Dont dress black and you should be fine

Every so often at work, I have to tell meatheads like to "pull up your pants" >>>

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/Sagging-Pants.jpg.html][/URL]

On occasion, you'll get an idiot who disregards the request and a week or two later, we fire their ass. But even those that need reminders every so often, we know they are not long for the job...........rarely make it to 90 days.

Just look at what this guy and his kids have to do just to not be seen as a criminal first. Because not being a criminal isnt enough you have to

Dress different
Warm Colors
No hoodies
No tennis shoes
Dont hold anything in your hand that could be "seen" as a weapon....like a cell phone, a spatula, an object of any kind or nothing at all.
etc etc etc

Whats sad is that you make a big deal out of a black father teaching his son how to dress proper.

Just look at what this guy and his kids have to do just to not be seen as a criminal first. Because not being a criminal isnt enough you have to

Dress different
Warm Colors
No hoodies
No tennis shoes
Dont hold anything in your hand that could be "seen" as a weapon....like a cell phone, a spatula, an object of any kind or nothing at all.
etc etc etc

Whats sad is that you make a big deal out of a black father teaching his son how to dress proper.

Liberals are shocked that ANY black father still lives with his family. Ever noticed that? I mean, on the RIGHT we don't look at color as much as we look at society as a whole. We see intact black families, most of which are doing well. We champion them. Liberals call them uncle toms. You're right about the libs in this thread bitching because a black father is actually daring to do his job. It doesn't get any more pathetic than that.

Dress different
Warm Colors
No hoodies
No tennis shoes
etc etc etc

Liberals are shocked that ANY black father still lives with his family. Ever noticed that? I mean, on the RIGHT we don't look at color as much as we look at society as a whole. We see intact black families, most of which are doing well. We champion them. Liberals call them uncle toms. You're right about the libs in this thread bitching because a black father is actually daring to do his job. It doesn't get any more pathetic than that.

I'm sorry you're confusing "dressing proper" (whatever that means) to dressing so his son doesnt get shot by police.

How do you dress to make sure you dont get shot? Isnt it great to not even have to think of that type of thing and be and dress the way you want to?

Must be awesome

Dress different
Warm Colors
No hoodies
No tennis shoes
etc etc etc

Here's an idea: DON'T FUCKING COMMIT CRIMES. That'll keep you from being profiled by the police. Don't rob fucking stores. Don't commit murder. Don't deal drugs. Don't commit rape.
You know. The biggies.
Act like a fucking human being and you'll be fine.

That doesnt work if your Black. They shoot and harass you anyway.

Thats what stop and frisk was all about. But since it only happened to black people whites were all like "Why dont you want to talk to the police? By Force? And be checked? Randomly? For no reason?

Whats wrong with that? Then the TSA asks them to take off their shoes and they run 10,000 news stories about the "inconvenience"

It's good to see Republicans argue against"content of your character"... refreshing actually

If a bunch of people who look like me start committing violent crimes, I'd be more mad at them for making me a target for scrutiny than I would be at the police for scrutinizing me. Just saying.
Thats because you are pretty stupid. The police have brains. I am mad at them for not using them.

No wonder you keep getting hassled, with an attitude like that.

It's good to see Republicans argue against"content of your character"... refreshing actually

If a bunch of people who look like me start committing violent crimes, I'd be more mad at them for making me a target for scrutiny than I would be at the police for scrutinizing me. Just saying.
Thats because you are pretty stupid. The police have brains. I am mad at them for not using them.

No wonder you keep getting hassled, with an attitude like that.

Using the "attitude detector" police know to single out blacks.

Thats a new one

Dress different
Warm Colors
No hoodies
No tennis shoes
etc etc etc

Lawrence Otis Graham is a Special Counsel at Cuddy & Feder LLP.

I doubt his law firm would employ him if he came to work in a hoody with his pants on the ground.

Dress different
Warm Colors
No hoodies
No tennis shoes
etc etc etc

I doubt his law firm would employ him if he came to work in a hoody with his pants on the ground.

And what does that have to do with this topic thats not about his job or work attire?

