Don't monkey up the election!

As I already noted above in a post which has now expired from the quote nest, I don't know if he's using a racial slur or not --- only he does. But how it would help his campaign is an easy question to answer. Race-baiting calls attention to a base he might wish to cultivate, a base that might not be paying close attention, and how has been 'signaled' that there's one of "them" running so they'd better get out and vote.

That's pretty much the point Pogo. When you say you don't know if he meant it as a racial slur, there are shitload of people who are saying, you are among the race consumed, partisan goofballs race-baiting by suggesting it could be to start with. I think you miss how actually common the phrase is and how stupid it makes you look to suggest it has something to do with race.
That's where our politics are now: Take the slightest perceived potential advantage and blow it up by a factor of a thousand.

Then be really, really outraged.

This actually gets us nowhere, of course.

So, call out those who do it. Don't blame the poor sap who doesn't have a Masters's degree in self censorship.
Is there anyone on this board more anti-PC than me? Nope.

Is there anyone on this board who takes more silly shit from the Regressives than me over it? Nope.

That's where our politics are now: Take the slightest perceived potential advantage and blow it up by a factor of a thousand.

It's like going to breakfast and asking where the milk is, and some goofball thinking you want directions to the local KKK meeting.

Last edited:
(((((((monkey)))))) as the trumpanzees all nod to each other with knowing winks

^^^^ From YOU who uses the RACIST Trumpanzee at EVERY opportunity.

Nothing racist about associating orange people with monkeys.

Donald-Trump--Howler-Monkey.jpg

While DeSantis’ use of the phrase was likely innocent of any malice, he should have been more careful with his words so as not to give the libs any ammunition to make a claim of racism.

He's just getting his GOP base riled up to vote.

He knows if he runs as a racist, it gets them motivated.
Yet the only ones claiming he is a racist are libtard morons like you.

Sorry Mikey - Any combination of a black person and the word "monkey" is out of bounds RACIST.
You are welcome to spew that nonsense but not if you're running to be governor of the fourth larges state.

^^^^^^THAT

Because you assholes deem something racist does not make it racist. Just stop with the fucking nonsense already. Seriously this shit is so old and tiresome.

It's little wonder you fascist progtards are viewed as annoying asshats.

Clown this up -- would have been a better choice. That was bad.. But it's kinda hard to avoid if you have to take 300 english words off the table.

Hmmm - Not that hard

Mess this up
Screw this up
Botch this up
Bumble this up
Louse this up
Flub this up
Foul this up
Muck this up

I could go on ...

It's like going to breakfast and asking where the milk is, and some goofball thinking you want directions to the local KKK meeting.

They might think you mean MLK Day which is the holiday on the 3rd Monday in January.

That was an unfortunate choice of words.
maybe. but it really doesn't matter because the left will take it in the worst possible way and run with it. the trick is - did he *mean* it like that and no, i don't believe so.

we really need to stop inventing reasons to be mad. there's enough legitimate ones out there to choose from w/o doing that.

Of course. You only get mad legitimately. Show us the way!
pretty sure i could never dumb it down enough for you.

While DeSantis’ use of the phrase was likely innocent of any malice, he should have been more careful with his words so as not to give the libs any ammunition to make a claim of racism.
Bingo. He walked right into it.

As true as that may be, the recovery shouldn't consist of a prolonged attempt to stumble all over it. The best he could do is say, "That's what you think, and a fair indication of the progress we still need to make to ensure racial division isn't the first thing that comes to minds like yours." Recognize the problem and put the ownership back on the person thinking it.

No. He didn't. Liberals are looking for any even remote turn of a phrase or misheard word to rant about racism, despite the fact that it exposes them as having racist tendencies.

I once was accused of calling a student "retarded", which I did not and never would. After investigating it further, I found out I was accused by the parent of a completely different student of (another race BTW) who misunderstood what I said because English is not their first language. I had told a student that she was being slow getting to work and to hurry up and log on to her computer. When that student related the story to her parents, that became me calling the student "slow" which was then translated into "retarded". I was "called on the carpet" over this incident and forced to apologize for something I didn't even do! You can't make this shit up!

Do you also find it odd that it's the crazy liberals who are associating the word "monkeying" with their own candidate?

Last edited:

As true as that may be, the recovery shouldn't consist of a prolonged attempt to stumble all over it. The best he could do is say, "That's what you think, and a fair indication of the progress we still need to make to ensure racial division isn't the first thing that comes to minds like yours." Recognize the problem and put the ownership back on the person thinking it.
Sure, that's all that can be done in this insane environment. The only question is whether the phony outrage bullshit is still playing with the general public.

No. He didn't. Liberals are looking for any even remote turn of a phrase or misheard word to rant about racism, despite the fact that it exposes them as having racist tendencies.

I once was accused of calling a student "retarded", which I did not and never would. After investigating it further, I found out I was accused by the parent of a completely different student of (another race BTW) who misunderstood what I said because English is not their first language. I had told a student that she was being slow getting to work and to hurry up and log on to her computer. When that student related the story to her parents, that became me calling the student "slow" which was then translated into "retarded". I was "called on the carpet" over this incident and forced to apologize for something I didn't even do! You can't make this shit up!
You really don't think that saying "monkey" when discussing a black person isn't going to cause a firestorm? Really?

There is no one in this country who doesn't know what to expect there.

I'm not talking about what SHOULD BE. I'm talking about what IS. Of COURSE it's bullshit, but he still walked right into it.

Forum List

Back