Donald Trump All For Putting The Ten Commandments In Schools

The Ten Commandments are not the basis of our legal system. Most of them aren’t even illegal.

It favors one religion above all others. It has no basis being mandated by government.
Apparently you do NOT understand what they mean. Nobody has a problem with any of the morals that these laws teach.

EVERY RELIGION (including atheists) promote these laws. Why you have a problem with being against lying, murder, marital unfaithfulness, taking a day off from work and etc is something that you need to explain.

We need to remove anything that establishes religion
That’s not what the cited court case says..

And..

Nobody is establishing a religion. Just because you don’t like religious symbolism doesn’t mean they are violating laws by having public displays of it.

As far as I’m aware, there are no laws prohibiting a government from supporting and even promoting a religion..just so long as they don’t make it “the religion of the country”.

“In God We Trust” in emblazoned on our currency, and over the podium in either the house or senate chambers and..

And:

REAFFIRMING ``IN GOD WE TRUST'' AS THE OFFICIAL MOTTO OF THE UNITED
STATES AND SUPPORTING AND ENCOURAGING THE PUBLIC DISPLAY OF THE
NATIONAL MOTTO IN ALL PUBLIC BUILDINGS, PUBLIC SCHOOLS, AND OTHER
GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS

These are not violations of the 1A as they are supporting but not establishing a religion.

The US Constitution overrules the states

Those states signed up to the US Constitution when they became states. When state legislators take office, they swear to uphold the Constitution

they swear to uphold the Constitution

Exactly…and I’ve laid out exactly what that means. 18 delegated powers…the rest to the states and the people.

First Commandment
“I am the Lord thy God, you shall have no Gods before me”

That specifically establishes the God of Moses as the only religion

The commandments are not the basis of our legal system. In fact, only three commandments are against the law
Muslims have no issue with this decalogue. They have this as core tenants of their religion as well. The Buddhists and Hindus don't care by core tenants of their religion. And 90% of atheists simply think it's silly.

So....exactly why are you concerned that a Christian Nation is posting a basic tenant that THE WHOLE WORLD doesn't get offended by?

First Commandment

The commandments are not the basis of our legal system. In fact, only three commandments are against the law

Sure..if you believe in that religion then you obey those commandments, if you don’t..then you ignore them

I can’t understand how Conservatives on this board keep making that statement.

Didn’t you attend school?
When Louisiana became a state, they signed up to the US Constitution and are bound by it.
The Constitution has supreme authority over any laws Louisiana may make
Where in the Constitution does it say you can't post the 10 Commandments in schools, Simp?

That’s not what the cited court case says..

And..

Nobody is establishing a religion. Just because you don’t like religious symbolism doesn’t mean they are violating laws by having public displays of it.

As far as I’m aware, there are no laws prohibiting a government from supporting and even promoting a religion..just so long as they don’t make it “the religion of the country”.

“In God We Trust” in emblazoned on our currency, and over the podium in either the house or senate chambers and..

And:

These are not violations of the 1A as they are supporting but not establishing a religion.
Separation of "church and state " is quoted from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson (not in the Constitution) referencing States Rights and the "Church" is actually what is referred to today as one of the 50 states. Because states had official religions. Virginia Baptists were a terror on anyone not a Baptist. (Which is what the letter discusses) And the Federal "state" Government had no right to intervene in a "church " State Government's practices or laws.

Apparently you do NOT understand what they mean. Nobody has a problem with any of the morals that these laws teach.
Wait, you’re switching from being the basis for legal system to being basis for morality. Interesting because it wasn’t long ago that conservatives said schools don’t teach morality, parents do.
EVERY RELIGION (including atheists) promote these laws. Why you have a problem with being against lying, murder, marital unfaithfulness, taking a day off from work and etc is something that you need to explain
First commandment says to worship the Christian god. I don’t.

Second says to keep holy the sabbath. I don’t.

We can and do teach kids morality in school all the time. Why do we need the Ten Commandments to do so? Where is the commandment for tolerance? What about fairness? What about kindness? What about charity?

First Commandment

No stupid, it doesn't establish anything. Are LA students being forced to join a Christian church? Nope.

Another Trollwinger fail.

Then so is your FORCED DIVERSITY

FORCED DIVERSITY???? WTF is "forced diversity".

Which groups are going to designate for exclusion from the ". . . . that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed" part of the Declaration of Independence.