Dress different
Warm Colors
No hoodies
No tennis shoes
etc etc etc

And what does that have to do with this topic thats not about his job or work attire?

Lawrence Otis Graham has made a successful life for himself and his family by getting an education and a good paying professional job. There are far more reasons to Not Dress Like A Hoodlum besides wanting to avoid attracting the rightful suspicion of law enforcement.

Of course, you'd call what he's doing as "acting white" - to financially and socially functional people, he's being responsible.

Dress different
Warm Colors
No hoodies
No tennis shoes
etc etc etc

Lawrence Otis Graham has made a successful life for himself and his family by getting an education and a good paying professional job. There are far more reasons to Not Dress Like A Hoodlum besides wanting to avoid attracting the rightful suspicion of law enforcement.

Of course, you'd call what he's doing as "acting white" - to financially and socially functional people, he's being responsible.

So despite him saying that is his reason you want to make this about your reasons and make assumptions about me as usual.

Thats all you got? Made up scenarios and musings on what others think?

Dress different
Warm Colors
No hoodies
No tennis shoes
etc etc etc

Most of that applies to anyone, bigot.

Sure it does...I saw a story last week about how whites gave their sons "the talk" about law enforcement. :rolleyes:

What was your discussion like? I bet it was different than mine or any other blacks

a fb entry? srsly?

Dress different
Warm Colors
No hoodies
No tennis shoes
etc etc etc

So despite him saying that is his reason you want to make this about your reasons and make assumptions about me as usual.

Just pull your pants up, don't attack cops or loot and you'll be fine.

Except no...Cant take off my skin.

But its great that Repubs are publicly arguing against "content of character" and going with the "judge a book by its cover"

Dress different
Warm Colors
No hoodies
No tennis shoes
etc etc etc

I'd say he's falling for the race baiting stance adopted by Obama, Holder, Sharpton et al.

Lawrence Otis Graham went to Harvard Law School. He has a successful life. Perhaps he now wants to go into politics and sees an opening upon which to capitalize.

I bet he dressed nicely for his career long before this hoody-thug nonsense.

Dress different
Warm Colors
No hoodies
No tennis shoes
etc etc etc

I'd say he's falling for the race baiting stance adopted by Obama, Holder, Sharpton et al.

Of course you'd say that...You're white and dont have any experience in fearing police just because you exist and they have a history. To you this is all made up.

Thats why you dont understand. You think this is about dressing dandy lol...No this is about dressing for survival

Lawrence Otis Graham went to Harvard Law School. He has a successful life. Perhaps he now wants to go into politics and sees an opening upon which to capitalize.

Where he went to school isnt the topic. Success isnt the topic. Perhaps you want to deflect.

But its great that Repubs are publicly arguing against "content of character" and going with the "judge a book by its cover"

Race baiter.

America is not a racist country. If it were, Obama would never have been elected.

Despite your politically motivated race baiting, most people judge others by their words, behavior and attitudes. Walk around with a big hostile chip on your shoulder...and people will think you are an asshole to be avoided no matter what your skin color is.

Of course you'd say that...You're white and dont have any experience in fearing police just because you exist and they have a history. To you this is all made up.

Thats why you dont understand. You think this is about dressing dandy lol...No this is about dressing for survival

Where he went to school isnt the topic. Success isnt the topic. Perhaps you want to deflect.

Disingenuous poppycock. A HARVARD EDUCATED LAWYER dresses like a professional and teaches his children to dress in a proper fashion as well.

He wouldn't be a HARVARD EDUCATED LAWYER if he walked around in hoody ala Trayvon.

Race baiter.

America is not a racist country. If it were, Obama would never have been elected.

There you go again lol

Despite your politically motivated race baiting, most people judge others by their words, behavior and attitudes. Walk around with a big hostile chip on your shoulder...and people will think you are an asshole to be avoided no matter what your skin color is.

not you buddy you just spent this whole thread arguing against judging people based on who they are and promoted going after people the way they dress.

"Hey that guy has on a Turban! Must be a Terrorist"

Hey thats not right

"Hey that guy has on a hoodie! Must be a thug"

Right on my cracker brother

Forum List

Back