Don't monkey up the election!

"To monkey around" is a common metaphor. To" throw a monkey wrench into" something is another common metaphor. To "monkey up" is not..

I am afraid you misunderstood that I indicated it was a common phrase here, and means to mess something up, and always has. Sorry if you thought I was asking whether or not you agreed with that, because it doesn't matter if you do. Whatever excuse you want to make, won't change the fact it's a common phrase here. If you want to be offended or try to make it a racial issue, I already said "that's your stupid problem".

I just read a source claiming that the DeSantis comment has now made FRONT PAGE NEWS in Canada.

This story is blowing up big time, international.

DeSantis killed his own run for Florida Gov. by opening his own mouth; how smart is that? :21:

When you monkey around, you waste time. When you monkey around with something, you often fiddle with it in an attempt to fix it or figure it out. You might, for example, monkey around with your dad's broken computer.

DeSantis used the term, "monkey it up" when referring to his opponent.

I have never heard the term 'monkey it up.'

At a minimum = extremely poor choice of words by DeSantis that demonstrates he is not a thinking man.

At the worst = DeSantis is a racist.

DeSantis, by his own words, left plenty of room for speculation so, it's like take your pick.

I just read a source claiming that the DeSantis comment has now made FRONT PAGE NEWS in Canada.

DeSantis killed his own run for Florida Gov. by opening his own mouth; how smart is that? :21:
The left wing in Canada and Europe literally think Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin are saints.

Very very stupid people.

Yes; Canadians are very stupid. They never get into wars & get their sons killed for no reason. Very stupid.

"To monkey around" is a common metaphor. To" throw a monkey wrench into" something is another common metaphor. To "monkey up" is not..

I am afraid you misunderstood that I indicated it was a common phrase here, and means to mess something up, and always has. Sorry if you thought I was asking whether or not you agreed with that, because it doesn't matter if you do. Whatever excuse you want to make, won't change the fact it's a common phrase here. If you want to be offended or try to make it a racial issue, I already said "that's your stupid problem".

I'm not sure what your references to "here" mean. I haven't mentioned a "here"; I simply analyzed common US English phrases and the speaker's delivery of an uncommon one. Which is neither 'here' nor 'there'.

Last edited:

I'm not sure what your references to "here" mean. I haven't mentioned a "here"; I simply analyzed common US English phrases and the speaker's delivery of it. Which is neither 'here' nor 'there'.
What does 'monkey up' mean to you? Is the subject always a negro?

Sounds kinda racist of you.

I'm not sure what your references to "here" mean. I haven't mentioned a "here"; I simply analyzed common US English phrases and the speaker's delivery of an uncommon one. Which is neither 'here' nor 'there'.

Never heard it before today. That's uh, kind of why it stands out here. Phrases tend to stand out when they're out of the ordinary. Before George Allen I didn't know the word "macaca" either.

If he had said "we can't fuck this up" I wouldn't have thought he was talking about sex, but that's a common phrase.

The left wing in Canada and Europe literally think Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin are saints.

Very very stupid people.

Yes; Canadians are very stupid. They never get into wars & get their sons killed for no reason. Very stupid.
Canadians have been to plenty of wars, idiot.

Never heard it before today. That's uh, kind of why it stands out here. Phrases tend to stand out when they're out of the ordinary. Before George Allen I didn't know the word "macaca" either.

If he had said "we can't fuck this up" I wouldn't have thought he was talking about sex, but that's a common phrase.
Is your answer a yes or no?

When you monkey around, you waste time. When you monkey around with something, you often fiddle with it in an attempt to fix it or figure it out. You might, for example, monkey around with your dad's broken computer.

DeSantis used the term, "monkey it up" when referring to his opponent.

I have never heard the term 'monkey it up.'

At a minimum = extremely poor choice of words by DeSantis that demonstrates he is not a thinking man.

At the worst = DeSantis is a racist.

DeSantis, by his own words, left plenty of room for speculation so, it's like take your pick.
Everyone uses their own phrases.

Monkey it up is OBVIOUSLY a play on both “monkey business” and “MUCK it up”.

As your reading teacher will explain to you I just told you. I never heard it before today, therefore it came with no meaning. That's the question...... isn't it.

As your reading teacher will explain to you I just told you. I never heard it before today, therefore it came with no meaning. That's the question...... isn't it.
No, the question is, why do you think he was using it as a racial slur? In what way would that help his campaign? If you cant give a VERY good answer to that question that makes sense, then we know you dont believe it yourself.

No, the question is, why do you think he was using it as a racial slur? In what way would that help his campaign? If you cant give a VERY good answer to that question that makes sense, then we know you dont believe it yourself.

As I already noted above in a post which has now expired from the quote nest, I don't know if he's using a racial slur or not --- only he does. But how it would help his campaign is an easy question to answer. Race-baiting calls attention to a base he might wish to cultivate, a base that might not be paying close attention, and how has been 'signaled' that there's one of "them" running so they'd better get out and vote.

It did wonders for Rump didn't it. Just so you understand I have no idea what you're even talking about, did he endorse me or what because I know nothing about white supremacists wink wink....

at the 1:43 mark DeSantis offers his 'Freudian slip' identifying himself as a racist tool for POTUS Trump.

DeSantis may as well have said Make America White Again

Look at you, trying to pay a monkey wrench. News flash kiddo, if you think of black people every fucking time you hear the word monkey, YOU'RE THE RACIST.

As I already noted above in a post which has now expired from the quote nest, I don't know if he's using a racial slur or not --- only he does. But how it would help his campaign is an easy question to answer. Race-baiting calls attention to a base he might wish to cultivate, a base that might not be paying close attention, and how has been 'signaled' that there's one of "them" running so they'd better get out and vote.

It did wonders for Rump didn't it. Just so you understand I have no idea what you're even talking about, did he endorse me or what because I know nothing about white supremacists wink wink....
Race baiting appeals to a few dozen people, meanwhile it alienates millions. You arent telling the truth. You dont believe he was saying it to be racist. No one does.

Race baiting appeals to a few dozen people, meanwhile it alienates millions. You arent telling the truth. You dont believe he was saying it to be racist. No one does.

That's what I said several posts above. Can't you come up with your own content?

Race-baiting obviously appeals to way more than "a few dozen". That's his call if he thinks it's worth the price.

Forum List

Back