Iconusaflagsmiley.gif

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

The Constitution is not 140 characters or less.
Try reading the 1st amendment. The one that Trump is trampling

Fireside chats are fine....
But Shooting Fire by bullying and stabbing comments is not ok behavior for an adult president.
It is like he can't help himself.
Things are different now....just like we want them.....

What happened to the we will unite america again...Is this ok behavior to you?

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 5h5 hours ago
If my many supporters acted and threatened people like those who lost the election are doing, they would be scorned & called terrible names!

Part of the process of uniting involves removing the detritus that impedes a tight seal.

We all know it is true.

Iconusaflagsmiley.gif

The Constitution is not 140 characters or less.
Try reading the 1st amendment. The one that Trump is trampling

If you break it into Twitter bites, it certainly is.

Specifics concerning the "trampling", please. He certainly doesn't seem to have curtailed YOUR speech.

Well there will be a difference in the future, if too many news media networks feel he is getting the upper hand in this, many of them will stop posting his tweets. There are risks for them if they do this, not in terms of providing news, but in terms of their own talking points. News presented to day is cookie cutter, structured around a panel of "experts" giving you their two cents and arguing until the next commercial. Without context it will be tough, but they might try and avoid providing a platform for his tweets.

I heard this morning on CNN that Trump, with the help of his son in law, had signed some sort of agreement with a network to do a number of exclusive interviews. I don't have any of the details, but it was something that was stated on the show.

Forum List

Back