Donald Trump vows to protect Christianity and protect their heritage

So did the Methodists. Church doctrine has become so worldly it is hard to find a church that adheres to the teachings of the Bible. We are not of the world. God's children are sojourners here. There is no reason to conform. Turning against a church is not the same as turning against your faith.

The Bible is just a very old book written by Men long dead.

That is what you think. That's fine for you to think that. It's not illegal to be wrong.

We know the Bible is the word of G-d in heaven. It has been proven true every time it's been tested.

But you are allowed to believe any nonsense you want. That said, you can spare us "it's just a book" nonsense. You can believe the nonsense, but we know better.

Okay, Trump vows to protect Christianity. What does that mean?

Donald Trump is a Presbyterian, so he says. A Christian denomination, right?

Here is the Presbyterian stance on homosexuality:

The Presbyterian Church (USA) voted to allow same-gender marriages on 19 June 2014 during its 221st General Assembly, making it one of the largest Christian denominations in the world to openly accept same-sex unions. This vote effectively lifted a previous ban and allows pastors to perform marriages in jurisdictions where it is legal. Additionally, the Assembly voted to send out a proposed amendment to the Book of Order that would change the definition of marriage from "between a man and a woman" to "between two people, traditionally between a man and a woman." This amendment needed to be approved by a majority of the 171 Presbyteries to take effect.[19][20] It was approved by a majority of the 171 Presbyteries in March 2015, and so it was included in the church’s Book of Order, taking effect on June 21, 2015.[19]

Will Trump defend that? Or will he turn against his own Christian faith?

I don't care. That's his problem. Mine is, which candidate is best for America? A known lying felon committing scandal plagued career corrupt politician? Or Trump?

Trump.

Which felon are you referring to?

I am unaware of any felony committed by Trump while in office. Since I specifically referred to someone who committed felonies while in office, that would exclude someone who hasn't been in office yet. Or do you think "politician" doesn't mean someone who was in political office?

You didn't identify the felon you referred to. A felon is someone convicted of a felony.

So did the Methodists. Church doctrine has become so worldly it is hard to find a church that adheres to the teachings of the Bible. We are not of the world. God's children are sojourners here. There is no reason to conform. Turning against a church is not the same as turning against your faith.

That is what you think. That's fine for you to think that. It's not illegal to be wrong.

We know the Bible is the word of G-d in heaven. It has been proven true every time it's been tested.

But you are allowed to believe any nonsense you want. That said, you can spare us "it's just a book" nonsense. You can believe the nonsense, but we know better.

There is absolutely no proof that the Bible was written by a supernatural being.

It's doublespeak, he is really saying what evangelicals want to hear, "I will give Christians preferential treatment over other religions and side with them and work to restore them as the defacto religion in the US."

Christians only 'feel' they are 'under attack' because their iron grip on controlling and dominating the culture is slipping away. They will vote for any tyrant that promises their continued dominance. This is how 'christians' have acted throughout history. They will kiss the ass of any strongman that says he will uphold their desire to dominate the culture.

It of course is not Constitutional and requires usurping and stepping on the rights of those who aren't 'christians', but Christians couldn't care less. They want whatever power is in charge to further their religion. Period.

It's doublespeak, he is really saying what evangelicals want to hear, "I will give Christians preferential treatment over other religions and side with them and work to restore them as the defacto religion in the US."

Christians only 'feel' they are 'under attack' because their iron grip on controlling and dominating the culture is slipping away. They will vote for any tyrant that promises their continued dominance. This is how 'christians' have acted throughout history. They will kiss the ass of any strongman that says he will uphold their desire to dominate the culture.

It of course is not Constitutional and requires usurping and stepping on the rights of those who aren't 'christians', but Christians couldn't care less. They want whatever power is in charge to further their religion. Period.

Well given how we have done the opposite of what you just said... it would not surprise me much if some Christian do want what you said.

