Don't monkey up the election!

You're kidding me right?
You've never been told by an adult as a child not to monkey with something?
I'm not going PC on you.

I'm laughing at the madness of the whole show - at his absolutely comical tone-deafness, and at anticipating the predictable, right-on-cue feigned outrage for political advantage (as I point out in post 27). The whole fucking loopy partisan circus.

The country has completely lost its shit, and sometimes all you can do is just giggle at the psychopathy. There's not much else you can do.

Last edited:
Holy shit, you can't make this up:

DeSantis warns Floridians not to "monkey this up"

DeSantis' opponent:

Andrew-Gillum-DNC-Caro.jpg

Dog Whistle

Definition....

When democrats want to smear an innocent individual, in particular someone who threatens their political power, they use the word dog whistle to accuse the individual of being a racist. They state the individual who used innocent words of secretly sending out a racist message....and the message is only racist because it serves the purpose of the democrats to smear the innocent individual with the title of Racist.

End Definition.
Agreed completely. Please see post 120.

I'm not sure what your references to "here" mean. I haven't mentioned a "here"; I simply analyzed common US English phrases and the speaker's delivery of an uncommon one. Which is neither 'here' nor 'there'.

I am suggesting that if you cannot say it is a common phrase "there" where you are, then is still doesn't make a difference "here" where I am. In US English that means there is no reason to analyze anything, because I wasn't asking any questions. There is no reason to argue, because any argument still wouldn't change the fact it is a common phrase "here".

That was an unfortunate choice of words.
maybe. but it really doesn't matter because the left will take it in the worst possible way and run with it. the trick is - did he *mean* it like that and no, i don't believe so.

we really need to stop inventing reasons to be mad. there's enough legitimate ones out there to choose from w/o doing that.

That was an unfortunate choice of words.
maybe. but it really doesn't matter because the left will take it in the worst possible way and run with it. the trick is - did he *mean* it like that and no, i don't believe so.

we really need to stop inventing reasons to be mad. there's enough legitimate ones out there to choose from w/o doing that.

Of course. You only get mad legitimately. Show us the way!

I just read a source claiming that the DeSantis comment has now made FRONT PAGE NEWS in Canada.

The Globe and Mail, Canada's second most circulated daily is running this FRONT PAGE
Trump-backed candidate’s ‘monkey’ comment draws fire in Florida governor’s race

This story is blowing up big time, international.

DeSantis killed his own run for Florida Gov. by opening his own mouth; how smart is that?
Silly newb, Canada don’t mean shit, for that matter neither does this fake incident. This story is a big nothing, will not have legs, and will affect no votes in November. But keep trying, who knows, maybe you can score some points in government class when you show this thread around.

Trump has made it okay to put away the dog whistle and whip out the bullhorn.
Especially loved the reference to how he is "articulate" - which of course is evidence that he believes most blacks are not. And the reference to "performing well" - suggesting Gillum would be better suited for the NFL.
This is gonna get worse kids - Not better. Thanks a ton Orange Shitgibbon.

1baa9d7831b47774df3514ffc2d6b88e.jpg

As I already noted above in a post which has now expired from the quote nest, I don't know if he's using a racial slur or not --- only he does. But how it would help his campaign is an easy question to answer. Race-baiting calls attention to a base he might wish to cultivate, a base that might not be paying close attention, and how has been 'signaled' that there's one of "them" running so they'd better get out and vote.

That's pretty much the point Pogo. When you say you don't know if he meant it as a racial slur, there are shitload of people who are saying, you are among the race consumed, partisan goofballs, race-baiting by suggesting it could be to start with. I think you miss how actually common the phrase is and how stupid it makes you look to suggest it has something to do with race.

As I already noted above in a post which has now expired from the quote nest, I don't know if he's using a racial slur or not --- only he does. But how it would help his campaign is an easy question to answer. Race-baiting calls attention to a base he might wish to cultivate, a base that might not be paying close attention, and how has been 'signaled' that there's one of "them" running so they'd better get out and vote.

That's pretty much the point Pogo. When you say you don't know if he meant it as a racial slur, there are shitload of people who are saying, you are among the race consumed, partisan goofballs race-baiting by suggesting it could be to start with. I think you miss how actually common the phrase is and how stupid it makes you look to suggest it has something to do with race.
That's where our politics are now: Take the slightest perceived potential advantage and blow it up by a factor of a thousand.

Then be really, really outraged.

This actually gets us nowhere, of course.

He's just getting his GOP base riled up to vote.

He knows if he runs as a racist, it gets them motivated.
Yet the only ones claiming he is a racist are libtard morons like you.

Sorry Mikey - Any combination of a black person and the word "monkey" is out of bounds RACIST.
You are welcome to spew that nonsense but not if you're running to be governor of the fourth larges state.

That's pretty much the point Pogo. When you say you don't know if he meant it as a racial slur, there are shitload of people who are saying, you are among the race consumed, partisan goofballs race-baiting by suggesting it could be to start with. I think you miss how actually common the phrase is and how stupid it makes you look to suggest it has something to do with race.
That's where our politics are now: Take the slightest perceived potential advantage and blow it up by a factor of a thousand.

Then be really, really outraged.

This actually gets us nowhere, of course.

So, call out those who do it. Don't blame the poor sap who doesn't have a Masters's degree in self censorship.

Forum List

Back