🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Donald Trump Calls For 'Complete Shutdown' Of Muslim Immigration To U.S.

Trump cannot win the general election. His bloviating and flame throwing endears him to a vocal, undereducated and wholly xenophobic minority of right wing fear mongers.

The majority of Americans see clearly that this level of xenophobia is not in line with our national values and ethics. Voters with even a thin veneer of eriudtition regard Trump and a tragic joke loosed upon the serious process of choosing a President.

Any support for Trump and his ridiculous and inflammatory pronouncements comes from the fearful, the angry and the woefully ignorant. They claim to love America, but what about America do they know?

I don't like Trump, but I agree with him about disallowing immigrants from that part of the world. We can't tell who the "bad guys" are because they blend in, and our country's FIRST priority should be we the citizens, not some poor sops from halfway across the world. We should really have nothing to do with them. Trouble follows where ever they go, and future attacks CAN be prevented or at least limited.
We rained trouble down on the Middle East when we agreed with the Neo-Cons and invaded Iraq for no real reason. Remember Colin Powell's "Pottery Barn" riff? You break it, you bought it?

We really have nothing to do with them? We now have everything to do with them.

The refugees are a direct result of our mishandling of the Iraq debacle.

How does it benefit the United States to take in these refugees? Your "feel good" excuse not counting of course.
Folks asked the same about Irish, Italians, Germans etc.

Oh really? Were they going around committing terror attacks?

Trump cannot win the general election. His bloviating and flame throwing endears him to a vocal, undereducated and wholly xenophobic minority of right wing fear mongers.

The majority of Americans see clearly that this level of xenophobia is not in line with our national values and ethics. Voters with even a thin veneer of eriudtition regard Trump and a tragic joke loosed upon the serious process of choosing a President.

Any support for Trump and his ridiculous and inflammatory pronouncements comes from the fearful, the angry and the woefully ignorant. They claim to love America, but what about America do they know?

I don't like Trump, but I agree with him about disallowing immigrants from that part of the world. We can't tell who the "bad guys" are because they blend in, and our country's FIRST priority should be we the citizens, not some poor sops from halfway across the world. We should really have nothing to do with them. Trouble follows where ever they go, and future attacks CAN be prevented or at least limited.
We rained trouble down on the Middle East when we agreed with the Neo-Cons and invaded Iraq for no real reason. Remember Colin Powell's "Pottery Barn" riff? You break it, you bought it?

We really have nothing to do with them? We now have everything to do with them.

The refugees are a direct result of our mishandling of the Iraq debacle.

How does it benefit the United States to take in these refugees? Your "feel good" excuse not counting of course.
Folks asked the same about Irish, Italians, Germans etc.

Bogus. You cannot give me a reason.

Do you really think so? Muslims are very conservative and very religious, so I find it hard to believe they would align themselves with liberals. They are like night and day! Hmm.

Maybe not as much as I thought? 25% refuse to say. 50% say Dem, 15% R.

Muslims increasingly moving away from GOP

Of the nearly 1,000 Muslim registered voters planning to vote, half said they support the Democratic Party, and 15 percent said they back the Republican Party. About one-quarter of the registered voters did not want to share their political affiliation.

“We’ve seen a general trend of Muslims slowly shifting toward the Democratic Party post-2000 and the election of [George W.] Bush,” said Robert McCaw, CAIR government affairs manager. “There has always been Muslim support for Republicans — that 15 percent is pretty constant. What we also see, though, is 23 percent declined to answer or are unaffiliated. Their votes are up for grabs.”

I just keep going over it in my mind. Accepting them doesn't help us. Not accepting them doesn't hurt us. Why are they so darn insistent about us taking in immigrants that we really cannot afford?
It is never good when you alienate or dehumanize one type of people be it a race or culture or religion. Think about any muslims who are now in America that hear these comments. Do you think they have a better chance to steer away from terrorism when hateful words are spouted off by Donald and his followers, when they alone are singled out from immigration, singled out for just traveling to the US, singled out to be registered... Where does it stop? If you think not accepting and demonizing a whole group of people can't hurt you then you have a lot of growing up to do. Treat people the way you want to be treated. Do not antagonize people and shut them out. How do you think terrorists are created in the first place?

Do you really think so? Muslims are very conservative and very religious, so I find it hard to believe they would align themselves with liberals. They are like night and day! Hmm.

Maybe not as much as I thought? 25% refuse to say. 50% say Dem, 15% R.

Muslims increasingly moving away from GOP

Of the nearly 1,000 Muslim registered voters planning to vote, half said they support the Democratic Party, and 15 percent said they back the Republican Party. About one-quarter of the registered voters did not want to share their political affiliation.