For me personally, from a purely practical perspective... the faithless society is what we've been pushing for over a several decades. How's that working for us? Not too good it seems.

The Bible was written by 40 men independent of one another, yet their works fit together perfectly. They were all guided by the Holy Spirit.
Hemingway is also long dead. His works are not. Christ's words will never pass away.

The Presbyterian Church (USA) voted to allow same-gender marriages on 19 June 2014 during its 221st General Assembly, making it one of the largest Christian denominations in the world to openly accept same-sex unions. This vote effectively lifted a previous ban and allows pastors to perform marriages in jurisdictions where it is legal. Additionally, the Assembly voted to send out a proposed amendment to the Book of Order that would change the definition of marriage from "between a man and a woman" to "between two people, traditionally between a man and a woman." This amendment needed to be approved by a majority of the 171 Presbyteries to take effect.[19][20] It was approved by a majority of the 171 Presbyteries in March 2015, and so it was included in the church’s Book of Order, taking effect on June 21, 2015.[19]

I don't care. That's his problem. Mine is, which candidate is best for America? A known lying felon committing scandal plagued career corrupt politician? Or Trump?

Trump.

Which felon are you referring to?

I am unaware of any felony committed by Trump while in office. Since I specifically referred to someone who committed felonies while in office, that would exclude someone who hasn't been in office yet. Or do you think "politician" doesn't mean someone who was in political office?

You didn't identify the felon you referred to. A felon is someone convicted of a felony.

I think it's someone who commits felonies. All felons aren't convicted.

Trump.

Since I first heard of Trump he hasn't spoken more than three minutes without telling a bold faced lie!

There is absolutely no proof that the Bible was written by a supernatural being.

The bible was written by men who wanted control of other men. By men who wanted part of other men's wealth. It worked:

c18-kerala.jpg

25.jpg

Last edited:
Jesus had nothing to do with Politics and stated that politics was not the way to find him.
Should the Christians not emulate Jesus?

Jesus was well aware of politics, and rejected it for the Kingdom of God instead. So, what should a Christian do? Do as Jesus did? Or the opposite of what Jesus did?

THe political situation is a lot different now.

Which you know of course. YOu are just trying to troll Christians.

Find for me where he says you CAN'T.
Easy.

Matthew 21:

21From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

22Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”

23Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

24Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 27For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

28“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

The things of man are political things, human concerns and nothing a Christian should concern themselves with. Politics is Caesar, nothing at all godly.

Paying Taxes to Caesar
(Matthew 22:15-22; Mark 12:13-17)

19When the scribes and chief priests realized that Jesus had spoken this parable against them, they sought to arrest Him that very hour. But they were afraid of the people.

20So they watched Him closely and sent spies who pretended to be sincere. They were hoping to catch Him in His words in order to hand Him over to the rule and authority of the governor. 21“Teacher,” they inquired, “we know that You speak and teach correctly. You show no partiality, but teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. 22Is it lawful for us to pay taxes to Caesar or not?”

23But Jesus saw through their duplicity and said to them, 24“Show Me a denarius.b Whose image and inscription are on it?”

“Caesar’s,” they answered.

25So Jesus told them, “Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

26And they were unable to trap Him in His words before the people; and astonished at His answer, they fell silent.

Jesus had nothing at all to do with politics, and neither should anyone who followers him. Politics is a game for whores. Is that what a believer in Christ should seek to become? To cut deals with other political devils?

So you quoted parts talking about paying taxes, which I agree. And you covered the parts talking about human concerns verses G-dly concerns. I agree.

Now where does it say that in a democracy Christians shouldn't vote, or make their voices heard?

You do realize that most of the old testament involves politics, Kings, Queens, serving in the government, and even changing the laws of the land?

You people take a passage, pull a few quotes out of context, and then just make it all up. Nothing you claim, is what was in the passage. Bonkers. You people are bonkers.
I'll let Saint Paul explain it to you.

Romans 13:

Submit to Government
13 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. 5 Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.

