🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Donald Trump Calls For 'Complete Shutdown' Of Muslim Immigration To U.S.

Full Definition of FASCISM
often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control <early instances of army fascism and brutality — J. W. Aldridge>

Considering that the only reason these statements have been made by Trump is because of the dangers posed to Americans - rather than against American's - I believe this is an improper use of the term.

Dear America,

I thought you were at an all time low when you elected George W. Bush... twice. I didn't think you could get any lower. Then you actually allowed some one like Sarah Palin to run for Vice President. Well one again you have lowered my expectations. At first I thought this Trump fellow was some kind of a joke. I thought people were going to say, we fooled those liberals, did they actually believe we would allow such a character like Trump to actually run for President. Reading through these forums I really hoped that this place was infested with trolls. There can't be this much people supporting such racism and bigotry. The rest of the world is going to leave you behind.
Trump's not elected yet, not even nominated. As the field narrows, the second choice favorites of candidate who drop out will become important. Cruz will get a biggest boost followed by Rubio and Carson. The GOP will do everything possible to keep Trump from being nominated but there is a strong possibility that he will win the nomination.

Most troubling for Trump supporters is the growing number of Republicans who will not support him in a general election. Although Donald Trump has signed a pledge to support the Republican Party’s nominee, that doesn’t mean the party’s establishment will support him, should he win the GOP presidential nod.

The big money Republican donors are actually looking to support Hillary Clinton for commander in chief if Trump is at the top of the GOP ticket. Yes, the Democrat Hillary Clinton could be getting millions of dollars from Republicans but the problem goes much further than just the money. As long time Republican mayor Dick Riordan said: “I would probably go find a deserted island if Trump were nominated. "I think Hillary is disgusting. And I think Trump is crazy.” Republican congressman seem to echo Riordan. Over a hundred congressmen have endorsed other candidates. At this point only one congressman has endorsed Trump. Half of the Republican governors have endorsed candidates; none have endorsed Trump. All this is good news for Democrats and bad news for Republicans.

Even better news for Democrats is the rank and file hatred for Trump. If there is anyone that can unite Democrats, it's Trump.

GOP establishment to back Hillary if Trump nominee

I've been sideline reading up on US immigration laws and policies and thought I'd share this: https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/109th-congress-2005-2006/reports/02-28-immigration.pdf

Relevant tidbits:

"The first federal law limiting immigration qualitatively was enacted in 1875, prohibiting the admission of criminals and prostitutes. The following year, in addressing efforts by the states to control immigration, the Supreme Court declared that the regulation of immigration was the exclusive responsibility of the federal government. As the number of immigrants rose, the Congress established the Immigration Service in 1891, and the federal government assumed responsibility for processing all immigrants seeking admission to the United States."

-----
"The Immigration and Nationality Act Amendments of 1965 abolished the national-origins quota system and established a categorical preference system. The new system provided preferences for relatives of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents and for immigrants with job skills deemed useful to the United States. However, it did
not abolish numerical restrictions altogether. For countries in the Eastern Hemisphere (comprising Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia), the amendments set per-country and total immigration caps, as well as a cap for each of the preference categories. Although there was a total cap established on immigration from the Western Hemisphere, neither the preference categories nor per-country limits were applied to immigrants from the Western Hemisphere."

-----
"Under certain conditions, the United States may deny visas or admission on either a temporary or a permanent basis. For example, people may be denied admission on
the grounds of health, criminal history, security or terrorism concerns, the likelihood of their “becoming a public charge,” their seeking work in the United States without
proper labor certification and qualifications, prior illegal entry or violations of immigration law, lack of proper documentation, or previous removal from the country. Those grounds may be waived for certain admission categories."

-----
"The number of refugees admitted to the United States on an annual basis and the allocation of that number between countries are determined by the President in consultation with the Congress. In practice, U.S. policy has been to allow admission of at least half of the refugees identified by the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees as being in need of resettlement."

-----
RE the visa program: "Visas for the diversity program are issued through a lottery administered by the State Department. Eligible countries are sorted into six geographic regions, and visa limits are set for those regions on the basis of immigrant admissions in the past five years and a region’s total population. Applicants must have either a high school diploma process (not all do so) may be granted lawful permanent or its equivalent or two years of work experience within the past five years. Countries that accounted for more than 50,000 immigrant admissions (under the numerically limited categories) during the previous five years are excluded from participation in the program."
----

So it seems to me that just as Obama could unilaterally increase the number of immigrants and refugees accepted from various countries, so too could the next president lower them, including saying "none."

