Donald Trump Tells Fox News’ Bret Baier Why He Didn’t Just Return ALL Classified Documents: “I Was Very Busy” To Sort Through Boxes

I need none. Trump is suffering horribly because he cannot construct anything lawfully at all for what he has done.
Trump has put forward many lawful defenses. The problem is that one such defense, actually implicates him in another crime. And the defense of that crime, implicates him in yet another crime.

His lawyers tried to claim that Trump didn't know what was in the boxes, and then Trump claimed he knew what was in the boxes, and he had the right to have their contents.

Like the evidence Marc Furhman gathered DNA without being witnessed. And when it was proven he would lie under oath, the DNA evidence Furhman gathered was suspect.
That's how it works in a common court of law in which justice is determined on the merits of the case. Furhman did find that glove but I don't believe had custody of any of the blood samples at any time. But when subsequently questioned he took the 5th three times that never helps the case for the prosecution.

Nevertheless the defense was able to plant the suggestion that the police either mishandled the blood samples or deliberately placed them strategically. There was no evidence presented of that but O J Simpson fans will forever believe that happened. After watching most of the trial before the jury went out to deliberate, I bet my boss a steak dinner that O J would be acquitted. He took the bet. He bought me a steak dinner. :)

And here we are dealing with a politicized and weaponized DOJ. And it will pull every string at its disposal to ensure Trump will have a hostile judge and jury. And the evidence they will say is irrefutable and it is anybody's guess if anybody deciding his guilt will care that the evidence is suspect.

That's how it works in a common court of law in which justice is determined on the merits of the case. Furhman did find that glove but I don't believe had custody of any of the blood samples at any time. But when subsequently questioned he took the 5th three times that never helps the case for the prosecution.

Nevertheless the defense was able to plant the suggestion that the police either mishandled the blood samples or deliberately placed them strategically. There was no evidence presented of that but O J Simpson fans will forever believe that happened. After watching most of the trial before the jury went out to deliberate, I bet my boss a steak dinner that O J would be acquitted. He took the bet. He bought me a steak dinner. :)

And here we are dealing with a politicized and weaponized DOJ. And it will pull every string at its disposal to ensure Trump will have a hostile judge and jury. And the evidence they will say is irrefutable and it is anybody's guess if anybody deciding his guilt will care that the evidence is suspect.

Jury nulification with OJ.

This is where your argument goes into the crapper.

Right now Trump has a "florida" jury, and a judge that he appointed to the bench.

This is where your argument goes into the crapper.

Right now Trump has a "florida" jury, and a judge that he appointed to the bench.
The DOJ can force the judge out of the case if they choose to do that, and you can be sure they'll do everything in their power to impanel a jury as hostile to Trump as they can get.

I'm not saying they will replace Cannon but she is young and pretty inexperienced. That could make her vulnerable to pressure from the DOJ and don't think it won't be applied.

I am confident President Trump has been 100% railroaded so far in this whole thing, and there is zero reason to think the DOJ will decide to be honorable and just now.

I hope you're right that he'll get a fair trial. I just don't see that happening. I just don't see how that can happen given what we know.

Trump is going to prison and he will plenty of time to sort laundry and anything else he needs to sort.

The DOJ can force the judge out of the case if they choose to do that, and you can be sure they'll do everything in their power to impanel a jury as hostile to Trump as they can get.
Remember, the judge that Trump appointed oversees jury selection. She gets the final word on who's on the jury.

So your argument that DOJ can stack the jury is pure bull shit.

That is definitely not a fact.
Nothing Trump says can be considered "fact".

His lawyers will claim anything Trump said, without being under oath, can be anything from hyperbole to an outright lie. But he has a 1st amendment right to say anything.

We are all busy, right? Too busy is an excuse.
A trail will determine if that excuse holds water.

Fox News has released a preview clip of anchor Bret Baier’s interview with Donald Trump, the former president’s first sit down since he was indicted last week on federal charges related to his withholding of classified documents.

According to the clip (watch it below), Trump offered another explanation for why he didn’t just return the classified material, even in response to a subpoena: He was too busy to sort through the boxes where they were kept.

Trump was busy breaking the law.

Forum List

Back