Now, these Christians, fighting against the government, using politics to get their way, are they obeying the teachings of Paul? The teachings f Jesus being focused on 'human concerns"?

And I never, ever, quote out of context.

And this is the lib that denied wanting to shut Christians out of politics...
Whether they are shut out or not doesn't matter a damn. Like seeking wealth Jesus taught them to do no such thing. He did not seek wealth, he did not engage in politics so, what should a faithful Christian do, emulate Jesus and obey his teachings or be like Trump and seek wealth and political power?

Wanting economic policy that protects your ability to provide for you family is hardly, "seeking wealth" and voting for or even organizing for political programs that you think are best for the nation based on your world view is not "seeking political power".

Try to be less of a dishonest person.

This is about you not wanting Christians resisting your lefties agenda.

Find for me where he says you CAN'T.
Easy.

Matthew 21:

21From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

22Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”

23Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

24Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? 27For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

28“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

The things of man are political things, human concerns and nothing a Christian should concern themselves with. Politics is Caesar, nothing at all godly.

Paying Taxes to Caesar

19When the scribes and chief priests realized that Jesus had spoken this parable against them, they sought to arrest Him that very hour. But they were afraid of the people.

20So they watched Him closely and sent spies who pretended to be sincere. They were hoping to catch Him in His words in order to hand Him over to the rule and authority of the governor. 21“Teacher,” they inquired, “we know that You speak and teach correctly. You show no partiality, but teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. 22Is it lawful for us to pay taxes to Caesar or not?”

23But Jesus saw through their duplicity and said to them, 24“Show Me a denarius.b Whose image and inscription are on it?”

25So Jesus told them, “Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

26And they were unable to trap Him in His words before the people; and astonished at His answer, they fell silent.

Jesus had nothing at all to do with politics, and neither should anyone who followers him. Politics is a game for whores. Is that what a believer in Christ should seek to become? To cut deals with other political devils?

So you quoted parts talking about paying taxes, which I agree. And you covered the parts talking about human concerns verses G-dly concerns. I agree.

Now where does it say that in a democracy Christians shouldn't vote, or make their voices heard?

You do realize that most of the old testament involves politics, Kings, Queens, serving in the government, and even changing the laws of the land?

You people take a passage, pull a few quotes out of context, and then just make it all up. Nothing you claim, is what was in the passage. Bonkers. You people are bonkers.

Romans 13:

Submit to Government
13 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. 5 Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.

Now, these Christians, fighting against the government, using politics to get their way, are they obeying the teachings of Paul? The teachings f Jesus being focused on 'human concerns"?

Well he's trying to twist the argument around, so that he can claim deniability. He's trying to twist the teachings of the Bible, to claim we should supposedly shut ourselves out of politics. That way he can claim he's not doing it.

He's liar. He's lied a dozens times in just the few posts of his I've read. Typical left-wing logic. Nothing new or surprising here.

Well said.

I cannot, for the life of me, imagine the self image of people who spend so much time and energy being dishonest.

How do they reconcile that with their belief that they are good people?

Or do they active embrace the idea that they are bad people fighting for the Greater Bad for as many people as they can harm?

First you run down Jesus and now you defend him by knocking Trump. Take your meds.
Yeshua was an interesting fellow, the people who claim to follow him and call him Jesus are morons. But nothing in Trumps life would qualify as something Yeshua would approve of. Not a goddamn thing. Trump is exactly what Yeshua told people not to be.

This is what Christ told people:
1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
Trump never, ever looks at himself except to say what a wonder he is in the mirror. Take your own advice, Christ-bitch.

People like you don't draw others to your Lord, you repel them. Trump is, like you, exactly what Jesus said one should not be. If Trump had any power he would be the anti-Christ as he is nothing like the Christ, and neither are you.