I am still waiting for the unconstitutional argument regarding Trump cutting off ME immigration.

Dear America,

I thought you were at an all time low when you elected George W. Bush... twice. I didn't think you could get any lower. Then you actually allowed some one like Sarah Palin to run for Vice President. Well one again you have lowered my expectations. At first I thought this Trump fellow was some kind of a joke. I thought people were going to say, we fooled those liberals, did they actually believe we would allow such a character like Trump to actually run for President. Reading through these forums I really hoped that this place was infested with trolls. There can't be this much people supporting such racism and bigotry. The rest of the world is going to leave you behind.

its called common sense, lib. If a certain type of people and religion are doing ALL the terrorism in YOUR FREE DEMOCRATIC country and you have to stop it or else you will not have a country then FFS of course its expected and smart and reasonable to stop them from coming in.
Wake up for God sake. Trump is proposing making second class citizens out of 7 to 12 million Muslims in the US, most of which are American citizens. His proposals would be a violation federal law as well as the 1st, 5th, and 14th amendment. And what justifies is this action?

Out of approximately 90,000 murders in the US over the last 5 years Islamic terrorist have kill 38 Americans. That makes the odds of being killed by an Islamic terrorist in the US approximately 1 in 39 million or put another way; you are 43 times more likely to be killed by lightening.

Out of 7 million Muslims in the US 18 of them over the last 5 years have commited terrorist attacks in the US. So following Trump's proposal, it is completely reasonable to punish 6,999,982 people because of the acts of 18 people. As the ex-mayor of Los Angles said, this is insane.

Trump cannot win the general election. His bloviating and flame throwing endears him to a vocal, undereducated and wholly xenophobic minority of right wing fear mongers.

The majority of Americans see clearly that this level of xenophobia is not in line with our national values and ethics. Voters with even a thin veneer of eriudtition regard Trump and a tragic joke loosed upon the serious process of choosing a President.

Any support for Trump and his ridiculous and inflammatory pronouncements comes from the fearful, the angry and the woefully ignorant. They claim to love America, but what about America do they know?
And most likely a majority
How did you come to that conclusion? Republicans themselves are tripping over one another to denounce Trump. And Republicans are not the majority party. Only the under educated, fearful, suspicious and dim witted would support Trump as he abandons American values and civic ethics.

The man was once thought of as a national punchline. Today he is a national disgrace
Trump takes no money from them, he owes them shit. And they better be careful with its base

Dear America,

its called common sense, lib. If a certain type of people and religion are doing ALL the terrorism in YOUR FREE DEMOCRATIC country and you have to stop it or else you will not have a country then FFS of course its expected and smart and reasonable to stop them from coming in.
Wake up for God sake. Trump is proposing making second class citizens out of 7 to 12 million Muslims in the US, most of which are American citizens. His proposals would be a violation federal law as well as the 1st, 5th, and 14th amendment. And what justifies is this action?

Out of approximately 90,000 murders in the US over the last 5 years Islamic terrorist have kill 38 Americans. That makes the odds of being killed by an Islamic terrorist in the US approximately 1 in 39 million or put another way; you are 43 times more likely to be killed by lightening.

Out of 7 million Muslims in the US 18 of them over the last 5 years have commited terrorist attacks in the US. So following Trump's proposal, it is completely reasonable to punish 6,999,982 people because of the acts of 18 people. As the ex-mayor of Los Angles said, this is insane.
Post his statement then. Oh wait, you can't cause he didn't say that. Get your facts straight

yea I agree with JC here, I want to see the source for this:

Wake up for God sake. Trump is proposing making second class citizens out of 7 to 12 million Muslims in the US, most of which are American citizens. His proposals would be a violation federal law as well as the 1st, 5th, and 14th amendment.

Whatever. At least he's taking a strong stand. It's high time someone called it for what it is.

Hitler also took a "strong stand." Remember Koresh? Maybe Christians should have been banned after that mess in Texas? I really didn't think Donald would go this far, but I guess I underestimated him.
Trump pounced on the fear of the illiterate and feeble minded conservatives. Remember he is a businessman and he knows what type of ignorant people he is dealing with.