Which groups are not entitled to equal treatment under the law or in jobs, housing or education? Women? Hispanics? Jews? Muslims? Blacks?

Who gets to decide who is "equal" and who has to go to the back of the line for jobs, housing, education?????

FORCED DIVERSITY???? WTF is "forced diversity".

Which groups are going to designate for exclusion from the ". . . . that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed" part of the Declaration of Independence.

Which groups are not entitled to equal treatment under the law or in jobs, housing or education? Women? Hispanics? Jews? Muslims? Blacks?

Who gets to decide who is "equal" and who has to go to the back of the line for jobs, housing, education?????
Tell me how Drag Hour Book Reading applies to this in school.

If you are an adult and Identify as a Lamp Shade. IDGAF.

Want to go into school and push chidren they are a Lamp Shade you are out of line.

Wait, you’re switching from being the basis for legal system to being basis for morality. Interesting because it wasn’t long ago that conservatives said schools don’t teach morality, parents do.

We can and do teach kids morality in school all the time. Why do we need the Ten Commandments to do so? Where is the commandment for tolerance? What about fairness? What about kindness? What about charity?
Yep..
You continue to demonstrate that you absolutely do not understand the Ten Commandments or know what they actually say. These Law's are an English translation from ancient Hebrew which is a metaphoric language with lots of nuance...and the basis of the Laws of most nations on the planet.

Breaking these Laws gets you punishment just about everywhere in the world....why are you advocating immorality and moral turpitude?

I much prefer Jesus' commandment to "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". It's a fair notion, that doesn't require belief in anything outside of the relationship between you and the people around you or that you do business with.

Like I posted upthread, civilizations began and "morality" began long before Jesus walked the earth and long before Moses came down from that mountain with the tablets. Throughout most of wold history, few people in the world were even aware of the Bible, the Torrah, or the 10 Commandments, and yet nations, peoples, and civilizations rose up all over the world, each with a concept of morality, civilization and law.

Not only are the 10 Commandments irrelevant to creating a "moral nation", they're not even Christian to begin with. There are only 2 Christian Commandments: Love the Lord thy God with all your might; and Love one another as I have loved you.

The 10 Commandments are Jewish.

EVERY RELIGION (including atheists) promote these laws. Why you have a problem with being against lying, murder, marital unfaithfulness, taking a day off from work and etc is something that you need to explain.

I'm a Christian. I don't have a problem with what they teach. But they don't apply to the public schools for the same reason we don't judge people by them in trials. They are God's rules for God's people--specifically, the Israelites. Why are we posting about the Sabbath and adultery in schools, anyway?

I much prefer Jesus' commandment to "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". It's a fair notion, that doesn't require belief in anything outside of the relationship between you and the people around you or that you do business with.

Like I posted upthread, civilizations began and "morality" began long before Jesus walked the earth and long before Moses came down from that mountain with the tablets. Throughout most of wold history, few people in the world were even aware of the Bible, the Torrah, or the 10 Commandments, and yet nations, peoples, and civilizations rose up all over the world, each with a concept of morality, civilization and law.

Not only are the 10 Commandments irrelevant to creating a "moral nation", they're not even Christian to begin with. There are only 2 Christian Commandments: Love the Lord thy God with all your might; and Love one another as I have loved you.

The 10 Commandments are Jewish.

Our national motto is "In God We Trust". It's on all our money. That would make much more sense than the 10 Commandments. The Golden Rule too

Tell me how Drag Hour Book Reading applies to this in school.

If you are an adult and Identify as a Lamp Shade. IDGAF.

Want to go into school and push chidren they are a Lamp Shade you are out of line.

Name one public school which held a "drag queen story hour" anywhere in the USA. There aren't any. Drag Queen Story hours were held at public libraries and are completely voluntary.

Stop parroting the lies of the Chinese, Russian and Iranian propaganda.

With the challenges of teaching through covid pandemic, declining test scores, teacher burnout, and crazy people trying to teach children that slavery was just another form of immigration, there are enough problems in American schools without all of the insanity, book bannings, and accusations of grooming from right wing agitators with an agenda to end public education.

Republicans have been trying to end public schools since 1981, and they view the pandemic as their best opportunity ever to destroy the public education system. Despite the failure of the New Orleans charter school system, these people will not stop until the US public education system is destroyed, because they fear their children will grow up to be liberals and that cannot be allowed to happen.

Forum List

Back