I'm pretty sure you suffered from this rancor before you ran into me. I'll bet I'm not the first one you crowned Christ-bitch. And you know nothing of my walk, pup. So simmer your butt down. I know I have the peace of mind to be able to respond to a post without my head exploding. Try that...
Sincerely,
Bitch for Christ :eusa_angel:
If you knew even the smallest bit of the Christ, you wouldn't be here and you wouldn't be who you are here, Christ-bitch.

Wow. What an asshole you are.

Yeshua was an interesting fellow, the people who claim to follow him and call him Jesus are morons. But nothing in Trumps life would qualify as something Yeshua would approve of. Not a goddamn thing. Trump is exactly what Yeshua told people not to be.

This is what Christ told people:
1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
Trump never, ever looks at himself except to say what a wonder he is in the mirror. Take your own advice, Christ-bitch.

People like you don't draw others to your Lord, you repel them. Trump is, like you, exactly what Jesus said one should not be. If Trump had any power he would be the anti-Christ as he is nothing like the Christ, and neither are you.

I'm pretty sure you suffered from this rancor before you ran into me. I'll bet I'm not the first one you crowned Christ-bitch. And you know nothing of my walk, pup. So simmer your butt down. I know I have the peace of mind to be able to respond to a post without my head exploding. Try that...
Sincerely,
Bitch for Christ :eusa_angel:
If you knew even the smallest bit of the Christ, you wouldn't be here and you wouldn't be who you are here, Christ-bitch.

Wow. What an asshole you are.
That's honesty, the kind Jesus used when he called Peter a satan and the kind he used when chasing the money changers from the temple. Was he also an asshole, or was he being honest?

If you are here arguing politics and telling everyone they are immoral but your shit don't stink then you are being nothing like Jesus. You also aren't saving souls. I'm simply pointing that out.

Easy.

Matthew 21:

Paying Taxes to Caesar

Romans 13:

Submit to Government

Whether they are shut out or not doesn't matter a damn. Like seeking wealth Jesus taught them to do no such thing. He did not seek wealth, he did not engage in politics so, what should a faithful Christian do, emulate Jesus and obey his teachings or be like Trump and seek wealth and political power?

Wanting economic policy that protects your ability to provide for you family is hardly, "seeking wealth" and voting for or even organizing for political programs that you think are best for the nation based on your world view is not "seeking political power".

Try to be less of a dishonest person.

This is about you not wanting Christians resisting your lefties agenda.
Trump has spent his entire life seeking earthly wealth, power, and glory, and now he wants political power. And Christian, just by voting for him, are supporting that and it is exactly those kinds of things that directly contradict the teachings of the Christ.

If you are worried about money or politics then you are in complete contradiction to the teachings of Jesus. Try reading the fucking Gospels.

And what this is about is people who call themselves followers of Jesus actually obeying his fucking teachings!!!

Shakespeare is long dead too. Guess we should throw all his stuff in the trash too..
What you should do is read both his works and the Bible the very same way - seeking their truths but don't treat either as eternal truth since neither one is. Would you bet your soul, or that of others, on King Lear? Well, don't bet it on King David either. Both are more myth than anything else.

You might be able to find a witch being burned in Shakespeare but that doesn't mean we make that a law just because he wrote it down.

Word of God? That is idiotic. The Bible doesn't even agree with itself, not even in first two chapters with two creation stories. It can't even decide how Eve came to be? I think an all-knowing eternal omnipotent being could at least get that much right.

To win the Election, Hillary needs Christians despite locking up the Jewish, Muslim, and Atheist Vote. Further, Blacks and Latinos are Christian.....much to the chagrin of Democrats and Liberals. Obama says we are not a Christian nation and Trump simply says he wants to preserve and protect Christians. DO you people hate Christians that much??
Christians do not kill you when you criticize them, so it is always open season. It makes you wonder why Islam gets respect from the same people who tear Christianity apart.
All religion is garbage. At least the Muslims actually obey, at times, the teachings their holy book. Good luck finding a Christian you can say that about and certainly not those here.

Forum List

Back