You Liberals really do need to take the pulse of the American people. It's not only the Conservatives who are fed up with Liberal politics.
You really need to get back on your meds before you shoot up a movie theater. No one of any consequence was duped by Trump except feeble minded, inbred, conservatives.

Discrimination against ANY religious sect is not liberal. It is unconstitution, Fascist, and illegal. But that has never stopped Donald in the past.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!! OH THE IRONY LIB!

LIBS HATE Christians 24/7/365 and do everything to hurt them in every way for the last 50 years you fucking liar.

Hitler also took a "strong stand." Remember Koresh? Maybe Christians should have been banned after that mess in Texas? I really didn't think Donald would go this far, but I guess I underestimated him.
Trump pounced on the fear of the illiterate and feeble minded conservatives. Remember he is a businessman and he knows what type of ignorant people he is dealing with.

You Liberals really do need to take the pulse of the American people. It's not only the Conservatives who are fed up with Liberal politics.
You really need to get back on your meds before you shoot up a movie theater. No one of any consequence was duped by Trump except feeble minded, inbred, conservatives.

Discrimination against ANY religious sect is not liberal. It is unconstitution, Fascist, and illegal. But that has never stopped Donald in the past.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!! OH THE IRONY LIB!

LIBS HATE Christians 24/7/365 and do everything to hurt them in every way for the last 50 years you fucking liar.
Bigots and hypocrites

can muslims lie about their own religion? I mean can they say they are not one when they are questioned about it by a gov. official?

None of the Politicians on either side have much common sense.
Many of them are corrupt.
So you saying that the College that Trump graduated from is not an education?
You think that only those that graduated from Ivy league schools should be President?

No, I'm saying Trump is a dumbarse. Nothing more and nothing less. I think he definitely has a good nose for a deal, but I'm confident those around him are making him the money.

I couldn't care less what college a presidential hopeful went to. Just as long as they are intelligent.

can muslims lie about their own religion? I mean can they say they are not one when they are questioned about it by a gov. official?

hmm that's an interesting question. I don't think it could be used as any kind of criteria for anything. However, I would think that given they believe their religion is the only one that is right, and the only one that will be around in the end, I would guess they couldn't...

Actually I take that back. As I recall they are allowed to lie to non-Muslims so therefore - Yes they could lie about it.

At the end of the day it's the White trash taxpayers who are driving the Beemers, eating in the best restaurants, travelling, wearing the best clothes.
Your 'type'? Not so much. Must suck to be such a loser.

no they don't. They drive pick-ups with gun racks and a meal at McDonalds is a big night out for them.

I've been sideline reading up on US immigration laws and policies and thought I'd share this: https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/109th-congress-2005-2006/reports/02-28-immigration.pdf

Relevant tidbits:

"The first federal law limiting immigration qualitatively was enacted in 1875, prohibiting the admission of criminals and prostitutes. The following year, in addressing efforts by the states to control immigration, the Supreme Court declared that the regulation of immigration was the exclusive responsibility of the federal government. As the number of immigrants rose, the Congress established the Immigration Service in 1891, and the federal government assumed responsibility for processing all immigrants seeking admission to the United States."

-----
"The Immigration and Nationality Act Amendments of 1965 abolished the national-origins quota system and established a categorical preference system. The new system provided preferences for relatives of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents and for immigrants with job skills deemed useful to the United States. However, it did
not abolish numerical restrictions altogether. For countries in the Eastern Hemisphere (comprising Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia), the amendments set per-country and total immigration caps, as well as a cap for each of the preference categories. Although there was a total cap established on immigration from the Western Hemisphere, neither the preference categories nor per-country limits were applied to immigrants from the Western Hemisphere."

-----
"Under certain conditions, the United States may deny visas or admission on either a temporary or a permanent basis. For example, people may be denied admission on
the grounds of health, criminal history, security or terrorism concerns, the likelihood of their “becoming a public charge,” their seeking work in the United States without
proper labor certification and qualifications, prior illegal entry or violations of immigration law, lack of proper documentation, or previous removal from the country. Those grounds may be waived for certain admission categories."

-----
"The number of refugees admitted to the United States on an annual basis and the allocation of that number between countries are determined by the President in consultation with the Congress. In practice, U.S. policy has been to allow admission of at least half of the refugees identified by the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees as being in need of resettlement."