“We’ve seen a general trend of Muslims slowly shifting toward the Democratic Party post-2000 and the election of [George W.] Bush,” said Robert McCaw, CAIR government affairs manager. “There has always been Muslim support for Republicans — that 15 percent is pretty constant. What we also see, though, is 23 percent declined to answer or are unaffiliated. Their votes are up for grabs.”

I don't understand why they would align themselves with a party that really doesn't share any of their beliefs. It's a mystery to me. I don't really know how anyone can vote strictly along party lines anyway.

I just keep going over it in my mind. Accepting them doesn't help us. Not accepting them doesn't hurt us. Why are they so darn insistent about us taking in immigrants that we really cannot afford?
It is never good when you alienate or dehumanize one type of people be it a race or culture or religion. Think about any muslims who are now in America that hear these comments. Do you think they have a better chance to steer away from terrorism when hateful words are spouted off by Donald and his followers, when they alone are singled out from immigration, singled out for just traveling to the US, singled out to be registered... Where does it stop? If you think not accepting and demonizing a whole group of people can't hurt you then you have a lot of growing up to do. Treat people the way you want to be treated. Do not antagonize people and shut them out. How do you think terrorists are created in the first place?

What a piss poor excuse for killing. No, sorry, we don't have to "clam up" for fear of offending people. WTF???

Wow is all I can say about this post. Ignorant and childish as hell.

Apparently you have missed the part where they are dehumanizing humans themselves. If they are dehumanized it is being solely self inflicted in this case.

Hitler demonized Jews for political gain. Trump demonizes Mexicans and Muslims for political gain. Therefore, is Adolf Trump better or worse than Hitler?

Although, according to the numbers, the "moderate" Muslims (which I would have to believe are those are not actively practicing their religion), are the majority, they really seem to be the minority. It seems the so called religion has been taken over by the extremist elements, or has it always been that way? The extremists seem to be the ones who are following their holy books. We know they don't have a New Testament, so there is really nothing in their holy books that "moderates" it in a way to fit into modern civilization. It just doesn't belong in today's society. At least not here in America.

Apparently you have missed the part where they are dehumanizing humans themselves. If they are dehumanized it is being solely self inflicted in this case.
Are you stating that all Muslims are terrorists?

How do you tell the difference?

This latest string of posts reminds me of how when gun rights folks bring up roughly the same "cascade" argument about gun control measures, they're told they are being stupid.

So ya know, we passed a number of gun control measures, and back in 2000-whatever we started funding a CDC study to figure out if the gun control laws helped stop gun violence... Here we are nearly 10 years later and what's the CDC found out? "Not enough evidence to determine" because somehow, this study magically never gets finished, we just keep pouring money into it... Still the anti-gunners push for more laws, insisting that it will help stop the criminals from using guns to do illegal things like murdering people, all us gun right supporters have to do is give up our rights.

I will never understand the baffling mental process of the far left...

Hitler demonized Jews for political gain. Trump demonizes Mexicans and Muslims for political gain. Therefore, is Adolf Trump better or worse than Hitler?
Trump has no beard or mustache, JFK had no beard or mustache. Therefore Trump is as good a boat navigator as JFK was!

See how stupid you are? Yet?

Apparently enough are that already in other countries and personally I am unwilling to open the doors and wish them well until we can figure out who is hostile and who is not.

It has been almost twenty years ago I went into a Kmart while working out of town to pick up something I needed for my stay. I won't ever forget the hateful and disdainful looks I received from some guy that dressed like a sheikh or something and his man servant. That made it very obvious that in their eyes I had no right to be in the same isle much less the same store they were in.

Apparently enough are that already in other countries and personally I am unwilling to open the doors and wish them well until we can figure out who is hostile and who is not.

It has been almost twenty years ago I went into a Kmart while working out of town to pick up something I needed for my stay. I won't ever forget the hateful and disdainful looks I received from some guy that dressed like a sheikh or something and his man servant. That made it very obvious that in their eyes I had no right to be in the same isle much less the same store they were in.

A lot of times the women won't even look at you. Almost as if they purposefully try to avoid looking at you. Yeah, they don't seem to be the "friendliest" bunch. Lol.

A lot of times the women won't even look at you. Almost as if they purposefully try to avoid looking at you. Yeah, they don't seem to be the "friendliest" bunch. Lol.
That was down in the Kansas City area of all places. I had on an air force flight suit, (used to buy them used at the base near us, they made great coveralls to work in). But my hair was not covered and I would never cover my face because someone does not think women should be seen or does not have equal rights that a man has.

Donald Trump Is a Bad Person

Can there be any doubt now that Donald Trump is a fascist?

His declaration yesterday that he would close the United States to all Muslim immigrants, including tourists and Muslim American citizens abroad trying to return home, confirmed both his fascistic tendencies and his undisguised bigotry, and made something else clear in the process: that he is simply a bad person.
<more?
We agree with him. So he is only a bad person in your mind not ours.

Forum List

Back