-----
RE the visa program: "Visas for the diversity program are issued through a lottery administered by the State Department. Eligible countries are sorted into six geographic regions, and visa limits are set for those regions on the basis of immigrant admissions in the past five years and a region’s total population. Applicants must have either a high school diploma process (not all do so) may be granted lawful permanent or its equivalent or two years of work experience within the past five years. Countries that accounted for more than 50,000 immigrant admissions (under the numerically limited categories) during the previous five years are excluded from participation in the program."
----

So it seems to me that just as Obama could unilaterally increase the number of immigrants and refugees accepted from various countries, so too could the next president lower them, including saying "none."

I am still waiting for the unconstitutional argument regarding Trump cutting off ME immigration.
Trump is not proposing cutting off immigration of Muslims. He is proposing stopping the entry of all Muslims into the US. That means Muslim who are permanent residents of the US as well as Muslims who are US citizens would not be able to re-enter the US. And that my friend would be a clear violation of the 1st amendment, and depending on the situation a violation of 5th amendment and possibly the 14th amendment.

Furthermore using a religious test for entry into the US would certainly be a violation in spirit if not in actual law of Article 5, "No Religious Test" Clause.

Beyond the law, using religious discrimination for immigration would be "impossible to administer" and "stupidly play into the hands of extreme Islamic terrorists."

The negroes block voted for someone who had the same skin color as they did. That and he promised them "free shit". The 'bar' was laying on the fucking ground for Obama to step over.
He is the worst President the country has ever had.
The good news is there will never be another negro US President.

Oh, I didn't realise you were a racist idiot. If I'd known that I wouldn't have engaged. Buh-bye tosser...

Beyond the law, using religious discrimination for immigration would be "impossible to administer" and "stupidly play into the hands of extreme Islamic terrorists."
The little Hitler Youths are only too happy to do the work of ISIS, for them...

I just keep going over it in my mind. Accepting them doesn't help us. Not accepting them doesn't hurt us. Why are they so darn insistent about us taking in immigrants that we really cannot afford?
It is never good when you alienate or dehumanize one type of people be it a race or culture or religion. Think about any muslims who are now in America that hear these comments. Do you think they have a better chance to steer away from terrorism when hateful words are spouted off by Donald and his followers, when they alone are singled out from immigration, singled out for just traveling to the US, singled out to be registered... Where does it stop? If you think not accepting and demonizing a whole group of people can't hurt you then you have a lot of growing up to do. Treat people the way you want to be treated. Do not antagonize people and shut them out. How do you think terrorists are created in the first place?
Apparently you have missed the part where they are dehumanizing humans themselves. If they are dehumanized it is being solely self inflicted in this case.
Are you stating that all Muslims are terrorists?

How do you tell the difference?
So what you are saying is, if you belong to the same race or religion as a terrorist then you must be treated as one. With your logic not one human being can be differentiated from a terrorist.

I just keep going over it in my mind. Accepting them doesn't help us. Not accepting them doesn't hurt us. Why are they so darn insistent about us taking in immigrants that we really cannot afford?
It is never good when you alienate or dehumanize one type of people be it a race or culture or religion. Think about any muslims who are now in America that hear these comments. Do you think they have a better chance to steer away from terrorism when hateful words are spouted off by Donald and his followers, when they alone are singled out from immigration, singled out for just traveling to the US, singled out to be registered... Where does it stop? If you think not accepting and demonizing a whole group of people can't hurt you then you have a lot of growing up to do. Treat people the way you want to be treated. Do not antagonize people and shut them out. How do you think terrorists are created in the first place?
Apparently you have missed the part where they are dehumanizing humans themselves. If they are dehumanized it is being solely self inflicted in this case.
Are you stating that all Muslims are terrorists?
Apparently enough are that already in other countries and personally I am unwilling to open the doors and wish them well until we can figure out who is hostile and who is not.

It has been almost twenty years ago I went into a Kmart while working out of town to pick up something I needed for my stay. I won't ever forget the hateful and disdainful looks I received from some guy that dressed like a sheikh or something and his man servant. That made it very obvious that in their eyes I had no right to be in the same isle much less the same store they were in.
You were in a KMart, hell I would look at you with disdain too. If you were in a Walmart I probably would have strapped on the explosives.

Forum List

Back